ANOTHER stupid/useless/unneeded thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

ANOTHER stupid/useless/unneeded thread

I'm tired of reading some variation of the above. It's so immature.

Fact is, there are many people that post, with many different thoughts or interests.

If the title of a thread doesn't interest you, DON'T ADD ANYTHING. If you take the time to open it up, and leave a message just to basically say nobody should be commenting....that's really, really sad.

The ONLY time I take issue with a thread topic is when there are many recent threads on the same topic....that really hasn't been the issue.

There's been a:

Bowe thread
    Foster thread
    Vincent Jackson thread
    Michael Griffin thread
    Mario Williams thread
    Mike Williams thread (s, this one I admit)
    Peyton Hillis thread

and more.

The Pats have a lot of cap space, and ALWAYS spend to the cap. The team needs some help, and where they need that help is debatable.

If anyone gets annoyed by fans throwing ideas out there, go start your own message board, or petition BDC to start another board for you. They did that for all the hand-holding, do-no-wrong-in-my-eyes Sox fans...maybe they'll do it for the I-know-better-and-must-approve-all-threads group here. Or go root for a team where the fans don't really care, and don't discuss anything in the offseason.

Or just grow up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: ANOTHER stupid/useless/unneeded thread

lol dragon, 

at the same time people have the right to express their frustration on wild threads that are 1 sentence long saying "we should sign X because we'd be unstoppable".

For me I don't really care, I like discussing any FA or draft pick provided the person who started the thread actually prompts conversation in the opening post. The Wallace thread and Lloyd thread are perfect examples because they sparked debate.

All I'm tired of is the one sentence post about signing so and so with no real reason why or writing a thought out post as to how we would get them to spark a debate and discussion. Sometimes the one sentence threads are a bit useless and unneeded. Also the dbl post threads. One's where the same topic is still on the front page, long after the original topic was posted, those are annoying

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Dragon, sounds like your feelings are hurt cause you have started a handful of nonsenesical threads and folks have called you on them! Speaking of nonsensical threads this is another one........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Correct, many of the threads here are rehashing the same topics over and over but most of it is because there isn't much to talk about for a few weeks. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I can totally respect the part about one sentence thread starts. I get that. The flipside, though, is that, maybe not everyone is as well written as you and I OBVIOUSLY are! Haha. In all seriousness, some people are very guarded about their opinions, but are interested in others' thoughts, so they throw something out there that they haven't seen. I can see both sides of that.

I also don't like when a thread keeps it's staying power, and posts can sometimes be a day or 2 apart, but someone keeps propping it up and there is no flow to any discussion.

And yes, people have a right to share any opinion, they could go about it more humanely though. Rather than just rip the person, go into details. Rusty ALWAYS gives reasons why he doesn't like a thread, but ALWAYS after a personal attack. Without the attack, I have no problem with him laying out the reasons why he doesn't agree. And, no Rusty, no agenda against you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

We were 8-10 million under the cap all year...what are we supposed to talk about? Tim Thomas?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: ANOTHER stupid/useless/unneeded thread:
    Dragon, sounds like your feelings are hurt cause you have started a handful of nonsenesical threads and folks have called you on them! Speaking of nonsensical threads this is another one........
    Posted by Quagmire3

Not at all. It's come up in a thread I started, and I addressed it there. This thread is in response to my reading similar comments on just about every other freaking thread.

Calling this a nonsensical thread? Good for you, you can read the title. Beyond that? Ehhhhh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

I agree with the OP!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I can totally respect the part about one sentence thread starts. I get that. The flipside, though, is that, maybe not everyone is as well written as you and I OBVIOUSLY are! Haha. In all seriousness, some people are very guarded about their opinions, but are interested in others' thoughts, so they throw something out there that they haven't seen. I can see both sides of that. I also don't like when a thread keeps it's staying power, and posts can sometimes be a day or 2 apart, but someone keeps propping it up and there is no flow to any discussion. And yes, people have a right to share any opinion, they could go about it more humanely though. Rather than just rip the person, go into details. Rusty ALWAYS gives reasons why he doesn't like a thread, but ALWAYS after a personal attack. Without the attack, I have no problem with him laying out the reasons why he doesn't agree. And, no Rusty, no agenda against you.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

You are definitely right. I for one am not the greatest typist there is. Sometimes I can't type fast enough to keep up with my thoughts.  

By the time I'm done typing a post someone else has already beat me to the punch.

I'm also not very argumentive but enjoy reading other's posts.  Well, most others anyway.

All that said, I have learned a great deal about the game from this forum even if I don't comment as much as some I get into some of the heated discussions that take place on alot of threads.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

this thread is stoopid. All of you are wasting your time commenting on this thread. you should be doing something else productive in society. I can't believe you guys would even waste your time discussing such a stoopid topic. I am so mad that I will never ever ever ever comment on this thread again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Ughhh you guys are still talking about this? I CANNOT believe you guys cannot get over this thread. OMG

I will be back tomorrow to make sure NOBODY else has commented on this thread...because it is a waste of time. Obviously nobody who knows anything would come to this thread. I am over this.

C ya tomorrow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Ughhh you guys are still talking about this? I CANNOT believe you guys cannot get over this thread. OMG I will be back tomorrow to make sure NOBODY else has commented on this thread...because it is a waste of time. Obviously nobody who knows anything would come to this thread. I am over this. C ya tomorrow.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Hahahaha!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Ah, what was the original topic? The existential nature of posting incisive football knowledge by people who know nothing about it?  Was that it?  If that's it then by gum I'm in favor of it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

And while we're at it...can we all agree on a universal sarcasm font or color?

Something like this perhaps?

Or this?

I think it's appropriate that a select few make universal changes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

This "problem" happens EVERY OFF SEASON on the board. That is why most of the regulars back off and take a break. The nonsense on the board will only get worse over the next few months.....unbearable by the opening of training camp.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yeah I think we should take a break about talking football...I made this awesome meat loaf last night. Check this out! All I had to do to add a unique flavor was add grape jam and cocktail sauce to the onion, peppers and mushrooms I already added to the meat. I also threw some cheese in it, it was delicious!

I'll post back later for my top secret recipe of chicken thigh marination!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah I think we should take a break about talking football...I made this awesome meat loaf last night. Check this out! All I had to do to add a unique flavor was add grape jam and cocktail sauce to the onion, peppers and mushrooms I already added to the meat. I also threw some cheese in it, it was delicious! I'll post back later for my top secret recipe of chicken thigh marination!
    Posted by mthurl

Now I'm starting to understand the "hurl" part of mthurl.  Wink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Yeah I think we should take a break about talking football...I made this awesome meat loaf last night. Check this out! All I had to do to add a unique flavor was add grape jam and cocktail sauce to the onion, peppers and mushrooms I already added to the meat. I also threw some cheese in it, it was delicious! I'll post back later for my top secret recipe of chicken thigh marination!
    Posted by mthurl

I want those recipes.  Meat loaf is a major food group in and of itself.  I am of the firm conviction that if the Pats as a team had eaten more of it the Giants wouldn't have stood a chance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: ANOTHER stupid/useless/unneeded thread : Now I'm starting to understand the "hurl" part of mthurl.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

What? It was good! I'm telling you the cocktail sauce adds a hint of garlic and some kick and the jam adds this sweetness to it...it works better than our running game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: ANOTHER stupid/useless/unneeded thread : I want those recipes.  Meat loaf is a major food group in and of itself.  I am of the firm conviction that if the Pats as a team had eaten more of it the Giants wouldn't have stood a chance.
    Posted by ATJ

Ok, I'll give you another tasty nugget! This a marinade masterpiece (use it on steak tips). One bottle of ken's Italian dressing, one can of coke and 2 cups of ketchup (you can substitute it with bbq sauce). Mix ingredients together and marinade 24 hours.

Don't laugh it's good and better than our cover two defense.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

You know, hurl, had you been the Sox clubhouse chef, I don't think we'd be talking about the collapse last season.

For pancakes, replace half of the dry ingredients with uncooked, instant oatmeal. It cooks the oatmeal in the pan, and you're left with something much tastier than your regular, boring pancakes, and you can convince your wife or girlfriends that it's actually nutritious too!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Posted by mthurl

The grape jam kind of freaks me out (i don't like it to begin with), but I like the concept.

I love meat loaf, especially with lots of onions. I like putting enough onions that it ends up looking like a porcupine heading into the oven.

Do you forego the top ketchup layer? I like that part when it's all dried out and the meat is crispy around the edges...mmmmmm. And cheese, yes, lots of cheese....different varieties too.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: ANOTHER stupid/useless/unneeded thread : What? It was good! I'm telling you the cocktail sauce adds a hint of garlic and some kick and the jam adds this sweetness to it...it works better than our running game.
    Posted by mthurl

Hey, maybe we should start a poll . . . which is better?

• Grape Jelly and Cocktail Sauce mixed together in meatloaf
    • Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead mixed together in the backfield

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts