Another thought for this off-season..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Another thought for this off-season..

So I know Faulk is getting up there in age and if i'm not mistaken he's going to be a free agent this off-season.  I know they'll have to replace him sooner or later and we all know how valuable he is to this offense (getting first downs, etc.).

Peyton Hillis.  He's a FB/HB for the Broncos.  Last year Shanahan said he had the best hands of anyone on the Broncos team (including Marshall, Royal, etc.), which is something pretty good coming from that guy.  He hasn't really been used since McDaniels has been there, but he's an incredible talent when used properly. 
    I might be a little biased about the guy, but I think he's great catching passes out of the backfield and running the ball 5-12 times a game. 

I got to see him play in person in Middle School, Jr. High, High School, College, and when the Broncos were at Foxboro last season.  He played for the Arkansas Razorbacks, behind McFadden and Felix Jones.  He was originally recruited as a HB, but had to change to FB due to those two guys coming in.  

Shanahan used him a good amount catching passes and even lined him up in the slot to create mismatches with LB's and safeties.  Not quite sure how big he is, but he's quick and has great hands and has a good instinct for knowing where to be/where to go.  He would be a VERY cheap option if the Pats would want to take a look at the guy, probably a 7th rounder or something would be traded for him.  

Anyone else have opinions on him or other guys that could possibly be a replacement for Faulk when the dreaded day comes when he has to be replaced?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Re: Another thought for this off-season..

Ya know Ive seen him play too and really like his game. Thats a decent comparrison and could be a good replacment, sux but we need to start and think about these things. Faulk pretty much has always been a 3rd down back, I think Hillis might be able to be a 2 down guy were he is IMHO a better pure running back. I hate saying it, but I think its true. Good job, I also like Hightower from zona, it seems people either love/hate, I think hes a decent player and good give us some much needed points.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

They'll use the draft to replace him.  As of right now, he's still playing very well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Hillis is 6'1" 250lbs and he doesnt look too quick or agile.  Ive never seen him play though so Im just basing that on appearences, he seems to have a sizeable gut for a running back.

Sections
Shortcuts