Any chance Julius Peppers becomes a Pat?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from s-splinter407. Show s-splinter407's posts

Any chance Julius Peppers becomes a Pat?

Is there any possiblity that BB has a plan to get JP?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Re: Any chance Julius Peppers becomes a Pat?

While  I would love to see Peppers here, and I feel the defense could use him I don't think the Pat's salary cap as currently constituted can take the hit. Plus I am not sure at this point how the Seymour to Oakland ( not reporting) is going to play out and the possible ramifications to Pats and the trade!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

There's always a chance but I can't see the Pats paying him more than Tommy's gettting, which is what he's making now.
    I'd rather see them get wilfork signed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Concerned84041. Show Concerned84041's posts

No

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Wouldn't be shocked but I think it would go against what they wanted to accomplish by moving on from Seymour.  (Salary cap space to resign Wilfork and Mankins notably). And I think with them playing more 4-3 this season they will be fine with guys like Pryor, Brace and Banta Cain picking up the slack.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhwynter. Show nhwynter's posts

In Response to Any chance Julius Peppers becomes a Pat?:
    [QUOTE]Is there any possiblity that BB has a plan to get JP?
    Posted by bsoxfann[/QUOTE]

The short answer is "NO." And its not because I dislike Peppers because I don't.  However, the Pats are clearly going with the 4-3 this year since they don't have the ILBs to run the 3-4. But there is an even bigger reason.  Peppers signed the Franchise Tender.  And the time frame for redoing that contract has passed.  So, Peppers is guranteed 17 million this year.  The Pats would have to clear another 12-13 million so they could get Peppers and then they'd have to wait until the expiration of the contract to re-sign him..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

doubt it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Don't think so....anyone know how many spots we have open on the practice squad and active roster?....Also, what's the latest on the salary cap..how much are we under?...
    I would not rule out the Pats possibly trading again, but don't think it is for Peppers...too expensive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JordanFromMontreal. Show JordanFromMontreal's posts

We really need a real shut down corner. All The best teams have at least one big fast strong reciever if not two. Springs are Bodden, are good at best! We can use the pressure on the QB to help, but we also need playmakers!

Sections
Shortcuts