Another sick story

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Another sick story

Disgusting. Some people better get hard time for this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

All I've seen here is speculation and opinion. This could go on infinitely so I'll reserve judgement after reviewing the official police report.

One of seven wearing a football jersey and it becomes a NY vs. KC sports assault?

Links???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Another sick story:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another sick story : Evidently you haven't read any of your own. You know what they say about assuming things. I can guarantee you my life is better than 99% of the people on this board. No need to pity me.
    Posted by xxxcrwn[/QUOTE]

Sure there is. Your response demonstrated that despite oh so wicked great life, you are a despicable human being. You should also know that pity is one step above humiliation and you are pitiable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Google- Jets fan assualted. (a wonderful thing) Multiple sources. But here's the article this threas is based on.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/jet_fan_battered_in_stadium_attack_BidL10Q2yNEsaigZbkMgZK

[QUOTE]All I've seen here is speculation and
    opinion. This could go on infinitely so I'll reserve judgement after reviewing the official police report. One of seven wearing a football jersey and it becomes a NY vs. KC sports assault? Links???
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not condoning what happened. But, there is something to say about just walking away from the morons. I believe "drunken" best describes them. Who doesn't know what can possibly happen when booze and drunkeness mixes with a loss at a sporting event? Anyone?? I don't care if he was a fireman himself, you just walk away, and laugh to yourself, knowing that: 1) YOUR team just kicked butt  2) The morons are mad AND drunk (NOT a good mix)  3) those yahoos will probably get stopped by police somewhare down the line if for nothing more than public intoxication. Ya gotta be bigger than the situation. Ya gotta identify a "no win" situation and just walk away. That's the ONLY way you can guarantee your safety, especially when dealing with a group of yahoos. Thew mart thing is to just keep on walking and not acknowledge them. But, that darn ego steps in, sometimes worse than booze, and there ya go. I hope they catch all of them and toss the book at 'em. Then, deport them back to Kansas City. But, this has got to be a learning experience for everyone in a potentially hostile situation. Leave the morons to be the morons. Don't make it worse.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

When I was a kid, my brothers were the neighborhood bullies.  When they weren't bullying kids in the neighborhood, guess who they were bullying?  They were six and four years older than me.  I took some bad beatings.  Shiners, broken nose, etc.  Had a sweet, single mom who had lost control and was buying into the flavor-of-the-day pop psychology that kids should work out their problems alone.  Didn't work out for me.

I was big for my age, and I was THE target for kids trying to prove how tough they were.  You know, if you can beat the big kid, you are king.  I would avoid a fight like the plague, but if and when some finally pushed me into a corner, I would give back viscous beatings, taking out what I suffered from bullies at home on bullies that were foolish enough to push me into a fight.  I am talking 30-60 minute beatings.  

I only lost two fights in my life, both against kids that I had no beef with and they had done me no wrong - they were the (only) two fights my bully brothers had pushed me into.  My heart was not in those fights.  Attitude means everything when you are in a fight, if you didn't already know.

The rest of the fights?  I won so many I lost count.  A dozen?  More?  

In my last two fights, I beat up two high school bullies.

One was picking on a weakling in gym and knocked the kid out by throwing a basketball, full strength, to the base of his skull.  The bully was a QB.  I stood up for the weakling, while he was still blacked out, shouting down the bully in front of 100+ kids.  The fight came later when the bully jumped me in the hallway with a sucker punch.  That was his last punch.  By the time the fight was over five minutes later, he had two black eyes, a busted lip, a broken nose a, broken hand and blood gushing form his face.  One teacher said he had never seen so much bleeding and that it was the worst beating he had ever seen.  OVer the folowing week, after my suspension, teachers secretly thanked me for beating that kid.  Unfortunately, I beat him so hard that my hand swelled about an inch.  Emergency room Doc swore I had shattered my hand.  I hadn't.  But it hurt like hell for weeks.  I was 17.  In those days, kids rarely got arresed for fighting.

Exactly a year later, another punk picked a fight with me, this time over $5 he owed me. I never wanted a fight over it.  It was just about principle.  But he dogged me for a month, calling me names in school, challenging me in the halls between classes.  It was very embarrassing, but I was warned that if I got in a fight, I risked expulsion, because of the other fight.  

I agreed to meet the punk off-grounds, and he never showed.  

Finally, he issued and ultimatum, communicated via a mutual friend, that he was going to fight me after schoo, whether I fought back or not.  

I hated fighting in crowds because as I would surely be winning, the other kids' friends would interfere.  So I cut my last class to intercept him before school ended, and ran into him in the halls by coincidence.  

I flipped my switch.  I had been passive for the past month, taking a mountain of verbal abuse, trying to avoid a fight, as always.  But once I crossed that threshold, I was an animal.  I told him, "Outside, in the city hall parking lot.  I am going to destroy you.  I am going to kill you.  I am going to beat you to a pulp."

We went to the lot, to a small war memorial grass triangle, where I proceeded to beat him for 45 minutes.  I would beat him, wrestle him down, beat him while I sat on him, he would roll over, I would beat his back and head, and I would let him up so I chase him down again and beat his face more.  The only kids to see us, saw the one time in 45 minutes when he had me pinned down for about two minutes, after I had let him up yet again.  He never landed a punch.

I was thinking, "Great, everybody is going to think this punk beat me when I have been beating him raw."  And that's what those witnesses said they were going to tell "everybody".  

They left, and I resumed beating him until my hands were too sore to punch and my arms felt like rubber, and I finally let him go. I was caught a minute later by the asst. principle.  I was 18.  It didn't look good.  I had to give up the kids name.  I would be damned before I was going to take a fall for him after what he put me through for the month.

Turns out, about 300 people saw the fight, from the school windows, and it was a teacher who had called the VP to stop the fight.  By the next day, 1400 kids knew I had exacted the worst beating of the year on the martial arts punk who was already on suspension.  He had two shiners and an awful lot of bruises on his back.

My hand was huge again.  By chance, I met the same ER doc from a year before, and he swore that I had really ruined my hand, "this time," and would never even write again.  Forget about nguitar. He had remembered me from the year before.

Same as last year, Doc had four other docs look at it.  Same as last year, x-rays were negative.  Same as last year, my hand killed for about a month. (It was slightly swollen for about 15 years.)  Same as last year, about 10 teachers secretly thanked me.  I couldn't write for exams, so teachers gave me phoney exam grades as my reward for destroying one of the most-hated-by-teachers kids in schools.

Here's the point of my long post.  From that time on, I knew I could no longer test the boundaries of the law.  I should have been arrested and convicted of battery.  I should have had a criminal record that affected my employment chances.  And if I kept going, sooner or later I was going to get beat by a gang of some punk's friends.

In the '80s and '90 I frequented some of the most rowdy clubs in Province, like The Rocket/Club Baby Head, featuring several fights every w/e night.  I had dozens upon dozens of times punks and bullies tried to bait me.  I had a group of UF football players in Gainesville try to provoke me over a girl I was dancing with.  Each time, I just swallowed my pride deeply, knowing that,"Y eah, I can probably beat the hell out of this guy. Then what? What happens if I am arrested?  What happens if five bouncers pummel me?  Am I going to hurt my hand and not be able to work?  What happens if I accidentally kill the guy?"

Being a strong adult man means knowing that senseless, purposeless fighting is for losers.  The loser loses.  The winner loses.  Real men can work it out with words. Real men know that is better to walk away than to stay and fight some loser or drunk whose is looking for a fight because it is the only thrill he has in his joyless loser life, a life in which he is too happy to bring you down to his level. 

There is always going to be my emotional, core, gut urge inh me to respond with force to bullies, because of my rough childhood exerience. However, my adult, rational, responsible self knows I have to tame that beast.  Nothing good is ever  going to come from a fight for anything less than a high level of justice in which fighting is the only course remaining - your wife is being attacked; your kids are being attacked; there is gunman on a spree, and so forth.  Those situations virtually never occur in day-to-day life of the average American man.

It's wrong what happened to that Jets fan.  But it was foolish for him to act like a kid and escalate an already touchy situation.  He didn't ask for a beating.  But he didn't turn away from one either.  A real man that cares about his family, his job, his spouse swallows his vain pride and avoids a senseless fight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another sick story : True, neither one of us was there, so there's no way we can know for certain. However, supposedly there were witnesses. And even if the reasoning was different from what the victim stated, seven guys jumping on one is still a gutless, cowardly act, whatever the reason. And I have to laugh at trolls like you. How could you know your life is "better than 99% of the people on the board"? I could be a CEO or I could be a wino using a computer at the library. For that matter, so could you! For someone who criticized "assuming" you certainly are being liberal with your own assumptions!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

It never occurred to you that he got his butt beat by a 12 year old girl & is just too embarrassed to admit it? People have made up stories for far less. You did notice I left a 1% out of the equation to account for that. I retired very young & am happy to be out of the rat race. Enjoy your wine. ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another sick story : Sure there is. Your response demonstrated that despite oh so wicked great life, you are a despicable human being. You should also know that pity is one step above humiliation and you are pitiable.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Your response gives me the same response. You need to get some help. You definitely aren't too well balanced.