Another WR trade suggestion...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Re: Another WR trade suggestion...

I did bring Smith up in an earlier post.....he is unhappy in Carolina right now and is still a very productive player.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ac3boogi3. Show Ac3boogi3's posts

the guys good..but always injured...if its not one thing its another with him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Fitzy is also not happy in Arizona......  ;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

we dont need these guys. part of this trade was to open things up for the young players like the TE's, edelman, tate, and price (should come off the practice squad soon). we dont need another me-first receiver.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

All the folks mentioned are first class divas. Something we do not need in a young lockeroom.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Reche Caldwell  :0

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

In Response to Re: Another WR trade suggestion...:
    we dont need these guys. part of this trade was to open things up for the young players like the TE's, edelman, tate, and price (should come off the practice squad soon). we dont need another me-first receiver.
    Posted by artielang

Price isn't on the practice squad. He is on the 53 man roster. He just hasn't been active yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

How about they may resign that stud Rod Owens that lit up preseason...
    Posted by patsfan76

Don't you think he would have been picked up by now if he was any good?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

Steve Smith is not a bad suggestion.  He has two years left on his contract and is a good receiver.  He basically pleaded with the Panthers to bring in another receiver to go opposite him.  He even claimed he would be fine with being the #2 receiver.  That being said, he is currently injured and may be out two weeks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Another WR trade suggestion...:
    I'm actually not a Patriots fan (Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, yes, not Patriots),
    Posted by redsoxu571

How can this be?

I've never heard of this before.

(incidentally, I think you're right. I think there's another move behind this one)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxu571. Show redsoxu571's posts

In Response to Another WR trade suggestion... : How can this be? I've never heard of this before. (incidentally, I think you're right. I think there's another move behind this one)
    Posted by p-mike

Hehe, as I kid I just didn't like that they went by "New England" instead of "Boston" (even though I have lived in CT almost all my life, go figure). Strange, but true.

For those of you who think Smith is a diva, what makes you so sure of that? He's been stuck with terrible, terrible QBs his whole career (Delhomme only ever looked good because Smith was so good). According to scouts, he gives max effort no matter the situation, even this year. There's nothing diva about sighing and shrugging visibily after your QB overthrows your wide-open self for the fifth time in a game. By the way, there's a reason Smith has been willing to stick with a mediocre franchise for so long...

It reminds me even more of Corey Dillon's situation because of that...people thought he was a bit of a malcontent by the end of his Bengal career, but he was really just sick of losing...lots and lots of losing. As soon as he arrived in NE, people realized this, and look how it turned out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Huh?? When I first heard this trade, as a rumor, I thought, well, OK, the Pats need a pass rusher. Maybe the Vikings have an expendable linebacker or defensive end who can upgrade the Pats D.

Then I hear: for a third round draft choice? Randy Moss? An All-Pro Receiver? A third rounder . . . ah, am I really reading this??

My huh? has morphed into a Homeric, 'Duh!'

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Let's pick up Vincent Jackson for a few of the draft choices - He is young fast and good!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I like Chambers and Evans. Guys like that.  fairly inexpensive and solid WRs. maybe Berrian will be out in Minny.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In my opinion the reason why Moss was traded away was because Tom's attention was focused on getting the ball to Randy as much as he could. Also the long ball isn't Brady's forte! All that being said Randy blowing up at halftime and being disruptive towards Bill O'Brien may have expedited Randy's trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i'd like to see how the guys we have now do before we start talking about who we need to get.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

If i were going to trade right now it would only be for Larry Fitzgerald. If not we'll get someone in the 2011 draft

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Give Randy his due.  He played hard most of the time he was here.  Gave us three good years.  It probably is a better deal for the vikings than us, because the vikings have a good defense.  I think it was probably time for randy to move on because of things that were said, etc.  With or without Randy, we will only be a superbowl contender if our defense gets better, which I believe is starting to happen.  It also allows the other receivers to get more playing time, and I believe our offense may actually become better.  As other people have mentioned we will get back to the offense that won us championships.  We may have found a running game, and if Woodhead continues to play like he has I think even Kevin Faulk will be pleased.  If you look at all the teams this year, nobody has really been dominant.  Whoever is playing at their best in December will be in the superbowl. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

steve smith is a baller for sure...but injured tons. We need a healthy young athlete who can play....

However, we need a pass rusher first....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Give Randy his due.  He played hard most of the time he was here.  Gave us three good years. Posted by brazilnut

yes, i agree

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

Let's just wait for the draft get Julio Jones or AJ Green

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklynDR. Show FranklynDR's posts

If the Pats make a trade it should be for a running back, a pass rusher (DE probably), or an offensive lineman, not a WR. They could give the money to Mankins even.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Let's just wait for the draft get Julio Jones or AJ Green
    Posted by patriotzking18

Hankerson

Sections
Shortcuts