Any chance Pats make a trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: Any chance Pats make a trade?

Some good, realistic thoughts. We're a couple players short of a legitimate SB run. I wonder if the hooded one has had any thoughts along these lines.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I dont mind people throwing names out there. You have to remember the cap space. Do the Patriots have the cap space to make these trades? If, no. Who do we trade, to make room?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Cap space is the reason why trades are so rare during the season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I don't think we would ever trade a 1st rd pick for any player. It just isn't what we do. I wish we would though, as how many young draft picks can possibly make the team? We have watched multiple top picks being cut in the last few years so I would like to see us trade for a big name. Problem with that is the salary has to be right to fit the "Patriot way"

I really think BB is happy with his defense despite what the multitudes are saying. Pass rusher is not high on his list for some reason, otherwise he would have rectified the perceived problem with one of the many draft picks he's had in the past 5 years. We are clearly focusing on the offensive side of the ball and secondary(CB's mostly with Chung) to take advantage of QB's mistakes as they play from behind. Probably another example of BB using current league-wide trends to his advantage. Whether we like it or not drafting top round defensive talent(especially on the d-line) is not what we do anymore.

If that is the case then why not trade a pick for a can't miss already proven guy? Not that they come along all the time but we are in as good a position as any to take advantage of a "bad" teams situation. We have the picks to barter, I just don't see anything happening this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's not just cap space (which they have plenty) it's also that bringing a player into a new system and expecting them to make an impact is a large task. Then add in the complexity of BB's system and the challenge is even more difficult.

That's why trades with high picks are rare at best. Usually you see more low round picks traded to guys who are considered bust prospects with talent, old vets for locker rooms, role players, and backups

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Ahhh...when was the last time Master Hoodie traded FOR someone well after the season started?..I think the answer is NEVER....doubt that will change this year!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnyeates. Show johnyeates's posts

Brandt's deals that should get done from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8230fc44/article/trading-winds-deals-that-should-get-done-before-deadline?module=HP11_headline_stack

wow!

Jared Allen for a first round draft pick...hmmm..that does not at all sound like a BB trade

Gary Guyton and a draft pick for Rodgers-Cromartie...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I may have to recant.  A lot of trade talk out there.  Palmer to Seattle and Mason to Houston.  And folks are talking a lot about the Pats having to get involved.  Blood in the water.  Of course there is no cap minimum this year and a lot of teams can do what they want.  I believe Oakland was pressed against the salary cap or was at one time however making the trade for Curry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Brandt's deals that should get done from NFL.com

In Response to Brandt's deals that should get done from NFL.com:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8230fc44/article/trading-winds-deals-that-should-get-done-before-deadline?module=HP11_headline_stack wow! Jared Allen for a first round draft pick...hmmm..that does not at all sound like a BB trade Gary Guyton and a draft pick for Rodgers-Cromartie...
    Posted by johnyeates

Here's how you kow to laugh at the article. They say Guyon will shore up the Eagles run defense? ROFL Guyton is a good coverage LB but has always been replaced when it comes to the run game (Nin when he's OLB and Spikes when he's ILB)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If Mike Brown doesn't trade Palmer to seattle he is more then stupid. I'm kind of surprised Indy isn't sniffing around him. Their future is now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

How about Suh for a first rounder? Did you guys talk to BB about this? I suppose he is looking to make a trade?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Trader Bill doesn't pull the trigger simply because he's weak at one position.  He trades because someone else is offering a good or great player at a bargain price, often because the guy is a malcontent on the other team. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

5th game in 4-1 hello...  the roster and the practice squad is what you got... we have good depth and 3 pup players as well

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Brandt's deals that should get done from NFL.com

In Response to Brandt's deals that should get done from NFL.com:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8230fc44/article/trading-winds-deals-that-should-get-done-before-deadline?module=HP11_headline_stack wow! Jared Allen for a first round draft pick...hmmm..that does not at all sound like a BB trade Gary Guyton and a draft pick for Rodgers-Cromartie...
    Posted by johnyeates

Our luck we'd get him and he'd immediately get injured...then everyone would say, see that's why we should never get pass rushers.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Was it last year when there were folks clamouring to use a second, third, fourh rounder or whatever combo for a trade for Ochocinco ?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Heres one that could work.

a 4th round pick or 5th for Brian Dawkins on the sinking broncos ship.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

In Response to Re: Any chance Pats make a trade?:
    Cut Chad Johnson, bring back Eric Moore.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Not a bad idea.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This season's Patriots are an opportunistic pass rushing team, we rarely send rushers beyond the front four, instead relying on "bend don't break" coverage and baiting opposing QB's into turning the ball over.  Another speed rusher is not going to help, are they better than Andre Carter and Cunningham... unlikely.

We're 4-1 and the 1 we lost we gave away, our needs are few.  Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be opposed to a trade, but it would have to be a one sided Moss/Haynesworth type deal...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

In Response to Re: Any chance Pats make a trade?:
      Another speed rusher is not going to help, are they better than Andre Carter and Cunningham... unlikely. We're 4-1 and the 1 we lost we gave away, our needs are few.  Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be opposed to a trade, but it would have to be a one sided Moss/Haynesworth type deal...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Cunningham is closer to being cut than comparing up to what J Allen could offer the Pats ...and the "1 we lost " was partly due to our inability to get to the Bills Harvard-Boy , he picked us apart all game.

Love to have Allen onboard but we all know thats not BB's style.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So Brady's 4 INT's and 45 pass attempts had nothing to do with our surrendering a 21 point halftime lead..?                   

OK?  

So the successful and blatantly obvious change to a more balanced run/pass offense since that game hasn't changed your mind?  

OK?

So BB called you personally and told you that Cunningham was on the chopping block huh?

OK?

The best part about this hypothetical is that Jared Allen and his 8.5 sacks in 5 games is going to be traded because the Vikings suddenly decided they don't want to sell anymore tickets on gameday?

Right...

Sections
Shortcuts