Antoine Winfield Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Antoine Winfield Released

Per Schefter.  Is this guy still any good?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Antoine Winfield Released

I liked him when he was in Minny! Dude was like an extra linebacker the way he tackled. I would say he probably doesnt have much left in terms of being a starter but Im sure BB could use his skillset, maybe at S at this poin?t, but he is also only 5' 9" and so who knows if he would hold up full time at S but could be a dime back/safety and could be a # 2 if we have Talib back. He hasnt really played the slot so not sure if thats an option. I would bring him in, I just didnt get to see much of him last year but I always liked his game but remember he is an old head. he started back in Buffalo!

I would rather look Cedric Griffin who is a similar player but younger and more likely to also be able to play some safety here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

at his age at this point... he'd be decent depth but I see him retiring

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Depth guys have to play special teams and I do not see him wanting to do that at his age!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This seems to suggest he might have something left in the tank.  At the very least he could replace Arrington if he walks.  I can't believe he would command that much money given his age.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/vikings-release-cornerback-antoine-winfield-coaches-very-unhappy-185810551--nfl.html;_ylt=Aq4Ay9SNqnrNZHfoT1FDmNkLcykA;_ylu=X3oDMTFoZnA0Y2I3BG1pdANCbG9nIEluZGV4IGJ5IEF1dGhvcgRwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCbG9nSW5kZXg-;_ylg=X3oDMTFrODdzYXZuBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANhdXRob3IEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrockon. Show patsrockon's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I live in Minny,  he's been my favorite Viking and had a great year last year. The biggest little man in the game by far. Would love him for 1-2 years as a Pat!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I didnt see him much last year cuz I didnt catch many Vikes game but if he still wants to play , like I said, I would def. give him a look. I just dont know what type of contracts  these older guys want. If he is at the 1 yr/1m range, I would take him in a minute. The problem is these guys think they can still get money and will hold out for it, even though I dont think most will get it because of how many guys out there, but I want the Pats to try and sign as many CBs as possible. Every year we THINK we have depth only for it to look different come september with cuts and injuries.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Always liked Winfield.  Think he'd be a good fit depending on his asking price.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts