Antoine Cason

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Antoine Cason

The Dolphins have reportedly "cooled" on free agent CB Antoine Cason.

The free-spending Dolphins haven't shown much urgency at all at the cornerback position. Perhaps they have someone like Cary Williams in mind, or maybe they'll address the position in the draft. Cason has drawn a lot of interest, but his only known visit was with the Cardinals.

Cason was regarded as one of the best cornerbacks available in the 2008 NFL draft,and was projected a mid-to-late first round pick by Sports Illustrated] He was eventually selected in the late first round (27th overall) by the San Diego Chargers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Antoine Cason

Given the market for corners right now I'd like to think the Pats could pick up 2 outside guys.  I think (hope) Talib will be one of them.  Cason is definitely one that I would consider as the other.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Good cover, not great but would be a good #2 CB. Wouldn't mind him on the team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I always thought that had not Sheriff Goodell took away one of tha Pats 1st round picks, Cason would have been a Patriot in '08.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Eric Edholm      

@Eric_Edholm

Free-agent CB Antoine Cason figures to find landing spot soon. Teams showing most interest: #Jaguars, #Browns, #Panthers, #Patriots.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Me want him!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Eric Edholm      

@Eric_Edholm

Free-agent CB Antoine Cason figures to find landing spot soon. Teams showing most interest: #Jaguars, #Browns, #Panthers, #Patriots.

did the Phins back off?? last i heard they were going after him hard....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Eric Edholm      

@Eric_Edholm

Go ask on a Dolphins forum. This is a Patriots forum. Thanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Eric Edholm      

@Eric_Edholm

finally some news of interest in a CB!....but who's eric edholm?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Talib, Cason, a SS, along with a DT, and a situational pass-rusher would satisfy my wants for this defense. Then focus on adding another talented CB and some WRs via the draft. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

Eric Edholm      

@Eric_Edholm

Go ask on a Dolphins forum. This is a Patriots forum. Thanks.

is that really what this place is??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

Eric Edholm      

@Eric_Edholm

Senior writer for Pro Football Weekly

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jason La Canfora         Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

CB Antoine Cason completed his visit to AZ. Cards need to create some space (ie Kolb) before they make another move. Other teams interested

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Talib, Cason, a SS, along with a DT, and a situational pass-rusher would satisfy my wants for this defense. Then focus on adding another talented CB and some WRs via the draft. 

trust me you don't want the Pats drafting CB's and WRs in the draft.

Top 5 WR's the Pats have drafted under BB:

1) Branch

2) Givens

3) Edelman

4) Tate

5) Jackson/Johnson

The CB's don't look much better with Samuel, Dennard, Gay, McCourty, and Arrington as the top 5

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

1) Branch

2) Givens

3) Edelman

4) Tate

5) Jackson/Johnson

The CB's don't look much better with Samuel, Dennard, Gay, McCourty, and Arrington as the top 5

What was wrong with Branch and Givens? Superbowls... and a SB MVP, uncoverable in his prime here.

Edelman was just a developmental player because he is an amazing athlete. All purpose type guy. Tate was drafted as much as a returner and all purpose guy than anything else. Played minimal true WR in college. Jackson, well it happens, we all liked Jackson coming out. Bethal I have no apology for BB on that one. No idea.

BB did not draft Gay or Arrington. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

Eric Edholm      

@Eric_Edholm

Senior writer for Pro Football Weekly

thanks Rock

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

1) Branch

2) Givens

3) Edelman

4) Tate

5) Jackson/Johnson

What was wrong with Branch and Givens? Superbowls... and a SB MVP, uncoverable in his prime here.

Edelman was just a developmental player because he is an amazing athlete. All purpose type guy. Tate was drafted as much as a returner and all purpose guy than anything else. Played minimal true WR in college. Jackson, well it happens, we all liked Jackson coming out. Bethal I have no apology for BB on that one. No idea.

You see that list and you say what is wrong with Branch and Givens? After 13 years those being your top two WRs drafted and you don't see anything wrong with the drafting? Branch and Givens are nice pieces but nether are #1 WR's and Givens was barely a #2. Without Brady nether did anything it was Brady that made them. Even with Brady you think he'd could make any WR you drafted better but there was just so bad even he couldn't. You should be able to get at least 1 top end WR in 13 years. It should speak volumes that Edelman a QB convert project is the 3rd best drafted.

As for the CB's I included Gay and Arrington because it was to saddening to put Bulter and Wheatly as the other top CBs drafted in 13 years

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Eric Edholm      

@Eric_Edholm

Three of those teams are losers and the Pats are not one of them!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree. Bb doesn't have the best track record drafting db's nor wr's. he is almost cant miss in the trenches. That is why it is a good idea as I said before to reload in the secondary this year via FA, and use the draft for DL, OL, and perhaps. WR if one drops that can play the perimeter for us and we can give time to develop. Heck, given bb is good t drafting TE and his love for the position , maybe we should get eifert.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Cason would make a great Arrington replacement

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

1) Branch

2) Givens

3) Edelman

4) Tate

5) Jackson/Johnson

Really? He played great in the super bowls but he was not Jerry Rice

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

He is a restricted free agent

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

nvm then. i don;t like him THAT much

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/0ap1000000138649/article/2013-nfl-free-agency-unofficial-list-of-2013-nfl-free-agents

Has him unrestricted

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/0ap1000000138649/article/2013-nfl-free-agency-unofficial-list-of-2013-nfl-free-agents

Has him unrestricted

forget what i just said then LOL