Another Set of Great Draft Day Trades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Another Set of Great Draft Day Trades

First, the Pats shipped their 26th overall pick, plus their 162nd selection, to GB for their 41st, 73rd and 83rd picks...and now, they just shipped the 73rd overall pick to Jacksonville, for the Jags 2nd rounder in 2010. Very nicely done.

Now, we'll have to root against the Jags (except opf course when they play the Colts...LOL!!)   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Another Set of Great Draft Day Trades

I agree. I am more happy with this draft than any in recent memory. Adding a second next year only sweetens the pot.

The best part is that the Jags are likely going to struggle. In two-three years I think  Monroe and Britton will be fantastic. But in the short term their offense is still anemic, and the core of their defense is still thin.

So we fans can look forward to something between #40 and #52 next season. Brilliant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

... hmmm ... only two TEs taken so far ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

I agree with both of you and add the fact they are very thin at WR teams will bring in a extra guy in the box to stop the run. Torry Holt is not the same guy he was in the early 2000's and they released two former 1st rnd picks that were both WRs, so I'll be looking to see if they draft a couple WR later today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Another great trade! The Pats just traded their 89th overall pick to Tennessee for the Titans' 2nd round pick in 2010.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

Awesome!!  We now have at least 3 in 2nd round next year.  Great wheeling and dealing!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]... hmmm ... only two TEs taken so far ...
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

Jared Cook was just taken at #89. My guess is that the Pats will use their 97th overall pick (can't be traded) for a TE, of an offensive lineman.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Traded 23 down to 41, got Darius Butler ANYWAY, picked up 2 third rounders, then traded 2 third rounders for 2 seconds next year.  we could have picked Butler at 23 and never would have those 2 seconds.

BB is truly a genious.