another new rule associated with the patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

another new rule associated with the patriots

well they are comeing out with the push off rule against the receivers.which is a good rule if it applys to everyone,and not just the pats.plus there not picking on the defense this time.im just trying to figure out why they have randy moss on the cover of this.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1655

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: another new rule associated with the patriots

Encouraging officials to make more arbitrary judgment calls will do nothing but further the belief (real or imagined) that the league is in the tank for certain teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

This smells like sh.. I mean Irsay and Polian. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

lets get this right.in our three super bowl wins.the league made all kind of changes to the rules against the defense.for our guys were killing the other teams.in 2007 the pats offense was out of this world with the numbers they put up.brady is back,and our offense looks better then ever.now enter this new rule,and the pic of moss.is it me thats seeing this,or is it just coincident?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Yup, you're seeing things Mosse...LOL  No I agree with you the Pats are setting up to be another offensive juggernaut and the evil anti-Patriot forces are out to slow them down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Well the good thing is this should help to speed the game up, right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The rule is a direct attempt to slow down the most potent offense in the history of the game.The League isn't worried about the Colts,Steelers or chargers they are worried about Moss and Brady putting up over 60 TD's in a season!!! It would make the rest of the teams in the league look inept.I smell Jeff Fisher and the Colts brain trust behind this rule.There is no team in the league this particular rule will effect more than Patriots.This is not the usual type of rule thats implimented by the NFL,they usually try and limit what the Defense is allowed to do.This rule will severely limit the catches that Terrell Owens will catch as well as Reggie Wayne if it is called equally but don't hold your breath for it being called equally.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

This is just going to detract further from the passing game. Next they will stipulate that WRs and DBs will have to maintain a two yard "cushion zone" between them! Let the guys play! It's not so much the rule itself, but the fact that it will never be called fairly. One official will call slight contact as a foul, while another will not throw the flag unless the WR pushes the guy to the ground. Either way, fans will be grumbling that their team is being unfairly targeted (just like pmike stated). I do agree that it's bad judgement to picture Randy on any article about this, but that is the fault of whatever media outlet does so. I opened the link, but it was only a stat sheet for Randy. Were the league to reference him that would be unacceptable. I think they should not be able to call this unless it clearly moves the DB out of his position. But we all know that won't be the case, and that high profile WRs like Moss will definitely be watched a lot more closely than most. Just what we need, more flags!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i agree football should be football.every year there are more rules to take away from the game.i really dont think back in vince lombardi,s day,they thought about how to make rules to change football on what it truely is.i can see it 50yrs from now.it will have turned into flag football,and all intreast in it will be gone,or there
    will be robots,or AI,s playing it in the place of humans,and anything goes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

i can see it 50yrs from now.it will have turned into flag football

You may well be right. My only comfort in this is that I'll be dead and gone long before 2059!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Might help the Pats as much as it hurts them - our corners got abused in the red zone and pushes have been a major part of the game across the league (and WE've usually been the ones called for interference despite the fact that the receiver initiates contact)

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

This rule targets all large TE's and WRs.

Officiating these guys is like officiating Shaq. Sometimes he could get a foul called on something that wouldn't have been called on a smaller player simply because he has that big body.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhwynter. Show nhwynter's posts

In Response to Re: another new rule associated with the patriots:
    In Response to Re: another new rule associated with the patriots : You paranoid Pats fans...I can't figure out if you are sore losers or just a bunch of entitled brats who can't handle a little failure. Yeah the league is out to get you: TUCK RULE. Raiders win-no ring in 2001 and then who knows what becomes of the "dynasty". But, hey, everyone has it out for the great Pats.   Sure.
    Posted by JintsFan

If you are going to try and bring up something to counter the claims that the league is changing rules because of the Pats winning, then the "TUCK rule" shouldn't be brought up.  Why? Because it was a rule on the books for years prior to its call in the Pats/Raiders Snow Bowl.  And it was called several times a year and had been called that year AGAINST the Patriots when they played the Jets. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I'll agree that I don't like this one, even if it could help the colts against moss (who does push off). 

but I also don't like the Brady rule. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

New rule: No more tackling or even touching. Just heavy breathing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Creating separation is an attribute most teams want in a WR. Call it fairly and evenly or not at all. Ty Law was  a physical corner and Randy is physical receiver. Play the bump and run or the cover 2 or press, but don't the physicality out of the game because then it's just soccer, only you get to use your hands.

There is no conspiracy except the one that has Joe Torre and Victor Conte sharing linguini at 21. Mafia drug trafficking co-conspirators, anyone. Put La Russa on that list too. Only one thing is worse than war or the Tuck rule, sharing a coffee with Jason Grimsley.

Good thing we are talking about football and not petulant Jersey politicians. I am very sure that BB has respect for the Mara family and the Giants organisation. It's a shame their fans don't have respect for their fellow competitors, however, when the only competition is to see who gets the toxic waste removal contract....what  else should I expect.

BTW I expect the Giants to win the NFC East ;in stark contrast to those who say the Eagles or Cowpokes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

That's a bit much Yapple, there will be no penalty if a defender inadvertantly touches the quarterback while pulling his flag.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"That's a bit much Yapple, there will be no penalty if a defender inadvertantly touches the quarterback while pulling his flag."

Pulling his what?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

It was called in the HOF game on an end-zone pushoff, in the 2nd half I think.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: another new rule associated with the patriots:
    In Response to Re: another new rule associated with the patriots : You paranoid Pats fans...I can't figure out if you are sore losers or just a bunch of entitled brats who can't handle a little failure. Yeah the league is out to get you: TUCK RULE. Raiders win-no ring in 2001 and then who knows what becomes of the "dynasty". But, hey, everyone has it out for the great Pats.   Sure.
    Posted by JintsFan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWPi8JSXHVE&feature=related

Sections
Shortcuts