Anquan Boldin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Re: Anquan Boldin

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

With the exception of Bethal Johnson which was out of left field I have no problem with BB's decisions on WR's. Chad Jackson did not work out but it's been already said by everyone that he seemed the part.

I would say his problem may be in his evaluation of the positions value more than the WR's themselves. They had not taken a WR higher than the mid to late 3rd rd since Chad Jackson.

I think every other WR taken was a 3rd rounder or later. Go look at the league and tell me how many WR's drafted that late are doing much of anyhting. "much of anything" to Pats fans would mean he's some sort of stud because let's face it that is exactly what every one is complaining about.

BB is probably waiting a round too late on the position. The stat leader board for WR's is littered with 1st and 2nd rounders. ROunding out the top 40 this past year are rare guys who slipped through the scouting cracks obviously.

brian hartline 4th round 2009

wes welker FA 

brandon marshall 4th round 2006

steve johnson 7th rd 2006

victor cruz FA

marques colston 7th rd 2006 (TE turned WR)

lance moore FA

erick decker 3rd rd 2010

mike williams 4th rd (major character red flags)

Miles Austin FA

brandon lloyd 4th rd 2003

T.Y. hilton 3rd Rd 2012

Mike Wallace 3rd rd 2009

jeremy kerley 5th rd 2011

A single WR spread out here or there over many years by teams getting lucky on a guy in the 4th- FA Rd's(areas)

I think the combination of picking at the end of rounds in combination with how BB values the importance of the position has been more of the problem.

I'm honestly more worried about all the missed picks on DB's. My opinion is that you can win the superbowl with average to good receivers  but you absolutely need top DB's

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

You need a top pass rush which actually make your "top DBs" appear better than they are. Continuity and a pass rush.

There were at least 4 draft picks which could have been used on pass rushers instead they were used on bad DB's. The money used the sign these 4 bad DB's could have been used to sign 1 veteran pass rusher at least. If BB needs help he should get it it's been 8 years come on now let's get realistic. Even the best need help an example of this is Brady and the running game 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Didn't the Pats want Decker in the draft?  I think he got taken, and they had to settle for Price.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to titletownfan's comment:

Didn't the Pats want Decker in the draft?  I think he got taken, and they had to settle for Price.

Well this sucks haha, it's ok though we have plenty of offensive weapons and enough to win a SB. Does anyone have a solid answers as to why Price was cut?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

You need a top pass rush which actually make your "top DBs" appear better than they are. Continuity and a pass rush.

There were at least 4 draft picks which could have been used on pass rushers instead they were used on bad DB's. The money used the sign these 4 bad DB's could have been used to sign 1 veteran pass rusher at least. If BB needs help he should get it it's been 8 years come on now let's get realistic. Even the best need help an example of this is Brady and the running game 

BB wants his top draft picks to be run stoppers as well as just a guy who rushes the passer. We've seen many a one trick pony pass rusher in college be a bust in the pros.

This would be a fair enough point if he'd actually drafted someone like this recently, Jones may be one but that is still yet to be seen (I think he will be). He didn't, instead he drafted people like Brandon Meriweather, Terrence Wheatley and Darius Butler. Ras-I Dowling is looking very likely to join this group although i'm praying he doesn't. Once again it doesn't make him a bad coach if he can't draft DBs he just needs to realise this. Even McCourty isn't a number 1 CB he's looking like an excellent safety but he was only a good CB during his rookie season and that went away never to be found again

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

BB wants his top draft picks to be run stoppers as well as just a guy who rushes the passer. We've seen many a one trick pony pass rusher in college be a bust in the pros.

This would be a fair enough point if he'd actually drafted someone like this recently, Jones may be one but that is still yet to be seen (I think he will be). He didn't, instead he drafted people like Brandon Meriweather, Terrence Wheatley and Darius Butler. Ras-I Dowling is looking very likely to join this group although i'm praying he doesn't. Once again it doesn't make him a bad coach if he can't draft DBs he just needs to realise this. Even McCourty isn't a number 1 CB he's looking like an excellent safety but he was only a good CB during his rookie season and that went away never to be found again

BB had a veteran club and didn't need a pass rusher in 2007 when he dealt Meriweather. Harrison was in his last year in 2007.

There was far too much discombobulation in the secondary in 2011 off the lockout. Lots of moving parts.

McCourty is the real deal.

You sound ridiculous telling BB "you can't draft".   Would you actually say that to his face?

I would you know because I feel that it's the truth and this applies only to WRs and DBs he can draft well at every other position. I mean it's clear you'd tell Brady his faults so what's the big difference there. If truths need to be told they should be told whether the person in question takes it well is his problem. McCourty may be the real deal at safety but he was really getting torched at CB if he was a no 1 corner he'd be our no 1 corner.