Any chance of getting Decker?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Any chance of getting Decker?

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Patriots need a legit mid to deep field receiver, Decker would  be a solid add.  Bigger and stronger then anyone else available.  Who else would you get to really fill that role?  Sanders?  No way, not big and strong enough.  Nicks, no thank you.  Boldin will be back with the 49'ers, Maclin will be back with Philly. Someone mentioned Britt??  Um, NO!

Oh, sure.. I would like Decker and Edelman, it makes zero sense in keeping both Edelman and Amendola, but that won't happen, the Pats are pretty much stuck with Amendola.  Maybe Amendola can have a good season in year 2 and take the Edelman role,    Thompkins could play more of a slot role like Edelman and Amendola played together, have Decker and Dobson on the outside.   Beautiful!!

If the Pats were able to come up with a solid, taller and stronger mid to deep receiver at the right price and spend the money in bettering the defense then I'm all for that.  But as it looks right now, there just isn't another receiver out there that will give the offense what Decker can.  The offense needs more then the receiver group they had last season. They were completely shut down when it mattered most.

[/QUOTE]

I would much rather give Britt a chance on a 1 yr, vet minimum deal than sign Decker to a multi year, 7-8 million per year deal.  And if Denver keeps Welker at his price, they are beyond stupid.  Gomer nearly got Wes killed.  He can't take too many more huge shots without sustaining permanent brain damage, and I'm not kidding.  If he has to keep trying to catch Manning floaters over the middle, the big hits will keep coming.

[/QUOTE]

Decker isn't getting any where close to $7-8. Maybe over2 years he will.

why depend on Britt when all he has done is disappoint with his maturity issues. Pats bring him in and he looks good, then what. He makes the team and in season he is in trouble again, and as a multiple offender he is out for the year? 

[/QUOTE]

All I'm saying is that I would take a risk on a talented guy like Britt for very little money before I would sign decker to big money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Great discussion everyone.  I can tell this is going to be a very active forum from now until the preseason starts.  Watching some of the combine has me excited for football to start already.  Good, clean discussions.  Awesome!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

All I'm saying is that I would take a risk on a talented guy like Britt for very little money before I would sign decker to big money.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not interested in taking risks at this point!  I want the Pats in the Super Bowl this season!  Bring in the best guys they can to get there now!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not interested in taking risks at this point!  I want the Pats in the Super Bowl this season!  Bring in the best guys they can to get there now!

[/QUOTE]

I agree, and I would sign Decker for 3-4 million per year, but I think he will get significantly more than that and I don't think he is worth it.  I want NE to spend money on DL, Starting Safety, OL, and TE before we go for a WR.  Decker would be nice, but I doubt he fits into the budget.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

Great discussion everyone.  I can tell this is going to be a very active forum from now until the preseason starts.  Watching some of the combine has me excited for football to start already.  Good, clean discussions.  Awesome!

[/QUOTE]

Yes this board is always humming. Thinking of changing my photo. Don't want to be affiliated with any one team. With no pats , bruins, or sox to watch . I'm trying to follow the combine but don't really no alot about the combine except the main guys. I can't lie I can't make an honest opinion. Me more of an NFL- NHL-MLB man. I like this board because its the most active.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Decker is OK, he's not a #1 WR. But he's going to be paid like one. Let someone else overpay the guy. Riley Cooper is basically a carbon copy of Decker, for maybe half the money. Or better yet, this is supposedly the deepest draft class for WRs in decades. Rookies cost $500K per year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Decker is OK, he's not a #1 WR. But he's going to be paid like one. Let someone else overpay the guy. Riley Cooper is basically a carbon copy of Decker, for maybe half the money. Or better yet, this is supposedly the deepest draft class for WRs in decades. Rookies cost $500K per year.

[/QUOTE]

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes this board is always humming. Thinking of changing my photo. Don't want to be affiliated with any one team. With no pats , bruins, or sox to watch . I'm trying to follow the combine but don't really no alot about the combine except the main guys. I can't lie I can't make an honest opinion. Me more of an NFL- NHL-MLB man. I like this board because its the most active.

[/QUOTE]

Why not use this for your avatar....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

If he wants #1 money there is no way the Pats get him. Between Gronk, Amendola, Hern (unfortunately) and eventually Edelman the Pats could easily have 25-30m committed to the receiving corps. If you add someone like Decker you cut one of Thompkins, Boyce, or Dobson (eg: potential and depth) and management would have to cut somebody important (Wilfork, Mankins, Vollmer) or restructure a lot of contracts (same players add Brady to the list). I don;t see this happening and the best hope is that last year's rookies can have productive 2nd seasons at a much lower cost than someone like Decker. Keeping in mind most still think that signing Edelman and Talib (incentivised contract) are the immediate priorities.

I would have to see other teams cap numbers before suggesting probable landing spots. For example, the Lions need a 2nd receiver alongside Megatron, but I have no idea what their cap situation is......my guess is they have a lot $$$ tied up in Meggie, Stafford and Suh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Decker has 3 good years with the last 2 being over 1,000 yards.  Cooper has had 1 good season at just over 800 yards.  I certainly could see Decker more of a #1 receiver then Cooper.  I don't think Cooper is a proven receiver yet.  I see Decker as a much bigger offensive threat then Cooper is.  I see Decker being a bigger field stretcher then Cooper.  

In the end, I bet $2 million per year separates these 2 players.  $2 million is a lot, but would you pay the extra $2 million on a more proven, more productive player?  Taking  him away and using him against an AFC rival.  If the Pats could make it happen for $7-$8 Million, I would be all in.  If not, I really wouldn't complain if they got Cooper at $5-$6 Million.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he wants #1 money there is no way the Pats get him. Between Gronk, Amendola, Hern (unfortunately) and eventually Edelman the Pats could easily have 25-30m committed to the receiving corps. If you add someone like Decker you cut one of Thompkins, Boyce, or Dobson (eg: potential and depth) and management would have to cut somebody important (Wilfork, Mankins, Vollmer) or restructure a lot of contracts (same players add Brady to the list). I don;t see this happening and the best hope is that last year's rookies can have productive 2nd seasons at a much lower cost than someone like Decker. Keeping in mind most still think that signing Edelman and Talib (incentivised contract) are the immediate priorities.

I would have to see other teams cap numbers before suggesting probable landing spots. For example, the Lions need a 2nd receiver alongside Megatron, but I have no idea what their cap situation is......my guess is they have a lot $$$ tied up in Meggie, Stafford and Suh.

[/QUOTE]

I know, I'm probably dreaming here with Decker.

But I don't think the Pats keep Edelman.  Use that money towards Decker.  The Pats don't need both Edelman and Amendola.  Thompkins could easily fill one of their roles and bring in a Decker or Cooper with Dobson.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Eric Decker - NO.

Brooklyn Decker - YES.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rusty, your act is getting old.  Everyone here is tired of you.  Don't go away mad, just go away. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

I think he's a product of that system. A decent #2 WR, no more. Not worth big FA money. My guess is he finds nobody willing to pay any more than he can get in Denver.

FA cash needed on other positions a lot more.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I really am hoping that Boyce takes a step next season - the guy has talent - he needs to be a part of this thing. I also think if we draft a tightend early it will add a lot to this offense, we basically played without one for much of the season. If we are going to sign a wide receiver I would rather see them go after a cheaper alternative because I believe the money should be spent on the defensive line...I'm tired of watching quarterbacks having all day to throw against us. That needs to change.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Rice from seattle would be a good vet min or incentive based prove it contract signing.  I really hope endelman stays.  If we can keep Blount that would be great too!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Anyone see this....

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/283663/report-seahawks-to-release-le-red-bryant

Could be an interesting pick-up. If its for real.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone see this....

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/283663/report-seahawks-to-release-le-red-bryant

Could be an interesting pick-up. If its for real.

[/QUOTE]

thats pretty big news and has been a big topic on here among posters since Bryant was close to sigining with us

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

The Patriots need a legit mid to deep field receiver, Decker would  be a solid add.  Bigger and stronger then anyone else available.  Who else would you get to really fill that role?  Sanders?  No way, not big and strong enough.  Nicks, no thank you.  Boldin will be back with the 49'ers, Maclin will be back with Philly. Someone mentioned Britt??  Um, NO!

Oh, sure.. I would like Decker and Edelman, it makes zero sense in keeping both Edelman and Amendola, but that won't happen, the Pats are pretty much stuck with Amendola.  Maybe Amendola can have a good season in year 2 and take the Edelman role,    Thompkins could play more of a slot role like Edelman and Amendola played together, have Decker and Dobson on the outside.   Beautiful!!

If the Pats were able to come up with a solid, taller and stronger mid to deep receiver at the right price and spend the money in bettering the defense then I'm all for that.  But as it looks right now, there just isn't another receiver out there that will give the offense what Decker can.  The offense needs more then the receiver group they had last season. They were completely shut down when it mattered most.

[/QUOTE]

Think you're confusing Decker and Thomas. Decker is none of those things, he's a possesion WR and nothing more.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Looks like the Broncos are content on letting Decker hit the open market with the possibility of losing him. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/22/elway-expects-decker-to-hit-the-market/

Do the Pats have a shot at landing this guy?  I would really like to see Decker in a Pats jersey. Look at the possibilities this would open up in the passing game.

Just for the record, it doesn't sound like the Broncos are even thinking about letting Welker go as some here indicated would be the case.

[/QUOTE]

Depends on money and if you think he is better than Edelman.

Personally, I think Edelman will come a bit cheaper due to Decker's trendy status and I'd rather have Edelman for continuity purposes, punt returner, DB in a pinch and the fact he's now a leader in the locker room. You don't believe he saves a roster spot as the 3rd emergency QB, but with him running WIldcat/Read Option Scout team work, he clearly is.

If they're letting Decker walk, that probably means they'll be overpaying your buddy Welkie at 8 million which is clearly ludicrous.

And, Denver won't be able compete for Edelman, which would have been a likely potential landing spot.

[/QUOTE]

yeah and speaking of ludicrous your buddy BB is gonna manage to lose Edelman and Welker and get Danny IR in return when all is said and done...that is some brilliant GM work

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Decker isn't a #1?  With 1288 yards and 11 td's last season.  1000+ yards and 13 td's the previous year, you don't think he is a #1?  Wow!  What would you consider a #1?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Decker isn't a #1?  With 1288 yards and 11 td's last season.  1000+ yards and 13 td's the previous year, you don't think he is a #1?  Wow!  What would you consider a #1?

[/QUOTE]

No disrespect to Dennard, but anyone Dennard can take ut of thw game as easily as he takes out Decker is not a #1.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No way Decker is a legit #1.  Good #2/possession guy, but no way a #1.  He doesn't hold a candle to Demarius.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No way Decker is a legit #1.  Good #2/possession guy, but no way a #1.  He doesn't hold a candle to Demarius.

[/QUOTE]

I agree but he will be over payed and get #1 money. I think Elway knows this and will let him walk. Decker is going to get a Mike Wallace deal(and he isn't a #1 receiver either)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you wouldn't consider Decker a #1 if he came to NE?  But in another thread Dobson is being compared to a #1?  W-t-f?? 

If Decker is a possession guy at 1288 yards and 11 tds, I will take a possession guy over any of the Pats current WR's, lol!!

Sections
Shortcuts