Antoine Cason

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Antoine Cason

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Cason would make a great Arrington replacement

That's what I was thinking great #3 CB but not exactly the LCB. If we can get Talib and Cason I'll be happy with that combo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yeah me too. Plus, Cason could fill in more effectively on either side should Dennard or Talib miss time. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

More effectively than Arrington is what I meant.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

Talib, Cason, a SS, along with a DT, and a situational pass-rusher would satisfy my wants for this defense. Then focus on adding another talented CB and some WRs via the draft. 

trust me you don't want the Pats drafting CB's and WRs in the draft.

Top 5 WR's the Pats have drafted under BB:

1) Branch

2) Givens

3) Edelman

4) Tate

5) Jackson/Johnson

The CB's don't look much better with Samuel, Dennard, Gay, McCourty, and Arrington as the top 5

What was wrong with Branch and Givens? Superbowls... and a SB MVP, uncoverable in his prime here.

Edelman was just a developmental player because he is an amazing athlete. All purpose type guy. Tate was drafted as much as a returner and all purpose guy than anything else. Played minimal true WR in college. Jackson, well it happens, we all liked Jackson coming out. Bethal I have no apology for BB on that one. No idea.

BB did not draft Gay or Arrington. 

Really? He played great in the super bowls but he was not Jerry Rice

yes really. Different player types. Welker is not Jerry Rice either but pretty much just as uncoverable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

Talib, Cason, a SS, along with a DT, and a situational pass-rusher would satisfy my wants for this defense. Then focus on adding another talented CB and some WRs via the draft. 

trust me you don't want the Pats drafting CB's and WRs in the draft.

Top 5 WR's the Pats have drafted under BB:

1) Branch

2) Givens

3) Edelman

4) Tate

5) Jackson/Johnson

The CB's don't look much better with Samuel, Dennard, Gay, McCourty, and Arrington as the top 5

What was wrong with Branch and Givens? Superbowls... and a SB MVP, uncoverable in his prime here.

Edelman was just a developmental player because he is an amazing athlete. All purpose type guy. Tate was drafted as much as a returner and all purpose guy than anything else. Played minimal true WR in college. Jackson, well it happens, we all liked Jackson coming out. Bethal I have no apology for BB on that one. No idea.

BB did not draft Gay or Arrington. 

You see that list and you say what is wrong with Branch and Givens? After 13 years those being your top two WRs drafted and you don't see anything wrong with the drafting? Branch and Givens are nice pieces but nether are #1 WR's and Givens was barely a #2. Without Brady nether did anything it was Brady that made them. Even with Brady you think he'd could make any WR you drafted better but there was just so bad even he couldn't. You should be able to get at least 1 top end WR in 13 years. It should speak volumes that Edelman a QB convert project is the 3rd best drafted.

As for the CB's I included Gay and Arrington because it was to saddening to put Bulter and Wheatly as the other top CBs drafted in 13 years

What? Why? because he was a low draft pick? He was just shy of 60 receptions each of his his last two seasons with the pats. Guys like Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks etc are only getting that last year for example. Are those two guys barely #2's?

..and yet Brady hasn't won a superbowl without them. ..and before you say they have not won one without Brady, remember I am not the one saying someone made the other. Brady was like a whiny lil girl pining on and on and on over Branch leaving when he left. So much so that they eventually had to bring him back for him even though he was old and slower. Branch was an injury mess for three years after leaving NE. That has nothing to do with his ability. Even with that said, in his 1st season with the hawks he had only 1 less TD than his best season with TB. He also had a higher yard per catch avg than 3 out of the 4 years he was with TB. I would say he was the same cat as he always was, including never playing a full season.

Givens tore his knee that eneded his career 5 games into the season with his new team. We have no idea what he would have accomplished.

But MOST importantly the Patriots used their draft pick currency to get Wes Welker AND Randy Moss. N one will ever come up with an argument of how they are not the same as a draft pick. The patriots used draft pick currency to acquire them. They woud probably be 1, 2 on the list.

I do not look at the Pats drafting performance in a vacuum. Compared to how most other teams have fared drafting CB's and WR's in the "same" rounds and years as the Pats I have no problem with them. If you go loooking through all the draft hsitory it's pretty ugly league wide. There is the occasional hit, a bunch of Jag's and plenty of never even made it's.

I would had put Hobbs higher on that list than Arrington, and if you were going to add FA types, Bodden played better than a few of those guys prior to injury as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Cardinals agree to terms with CB Antoine Cason. 1-yr deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

did I read it was only $2mil and we paid 4/16 for Arrington?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Cardinals agreed to terms with CB Antoine Cason, formerly of the Chargers, on a one-year contract.

The deal is reportedly worth $2 million, plus incentives. Long and lean at 6-foot-1, 195 pounds, Cason is a good fit for DC Todd Bowles' preferred press coverage. Although he's started each of the past three seasons, Cason could be coming to town as the Cardinals' No. 3 corner after they gave Jerraud Powers a three-year, $10.5 million deal. His size could land him on the outside, however, with Powers guarding the slot. Cason is coming off a year where he notched 73 tackles, two interceptions and two forced fumbles, but graded out as the sixth worst cornerback in Pro Football Focus' ratings.

Source: rotoworld

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I couldn't help but wonder about that as well, but obviously BB has a higher opinion of Kyle at nickel back then some here...I'm on the fence. I distinctly remember seeing him burned quite a few times, but also making good plays.....just like most cb's that is.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

inthe dictionary under assinine.

Sections
Shortcuts