Antonio Pierce In New England??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

Antonio Pierce In New England??

Whats your thoughts!?
    Just thougth i would make a discussion about the possibility.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Antonio Pierce In New England??

didnt he hurt his neck or spine?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

I say why not look into it. We need more quality players on this defense and he is that plus he would be a vocal veteran leader. This will allow Guyton to be a super-sub 3rd ILB/OLB and personally I'd rather he play outside so they can take advantage of his speed (if not mistaken he ran the fastest 40 at the combine when he was there). Lets not forget about T. McKenzie. He missed all of last year but I know BB was high on him and I have a feeling he can be an adequate 3rd ILB ths year. That would free up Guyton to focus on OLB, and incase of injuries, he can shift back to ILB having played there already. I would love for us to sign J.Taylor and draft an OLB with one of our top 2 picks. Re-sign TBC and I think our LB corps will be very solid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

Mayo and Pierce at ILB, Taylor and TBC/Guyton at OLB. McKenzie primary ILB sub, high draft choice at primary OLB sub(on pass rushing situation). We would also have E. Alexander, P.Woods and S.Crable for depth. Doesn't sound too bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I say nope.........Bad neck ...means bad idea..............

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It would seem the polls are split as to which way the Patriots will draft in the first round,most of the Mocks have them choosing an OLB/DE with varying choices of players like Hughes,Graham and Kindle...One brave Mock draft writer had the Patriots using all 4 early picks on offense with them selecting an OT,2RB's and a TE. I'm not so sure what they will draft, but I can't see BB who is now the defacto DC also drafting solely offensive players. I would love to see them make a move up into the top 10 simply because they need the best DB they can get and Joe Haden won't be available after the 7th pick in the draft. The only other DB worth taking in the first round is Kyle Wilson the kid from Boise State.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

If his injury to his neck is ok then I would do it for the right price. I think parring him with Mayo would be a good idea and you could use him for 2-3 downs or keep him fresh with Guyton subbing him on passing downs.  He is a high character guy/strong locker room presence which would be good on this defense.

Neck injury would have to be 100% ok though!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

They need a beast inside to play beside Mayo. It should be their first priority in the draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

TBC is signed already. He was released/cut during the season and then given a deal. I believe it was either 2 or 3 years.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Knowing nothing of the Rams LB situation, I could see Pierce reuniting with Spagnuolo in STL.  Pierce was Spagnuolo's QB on defense in NY and he seemed to really trust and rely on Antonio.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Formerly productive LB's with neck vertebrae injuries?  Why else would he be released so quickly?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Michael Lombardi of NFL network said part of the reason for the release is he's slow.  The D was not fast enough with him in it.  He would bring leadership and winning attitude but would take a roster spot that is needed.

I say no on him, would say hell yeah to bring Karlos Dansby.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Antonio Pierce In New England??:
    Formerly productive LB's with neck vertebrae injuries?  Why else would he be released so quickly?
    Posted by krismk

I agree with krismk,  There is a reason why he was cut so quickly and I don't think it has anything to do with taking Plax's unregistered gun across state lines in order to cover up a crime.  If the Giant organization had any hint of morals he never would of played at all last year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

If the Giant organization had any hint of morals he never would of played at all last year.

Yeah, Tom Coughlin really needs to tighten up the rules around there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Jack

@$$

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Nope - we don't want a broken ILB at this point. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

If the alternative is another year with the overrated Guyton, yes then lets have him! At least he can contribute with some leadership.

How come some of you all talk about Guyton as OLB? He is not strong enough for that - and personally I dont think he has the talent to develop. We need two quality OLB´s. And TBC and Guyton are not in that category! Give me Taylor, Peppers and a sack freak from the draft.

Sections
Shortcuts