Another Trade possibility to consider...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Another Trade possibility to consider...

deman3392...I agree we might trade it also but I think it has to be to a team that has tons of picks to work with in 2010... teams are not going to want to part with their picks in the first three rounds if they have 3 or 4 picks. Cleveland has 6 picks however in the first three rounds (4 in 3rd) and could throw in a 5th where they have 3 and it helps them next year and helps us this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Another Trade possibility to consider...: Nobody wants Maroney. He is untradeable. As for trading up, Spiller is going in the top ten, maybe as high as 6. It will take more than a simple "and we will throw in a 2" to get him. The Jests have a history of paying the price to move up for the guy they want...BB likes to keep his picks. The Spiller deal requires a minimum of number one swaps plus next year's number one, or adding at least a 2 and a 4 in lieu of next year's one. This assumes the Pats are totally sold on this Spiller guy.
    Reiss was quoted in a chat yesterday saying this to a question about Belichicks devotion to Maroney at this point... "The draft could always lead to a change at RB, but I do think Bill Belichick still has confidence in Maroney. At the same time, I'm of the belief that a change of scenery is probably best for Maroney. As for keeping older players, the combo of Faulk, Morris and Taylor is about $4 million in base salary this year. Not too bad for three players. In terms of the injuries, I see what you are saying, but I could see all 3 still being effective in their roles." I Like Reiss for many reasons but I have said all along Maroney is a huge chip to have and he is tradeable. At the same time if he is kept and runs behind Crumpler he is bound to get better YPC. He's no Chris Johnson but Chris said he loved running with Crumpler because he knew he was going to have 5 yards to get up to speed and see the lanes develop with out anyone touching him.  Now here is the question... What would it take for you (Or what you think it would take for the Patriots if you rather) to be offered to trade him? Now for me to trade him it would have to be a draft day deal based on one thing... our getting CJ Spiller or Ryan Mathews and maybe Best, but Bests concussion issues worry me long term. Then the question becomes what do you want from him? I say a 3rd round pick at least.  So lets say the Patriots get Spiller at 10 or 11 after trading #22 and #44 to Jags or Denver to move up and then trade Maroney to the Eagles for pick #70 or #87.  Or the same deal but you draft Best at #44 or Mathews at #22. I would do those deals in a heart beat for either of those 3rd rounders considering you just added one of the top 3 RB's that will be pro bowl contenders throughout their careers and you added a pick in the 3rd round to draft a solid guy or you use it for Olsen or Branch if that is what you want to do. Wow this is pretty detailed as I look back over it but I think it needed to be... so here is another post to ponder.
    Posted by DaBlade

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Another Trade possibility to consider...: Unfortunately, dumb dumb Mangini does not run the show anymore in Cleveland. Will be tougher to rip them off. Wait a minute, Brady Quinn for a 6.....yeah, let's call Cleveland.
    deman3392...I agree we might trade it also but I think it has to be to a team that has tons of picks to work with in 2010... teams are not going to want to part with their picks in the first three rounds if they have 3 or 4 picks. Cleveland has 6 picks however in the first three rounds (4 in 3rd) and could throw in a 5th where they have 3 and it helps them next year and helps us this year.
    Posted by DaBlade