Another post about Brady's legacy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

Another post about Brady's legacy

So, say we get back to the Superbowl next year (and it's looking like there's a good chance) but we don't meet the Giants there.  And say we win, but against someone else besides Eli Manning... is Tom's legacy repaired?  I mean he'd be back in the Joe Montana conversation with 4 rings, but does the inability to beat Eli Manning twice now stain his legacy for good?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Another post about Brady's legacy

In my opinion, he will never pass Montana at this point. I love Brady. He is the number two all-time QB in my opinion, but Montana was perfect in the Super Bowl. Not only way he 4-0, but in those games he threw 11 TDs and ZERO interceptions.

Montana's stats are incredible. Not only is his playoffs QB rating better than his regular season, but it actually gets better with each round of the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

So you say there is no way Brady can ever pass Montana? What if he wins the next 5 Super Bowls in a row? While throwing 5 TDs and no INTs in every playoff game and throwing for more then 4,500 yards and 45 TDs in every season?

The point is....never say never. Wait until is career his over before judging it as a complete work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

If he gets 5 Superbowl rings I'd put him above Montana.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Ins today's Salary Cap Era Brady is already above Montana.

Montana's teams were stacked, NO CAP!

Screw the NY media and ESPN, Brady's image is NOT damaged he lost a heck of a game. He's what 14th overall in yardage in the history of the NFL and he ain't done yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Another post about Brady's legacy:
    Ins today's Salary Cap Era Brady is already above Montana. Montana's teams were stacked, NO CAP! Screw the NY media and ESPN, Brady's image is NOT damaged he lost a heck of a game. He's what 14th overall in yardage in the history of the NFL and he ain't done yet.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting

Two way street though, it is a lot easier to put up big numbers at the QB position than it was when Montana was playing.

Ronnie Lott would get fined every week for his hits on "defenseless receivers" if he played now, not to mention the lengths the league has gone to to protect QB's from being hit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

True but stacked is stacked. Under the CAP rules of today that team would not be intact.

Additionally, remember when the CAP came in, who was caught cheating the CAP?

The 49ers

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

he is at least top 5 already, and he may not be done winning super bowls, espescially if BB can get him some more help this offseason

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

Ins today's Salary Cap Era Brady is already above Montana. Montana's teams were stacked, NO CAP! Screw the NY media and ESPN, Brady's image is NOT damaged he lost a heck of a game. He's what 14th overall in yardage in the history of the NFL and he ain't done yet.  Top 5 never greatest ever 6-6 last 12 postseason games. Just like Manning can't win without top d- fence.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

Ins today's Salary Cap Era Brady is already above Montana. Montana's teams were stacked, NO CAP! Screw the NY media and ESPN, Brady's image is NOT damaged he lost a heck of a game. He's what 14th overall in yardage in the history of the NFL and he ain't done yet.

So were ours 01 03 04 Don't care who the QB is no D- fence no ring as we all know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Brady isn't finish yet. Plus, Brady pass Montana's completetions in the SB. If he gets another ring or two. He is ahead of Montana.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Brady wasn't up against Eli, he was up against the Giants defense.  I wish Brady had played better in the SB, but before concluding Eli is so much better or more clutch than Brady, ask yourself this.  If Brady was playing with the Giants' offensive weapons, against the Pats D, how many points do you think he would have put up? I personally think it would have been at least 30.

Brady had by far the more difficult QB task in that game, lousy field position, limited time of possession, his favorite receiver at 20%, and most important, he was going up against a MUCH better defense.  Brady also shot himself in the foot a couple of times, and still the Pats could have won that game.

Again, I wasn't happy with Brady's performance in the SB (bet he wasn't happy with it either), but I'll still take him over any other QB in the league. 

As long as he's the QB, the Pats will be in the hunt.  I'll take 5 Superbowls in 10 years and 3 rings. Better than Montana?  Don't care, I just want to see him get at least one more ring, he deserves another one. The Pats won't be in the mix every year like this after he retires. I hope he's more motivated than ever next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Another post about Brady's legacy:
    So, say we get back to the Superbowl next year (and it's looking like there's a good chance) but we don't meet the Giants there.  And say we win, but against someone else besides Eli Manning... is Tom's legacy repaired?  I mean he'd be back in the Joe Montana conversation with 4 rings, but does the inability to beat Eli Manning twice now stain his legacy for good?
    Posted by BRADinLA

No. And to say he didn't play well in either game is ridiculous, especially since he was fighting injuries in both.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

His legacy isn't damaged in the eyes of anyone but a nitwit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Maybe we hear different things when we hear about damaged legacies, but to me it is damaged.  The tom brady of old was a God among men, he was winning super bowls as the underdog with nobody at WR.  Me and my dad used to joke that they could take fans out of the stands and let them play WR and TB could win a superbowl with them.

Eli Manning is not a better QB.. media plays that crap up to get a rise out of us fans; Its not close..  But something is different about this TomBrady.  If your going to be in bad situations.. and your playing a superior defense.. and your offense is dinged up... DONT TURN THE BALL OVER!  In the Baltimore game and in the Giants game the BEST PLAYER ON OUR TEAM turned the ball over multiple times.  Eli didnt.  Neither team won that game, we lost it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Maybe we hear different things when we hear about damaged legacies, but to me it is damaged.  The tom brady of old was a God among men, he was winning super bowls as the underdog with nobody at WR.  Me and my dad used to joke that they could take fans out of the stands and let them play WR and TB could win a superbowl with them. Eli Manning is not a better QB.. media plays that crap up to get a rise out of us fans; Its not close..  But something is different about this TomBrady.  If your going to be in bad situations.. and your playing a superior defense.. and your offense is dinged up... DONT TURN THE BALL OVER!  In the Baltimore game and in the Giants game the BEST PLAYER ON OUR TEAM turned the ball over multiple times.  Eli didnt.  Neither team won that game, we lost it.
    Posted by Ender587

Well, that Brady didn't have one of the worst defenses in history on the other side of the ball for him.

It's the same Brady getting the job done invariably when the game is on the line.

In 2001 if Troy drops the big pass in that final drive, the legacy probably doesn't even begin.

Fans have become scewed in their thinking. They expect Brady to make up for every deficiency on the team with greatness. That's not fair. He threw a pick that Gronk should probably taken a penalty on to protect the ball. But ALL QBs throw them even in big games. His numbers for that game were on par with Eli's for the season and people were calling Eli elite for the year he was having.

It's not that it isn't the same Tom. It's that the expectations have become insane.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

Posted by BabeParilli
    In New England a little, outside New England a lot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hulk. Show hulk's posts

Posted by BabeParilli

The bottom line is he is one of the greatest all time.  At least us Patriots fans have this luxury.  Brady has been in 5 Super Bowls...5!  The fact that he has gotten us to 5 at this point in his career says a lot. You can't compare Brady to Montana, just like you can't compare Montana to Unitas.  Different times.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Another post about Brady's legacy:
    Posted by BRADinLA

The Patriots TEAM loses the SB and Brady's legacy is in question??  He does not play alone.  How many QBs can you name who started and played in FIVE Super Bowls???  Mighty short list and where is it written you HAVE to win them all otherwise you are no good??!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Another post about Brady's legacy : In New England a little, outside New England a lot.
    Posted by CHUBBIE99

Only the jealous will think this way, when you think about it.  Peyton Manning may NEVER get to 5 SBs in his career and all that puts him in the same ballpark as Brady are the regular season stats he has accumulated.  Seems we never hear this type of rhetoric about Manning given all his "one and dones"!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'd be happy with one more Brady lead championship, even if we make it to the Super Bowl more than once with him at QB.

Sections
Shortcuts