Another one lost- Ayers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Another one lost- Ayers

Giants add DE Robert Ayers on a 2-year deal

Giants agreed to terms with DE Robert Ayers on a two-year contract.

With Justin Tuck now in Oakland, the Giants were looking for some depth off the edge. They find it in the form of Ayers, a 28-year-old who notched 12 sacks across five seasons as a rotational player for the Broncos. As a solid run defender, he'll push Mathias Kiwanuka and Damontre Moore for snaps opposite Jason Pierre-Paul.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Another one lost- Ayers

Were the Pats ever in the game to acquire Ayers?  I did not see this name pop up until now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Were the Pats ever in the game to acquire Ayers?  I did not see this name pop up until now.

[/QUOTE]

True. Josh McDaniels drafted this guy, and coached him during his rookie season. So, I'm sure that the Patriots were up to speed on his talents. Yet, they never made a play for him. For whatever reason, they had no interest. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Don't think so. Had Will Smith in. He was just another possible pick up at a position of need.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayco. Show Jayco's posts

Ayers isn't all that hot. Broncos were rather disappointed in him after giving him a more than adequate shot at being part of the rotation.

As a depth signing, I guess it's OK for the Giants, but it's nothing to go ga-ga over.

Life goes on....

And, no - to the best of my knowledge, the Pats never had him on their radar.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I don't think he was that good...if Miller was there for the full season, would he have even gotten on the field?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]Giants add DE Robert Ayers on a 2-year deal

With Justin Tuck now in Oakland, the Giants were looking for some depth off the edge. They find it in the form of Ayers, a 28-year-old who notched 12 sacks across five seasons as a rotational player for the Broncos. As a solid run defender, he'll push Mathias Kiwanuka and Damontre Moore for snaps opposite Jason Pierre-Paul.[/QUOTE]

i will say Reese has really done a nice job addressing both lines so far as well as the Rogers-Cromartie signing...solid work pre-draft

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]Giants add DE Robert Ayers on a 2-year deal

With Justin Tuck now in Oakland, the Giants were looking for some depth off the edge. They find it in the form of Ayers, a 28-year-old who notched 12 sacks across five seasons as a rotational player for the Broncos. As a solid run defender, he'll push Mathias Kiwanuka and Damontre Moore for snaps opposite Jason Pierre-Paul.[/QUOTE]

i will say Reese has really done a nice job addressing both lines so far as well as the Rogers-Cromartie signing...solid work pre-draft

[/QUOTE]

Am I allowed to post a snarky, underhanded reply to this post, for no other reason than you're a Giants' fan? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Yes lets sign every single free agent on the market because the armchair GMs here say to

Sections
Shortcuts