Antonio Smith backpedals off his ridiculous spy comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Antonio Smith backpedals off his ridiculous spy comments

What a tool! I hope the league reached out to him, but I doubt it. I found his last comment (bold below) hilarious about how the whole country loves the Pats! LOL It is the exact opposite the whole country is a bunch of haters!

Antonio Smith: Claims not serious

HOUSTON -- Antonio Smith said Monday that his comments about being suspicious of the New England Patriots' knowledge of the Texans' defense were taken more seriously than he intended. 

"Though it may be something I was curious about that kind of didn't seem right, like, 'How all of a sudden the change here?', it wasn't a serious matter to where I was thinking, 'Aw, man, they're spying on us, they're cheating,' things like that to the point where it gets to a big story about me accusing them of cheating," Smith said. "It's me being me."

Asked about Smith's comments during his news conference Monday, Texans coach Gary Kubiak began shaking his head while the reporter finished his question.

"I have the utmost respect for their organization, their players, their coaches, their head coach and the standard that they've been setting for a long, long time in this league," Kubiak said. "So, you know, they did a great job yesterday and have been doing it a long time."

On Sunday after the Texans' 34-31 loss to the Patriots, Smith said he found it "very suspicious" that the Patriots' offense seemed to know about new defensive wrinkles the Texans had added last week. He said his suspicion stemmed from the fact that the Patriots seemed to know those changes were coming before seeing them on the field despite the fact that the Texans had never used them in a previous game.

"Either they were spying on us or scouting us," Smith said.

The attention his comments received surprised Smith. He said his teammates teased him about it. He said he didn't think about his comments after saying them until Monday morning when "everybody wanted to kill me on Instagram."

Told spying is a sensitive word when used about the Patriots, Smith said he realizes that now.

"I'm sorry I said the word spying because of a prior engagement of them being caught spying before," Smith said. " ... It don't matter to me. Those are the battles, those types of battles are between coaches. Schemes and different things like [that, it's] between coaches. My battle is trying to figure out how to beat the guy in front of me."

The NFL fined Patriots coach Bill Belichick $500,000 and the team $250,000 and took away a 2008 first-round pick for videotaping the New York Jets' signals during a game on Sept. 9, 2007. Belichick called it a mistake and attributed his mistake to a misinterpretation of the rules.

"It tickles me how much the country loves the Patriots so much that they take everything so seriously," Smith said. "I don't know what to say about it. I guess no media is bad media; thank you for getting me on ESPN for taking Tonestradamus' word and his soothsayer abilities to new heights. I don't know what else to say about it."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10070974/houston-texans-antonio-smith-says-comments-new-england-patriots-not-serious-matter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Antonio Smith backpedals off his ridiculous spy comments

Yeah I saw that.  He's a big jokester.   HaHAHA.  Trouble was everyone claimed he was a first class idiot.

The way he was talking ,  it looked to me like it was the texans who thought they knew Patriots signals and then got screwed....lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

The man is very intelligent.  Who else would use the phrase "prior engagement" in a sentence the way he did.  No wonder the Texans are losing.  Do you think Smith even understood the Texans game plan?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

The man is very intelligent.  Who else would use the phrase "prior engagement" in a sentence the way he did.  No wonder the Texans are losing.  Do you think Smith even understood the Texans game plan?

He's probably been married 5-6 times so he's useto the phrase "prior engagement". Probably still trying to figure out what the phrase "halftime adjustments" means. As for "game plan" that has something to do with chess strategy, the not the Texans. LOL

Hetch  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What's more ridiculous:

A)  the statement

B)  the offense taking by Pats fans

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

He may have calmed down but hoopefully the League hasn't.

My sources tell me that a group of investigators from the NFL offices arrived at Foxboro this morning at 7AM.

Where there is smoke there is fire. I mean BB was convicted in the past of cheating so it's good to see that the League is doing it's due diligence. For the integrity of the game...of course.

If found guilty of cheating again what do you guys think?

Pull a Pete Rose on BB?-That's my vote

Fine Kraft millions? Invoke the Death penalty on the pats?-that's my second vote

What do you guys think?

The paranoia and envy you jet fans carry around regarding the patriots must be a tremendous burden.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

i guess the Jags must have been with Pats then spying on the HOU defense again! because the high flying Chad Henne led Jags O just went right down the field on HOU D again!

wonder what he'll see after this!  Lol

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Smith probably can't even spell game plan.

But I don't understand why people are getting so worked up over this, everyone is laughing at Smith for the comments.  They should drug test the guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"He may have calmed down but hoopefully the League hasn't.

My sources tell me that a group of investigators from the NFL offices arrived at Foxboro this morning at 7AM."

Your sources being your overly active imagination. Nice try. 

"Where there is smoke there is fire" - perhaps but there is no smoke, except whatever you are smoking.

I give Antonio Smith credit for backing off and admitting his respect for the Pats organization.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

He may have calmed down but hoopefully the League hasn't.

My sources tell me that a group of investigators from the NFL offices arrived at Foxboro this morning at 7AM.

Where there is smoke there is fire. I mean BB was convicted in the past of cheating so it's good to see that the League is doing it's due diligence. For the integrity of the game...of course.

If found guilty of cheating again what do you guys think?

Pull a Pete Rose on BB?-That's my vote

Fine Kraft millions? Invoke the Death penalty on the pats?-that's my second vote

What do you guys think?

You are a sad, sad person.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I heard Smith is now accusing the Pats of sending the Jags some inside info they needed to beat the vaunted Texans. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sections
Shortcuts