Another sick story

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Another sick story

From NY Paper.  Seriously what is this world coming too.  Makes me so sick sometimes. Makes the bickering on here so trival too.  It's just a game people.

A diehard New York Jets fan was savagely beaten on his own turf by a drunken gang of Kansas City Chiefs fans after their team was trounced Sunday — with one of the assailants barking "FU New York" and "You all deserved what happened on 9/11," the victim's distraught family told the New York Post.

James Mohr, 23, a physical-education teacher at the Bronx Guild vocational high school, was wearing his Jets gear after the team's 37-10 victory as he walked through Parking Lot J at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., when a woman standing with a pack of men allegedly screamed the vile taunts, the Post reported.

Mohr took offense and told the rowdies their 9/11 insult was "disrespectful," his sister, Anna Mohr, 28, told the Post.

"Our other brother is a fireman, and my father is retired FDNY, so you can understand why a 9/11 comment would especially irk him," Anna said. "He was shocked anyone would actually say something like that."

Mohr, who lives in Auburndale, Queens, was walking alone from where a group of neighborhood friends had gathered in another part of the lot when he was jumped by up to seven people. At least one was wearing a Chiefs football jersey, a police source confirmed to the Post.

The lifelong Jet fan suffered a fractured jaw, cheekbone and eye socket, and also has bleeding on the brain.

Mohr underwent hours of surgery to repair the injuries Tuesday at New Jersey's Hackensack University Medical Center, where his family was keeping vigil.

"He's hanging in there and he's scheduled for surgery. We won't know too much until that's done," Anna Mohr said before surgery.

State troopers arrested one of the alleged attackers, a New Jersey man, on a simple assault charge, but a spokesman said the probe is continuing, the Post reported.

A stadium representative said, "This is an unacceptable attack on one of our guests and we have been working with the New Jersey State Police to make sure the man arrested is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Another sick story

lowlifes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

People have always been like this and will continue to be like this, karma is a bitcch, that's all I know.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Despicable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

In Response to Re: Another sick story:
    stuff like this happens all the time, and i doubt the story is 100% accurate as your only getting the victim's side.
    Posted by ricky12684

This is true. Still no reason for it. Sad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Jet on Jet crimes have to stop. It should be illegal for 7 Chiefs fan to live in NJ.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wait there are KC fans living in NJ? For some reason I don't think they were KC fans just some jac@ss's who wanted to stomp someone's skull.

I hope they catch all of them

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Why do people have to make joke's about such a despicable incident like this? Some people really need to grow up!

I heard it was actually Plaxico Burress pistol whipping the guy & yelling out "You got Tebowed Muthafukka!!".
    Posted by xxxcrwn

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

7 guys jumping one?  Bunch of cowards.  I hate the Jets as much as the next person but this crap is despicable and shouldn't be tolerated.  Talk is one thing but you never get physical.  It's just a football game for Christ's sake.  Those Chiefs fans deserve a lengthy prison sentence.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPATT. Show SANPATT's posts

Lot of idiots in the world

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinjake1966. Show kevinjake1966's posts

Seriously this kind of incident is so sad.  We all like to root for our team and at the same time give the fans of other teams a hard time it should be good natured and in the spirit of fun.  To beat a guy up over a football game????  How sick is that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I'm not condoning what happened. But, there is something to say about just walking away from the morons. I believe "drunken" best describes them. Who doesn't know what can possibly happen when booze and drunkeness mixes with a loss at a sporting event? Anyone??

I don't care if he was a fireman himself, you just walk away, and laugh to yourself, knowing that: 1) YOUR team just kicked butt  2) The morons are mad AND drunk (NOT a good mix)  3) those yahoos will probably get stopped by police somewhare down the line if for nothing more than public intoxication.

Ya gotta be bigger than the situation. Ya gotta identify a "no win" situation and just walk away. That's the ONLY way you can guarantee your safety, especially when dealing with a group of yahoos. Thew mart thing is to just keep on walking and not acknowledge them. But, that darn ego steps in, sometimes worse than booze, and there ya go.

I hope they catch all of them and toss the book at 'em. Then, deport them back to Kansas City. But, this has got to be a learning experience for everyone in a potentially hostile situation. Leave the morons to be the morons. Don't make it worse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Why do people have to make joke's about such a despicable incident like this? Some people really need to grow up! In Response to Re: Another sick story :
    Posted by Steelcurtain75

You need to take your panties off & put on a pair of pants. Being PC is what is ruining this country.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Another sick story : You need to take your panties off & put on a pair of pants. Being PC is what is ruining this country.
    Posted by xxxcrwn

This might be the stupidest response I have seen on this board.  I can only assume that you've had a sh*tty life and its what causes you to contrive such crap.  You have my pity.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It is a GAME, for God's sake!!  Some folks take this "fan stuff" way to seriously.  Support your team and let the others supports theirs.  No harm comes to anyone because you have a favorite team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

In Response to Re: Another sick story : You need to take your panties off & put on a pair of pants. Being PC is what is ruining this country.
    Posted by xxxcrwn

While I'm not one who's thrilled about the "PC" craze, a comment like that was way out of line. that wasn't just an insule to New Yorkers, it was an insult to all Americans (the 9/11/comment). PC has nothing to do with it! If you are too ignorant to realize this I feel sorry for you. I agree with AZPAT, the smartest thing to do in a situation like this is to just walk away. Though sometimes that may not be enough. Luckily down here in SC you still have the right to own a gun (reasonably), and the right to defend yourself. But things should never get to such a point at a game. I love the Patriots, but would not get violent with a Jets fan after a loss...however much I hate their team! I'm sure alcohol had a huge part to play in this incident, another reason they are trying to limit fans from drinking at games. There is no excuse. Hopefully these guys will be arrested and do some jail time. I'd bet they won't think they're so tough when they get into a cell! Things like this take away from the game we all love. Some people just need to get their priorities straight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: Another sick story : While I'm not one who's thrilled about the "PC" craze, a comment like that was way out of line. that wasn't just an insule to New Yorkers, it was an insult to all Americans (the 9/11/comment). PC has nothing to do with it! If you are too ignorant to realize this I feel sorry for you. I agree with AZPAT, the smartest thing to do in a situation like this is to just walk away. Though sometimes that may not be enough. Luckily down here in SC you still have the right to own a gun (reasonably), and the right to defend yourself. But things should never get to such a point at a game. I love the Patriots, but would not get violent with a Jets fan after a loss...however much I hate their team! I'm sure alcohol had a huge part to play in this incident, another reason they are trying to limit fans from drinking at games. There is no excuse. Hopefully these guys will be arrested and do some jail time. I'd bet they won't think they're so tough when they get into a cell! Things like this take away from the game we all love. Some people just need to get their priorities straight.
    Posted by bubthegrub2

Totally agree.  xxxcrwn, you are way out of line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Thugs. May they all cool their jets behind prison bars for a very long time. Wishing a full and speedy recovery for Mohr.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In Response to Re: Another sick story : This might be the stupidest response I have seen on this board.  I can only assume that you've had a sh*tty life and its what causes you to contrive such crap.  You have my pity.  
    Posted by UD6

Evidently you haven't read any of your own. You know what they say about assuming things. I can guarantee you my life is better than 99% of the people on this board. No need to pity me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In Response to Re: Another sick story : While I'm not one who's thrilled about the "PC" craze, a comment like that was way out of line. that wasn't just an insule to New Yorkers, it was an insult to all Americans (the 9/11/comment). PC has nothing to do with it! If you are too ignorant to realize this I feel sorry for you. I agree with AZPAT, the smartest thing to do in a situation like this is to just walk away. Though sometimes that may not be enough. Luckily down here in SC you still have the right to own a gun (reasonably), and the right to defend yourself. But things should never get to such a point at a game. I love the Patriots, but would not get violent with a Jets fan after a loss...however much I hate their team! I'm sure alcohol had a huge part to play in this incident, another reason they are trying to limit fans from drinking at games. There is no excuse. Hopefully these guys will be arrested and do some jail time. I'd bet they won't think they're so tough when they get into a cell! Things like this take away from the game we all love. Some people just need to get their priorities straight.
    Posted by bubthegrub2

You just assume that what the guy said is the truth. Maybe he got his as* kicked for something else & is a vengeful SOB who made something up to get back at his assailants. It's not like that hasn't happened before. Were you there to witness it?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In Response to Re: Another sick story : Totally agree.  xxxcrwn, you are way out of line.
    Posted by ATJ

I respectfully disagree.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Another sick story:
    From NY Paper.  Seriously what is this world coming too.  Makes me so sick sometimes. Makes the bickering on here so trival too.  It's just a game people. A diehard New York Jets fan was savagely beaten on his own turf by a drunken gang of Kansas City Chiefs fans after their team was trounced Sunday — with one of the assailants barking "FU New York" and "You all deserved what happened on 9/11," the victim's distraught family told the New York Post. James Mohr, 23, a physical-education teacher at the Bronx Guild vocational high school, was wearing his Jets gear after the team's 37-10 victory as he walked through Parking Lot J at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., when a woman standing with a pack of men allegedly screamed the vile taunts, the Post reported. Mohr took offense and told the rowdies their 9/11 insult was "disrespectful," his sister, Anna Mohr, 28, told the Post. "Our other brother is a fireman, and my father is retired FDNY, so you can understand why a 9/11 comment would especially irk him," Anna said. "He was shocked anyone would actually say something like that." Mohr, who lives in Auburndale, Queens, was walking alone from where a group of neighborhood friends had gathered in another part of the lot when he was jumped by up to seven people. At least one was wearing a Chiefs football jersey, a police source confirmed to the Post. The lifelong Jet fan suffered a fractured jaw, cheekbone and eye socket, and also has bleeding on the brain. Mohr underwent hours of surgery to repair the injuries Tuesday at New Jersey's Hackensack University Medical Center, where his family was keeping vigil. "He's hanging in there and he's scheduled for surgery. We won't know too much until that's done," Anna Mohr said before surgery. State troopers arrested one of the alleged attackers, a New Jersey man, on a simple assault charge, but a spokesman said the probe is continuing, the Post reported. A stadium representative said, "This is an unacceptable attack on one of our guests and we have been working with the New Jersey State Police to make sure the man arrested is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."
    Posted by Patsman3

as they say, alcohol does bring out the worst in people sometimes, me included.
    however, 7 on 1 really shows me how guttless those asshats were.

the fact that the new jersey staties have one of the guttless pukes does bring a smile to my face. by the time those guys are done with him he will rat out all 6 of the other perps and I honestly believe justice will be served.

what's really a damn shame is the fact that there weren't any of new yorks finest within ear shot of what took place, or maybe some off duty NYFD. either or, those punks will get theirs I'm sure.
    I hope the kid they beat up makes a full recover from his injuries.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

In Response to Re: Another sick story : You just assume that what the guy said is the truth. Maybe he got his as* kicked for something else & is a vengeful SOB who made something up to get back at his assailants. It's not like that hasn't happened before. Were you there to witness it?
    Posted by xxxcrwn

True, neither one of us was there, so there's no way we can know for certain. However, supposedly there were witnesses. And even if the reasoning was different from what the victim stated, seven guys jumping on one is still a gutless, cowardly act, whatever the reason. And I have to laugh at trolls like you. How could you know your life is "better than 99% of the people on the board"? I could be a CEO or I could be a wino using a computer at the library. For that matter, so could you! For someone who criticized "assuming" you certainly are being liberal with your own assumptions!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Posted by bubthegrub2

When I travel on business, I have the luck of attending several different professional sporting events, quite often when Boston teams are involved. So, I wear that team's "stuff", to show my support. More often than not, the Boston team wins, and I have to walk the gauntlet leaving the venue with the folks that took me to the event. The stuff that gets yelled at me is borderline "criminal" (via threats).  I just keep on walking, no matter what my feelings are to "get involved". My bottom line thought is this: #1 It's a GAME, stupid!!  2) Why woul;d I want to either get hurt, or putting a hurt on a moron, AND getting criminally charged for something that SHOULD have been avoided? NO way do I want to risk criminal charges or hospitalization over some intoxicated, immature moronic pea brained yahoo? 

Like ai said, my team won, and thes yahoos have to deal with that AND see that their best effort at insult has no impact on me.  It's GOTTA drive 'em nuts, which is my little pouind of flesh.

Some things just aren't worth it. Intoxicated yahoos tops the list.

Sections
Shortcuts