Any chance Pats make a trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Re: Any chance Pats make a trade?

In Response to Re: Any chance Pats make a trade?:
    [QUOTE]Cut Chad Johnson, bring back Eric Moore.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This season's Patriots are an opportunistic pass rushing team, we rarely send rushers beyond the front four, instead relying on "bend don't break" coverage and baiting opposing QB's into turning the ball over.  Another speed rusher is not going to help, are they better than Andre Carter and Cunningham... unlikely.

We're 4-1 and the 1 we lost we gave away, our needs are few.  Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be opposed to a trade, but it would have to be a one sided Moss/Haynesworth type deal...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]And anyone with half a brain ain't making that trade.  That would be like the Pats trading Brady for Mancheese.

Vikings traded two 1st rd picks for Allen... through 3 1/3 seasons of his 20's, WHEN THEY THOUGHT THEY'D BE CONTENDERS, they paid him only 18 million.

Now as he hits his 30's they owe him OVER 30 MILLION, for 2 2/3 seasons, and are TANKING. And can get back a 1st rd pick and similar aged pass-rusher to help fill the void of his depature.

This is like the opposite of what we did with Seymour 2 years ago.

There is at the very least a solid argument here... not brainless idiocy. A 21-22 year old 1st rounder and 10+ million in cap space for a team that won't sniff the super bowl is likely worth as much as having a fierce prideful man toiling away the last 1-2 of his prime on a team that likely won't win squat before his contract expires.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Minnesota did the same thing once before... in basketball w/ my boy KG for Big Al (and multiple low draft picks).

Al Jefferson was 21 and a 24 point-12 rebound guy year 1 in Minny before his knee was tweaked and they pointlessly dumped him (he is still a 20-10 PF at age 25).

He was 10 years younger than KG and even after a monster extension cost HALF as much.

KG had 1 year of his prime left, happened to win a title in, then was reduced to an injury risk 3rd best player on a contender type paid twice what he was worth.

But thats the risk you take and thats the risk this team would take with Allen. His cap hits are in the 8 figure range so even with non-guaranteed deals it is still a monster investment. But 2 years of 10+ sacks and 1 Super Bowl is all it takes to make it worth it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Another speed rusher is not going to help, are they better than Andre Carter and Cunningham... unlikely. We're 4-1 and the 1 we lost we gave away, our needs are few.  Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be opposed to a trade, but it would have to be a one sided Moss/Haynesworth type deal...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Cunningham is closer to being cut than comparing up to what J Allen could offer the Pats ...and the "1 we lost " was partly due to our inability to get to the Bills Harvard-Boy , he picked us apart all game.

Love to have Allen onboard but we all know thats not BB's style.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So Brady's 4 INT's and 45 pass attempts had nothing to do with our surrendering a 21 point halftime lead..?                   

OK?  

So the successful and blatantly obvious change to a more balanced run/pass offense since that game hasn't changed your mind?  

OK?

So BB called you personally and told you that Cunningham was on the chopping block huh?

OK?

The best part about this hypothetical is that Jared Allen and his 8.5 sacks in 5 games is going to be traded because the Vikings suddenly decided they don't want to sell anymore tickets on gameday?

Right...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't Mark Anderson their leading sacker?  The Vikking are gonna trade a guy with 9 sacks for a guy with 2?  Hello Rangoon....

Anderson has 3.5 but there is no reason for the Vikes to make that trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't Tatupu still a free agent? What is his health deal? This D would be nuts S - Chung - Griffin CB - McCourty - Bodden (Arrington-Dowling nickel/dime) LB - Mayo - Tatupu - Guyton (Fletcher, Spikes, Nink used a lot) D-line - Allen - Haynesworth - Wilfork - Carter (Ellis used a lot)
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Love is an upgrade over Haynesworth at this point. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Was it last year when there were folks clamouring to use a second, third, fourh rounder or whatever combo for a trade for Ochocinco ?
    Posted by nomadfan[/QUOTE]

not i didnt want ocho for free. steve smith another story.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]This season's Patriots are an opportunistic pass rushing team, we rarely send rushers beyond the front four, instead relying on "bend don't break" coverage and baiting opposing QB's into turning the ball over.  Another speed rusher is not going to help, are they better than Andre Carter and Cunningham... unlikely. We're 4-1 and the 1 we lost we gave away, our needs are few.  Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be opposed to a trade, but it would have to be a one sided Moss/Haynesworth type deal...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

totally disagree on the pass rush. and for that matter interviewed dls thisyear have said were trying to get the passer and have been close.

if vikes would consider jared allen for a 1 (i dont knwo why they would especially form us likely a very late 1) in an effort to go for luck and also to rebuild, id do it before they finished a sentence.

and soemone here said guyton is good. hes a backup, a guy who in several ames stood around while the play was right by him. he is not good in coverage (just better than most lbs we have there) nor against the run in general. worse than a jag.

carter has impressed. a few others have been decent. it still appears we need a better lineman and better linebackers and a scheme, if not players, that can exert pressure on passers or we are doomed come playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any chance Pats make a trade? : Vikings traded two 1st rd picks for Allen... through 3 1/3 seasons of his 20's, WHEN THEY THOUGHT THEY'D BE CONTENDERS, they paid him only 18 million. Now as he hits his 30's they owe him OVER 30 MILLION, for 2 2/3 seasons, and are TANKING. And can get back a 1st rd pick and similar aged pass-rusher to help fill the void of his depature. This is like the opposite of what we did with Seymour 2 years ago. There is at the very least a solid argument here... not brainless idiocy. A 21-22 year old 1st rounder and 10+ million in cap space for a team that won't sniff the super bowl is likely worth as much as having a fierce prideful man toiling away the last 1-2 of his prime on a team that likely won't win squat before his contract expires.

if they were going to shop- him, why wouldnt they consider other bidders (there  likely would be many) especially who are higher in the draft? and yeah if they bit id do it and even offer more(if they needed it). face it we havent gotten anything close to allen on the d side and dont have to risk seeing if a rookie would be a good pro.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any chance Pats make a trade? :   Another speed rusher is not going to help, are they better than Andre Carter and Cunningham... unlikely. We're 4-1 and the 1 we lost we gave away, our needs are few.  Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be opposed to a trade, but it would have to be a one sided Moss/Haynesworth type deal... Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]  Cunningham is closer to being cut than comparing up to what J Allen could offer the Pats ...and the "1 we lost " was partly due to our inability to get to the Bills Harvard-Boy , he picked us apart all game.  Love to have Allen onboard but we all know thats not BB's style.
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

" are they better than Andre Carter and Cunningham... unlikely"

capn you cant be serious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any chance Pats make a trade? :   Another speed rusher is not going to help, are they better than Andre Carter and Cunningham... unlikely. We're 4-1 and the 1 we lost we gave away, our needs are few.  Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be opposed to a trade, but it would have to be a one sided Moss/Haynesworth type deal... Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]  Cunningham is closer to being cut than comparing up to what J Allen could offer the Pats ...and the "1 we lost " was partly due to our inability to get to the Bills Harvard-Boy , he picked us apart all game.  Love to have Allen onboard but we all know thats not BB's style.
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

woops totally missed you were commenting on someone else. that didnt sound like you and i agree totally with everything you said. thats the captn i know.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think the Pats made their trades before the season began.  I could see maybe Guyton going.  I think he has lost a step or something.  I do not see a trade coming to the Pats.  BB runs a complicated defense.  Currently he cannot put all his packages together becouse he has too many new players.  I still think Cunningham will be there at the end of the year.  He is young and is learning a new system for the second time in two years.  If the injury bug gets under control the defense will be ok.  They are getting close.  They are putting pressure on the QB with only rushing 4.  The Cornerbacks are playing better the last couple of weeks.  I see them making more interceptions as the season progresses.  It was a big turnover in the last couple of years.  The moving parts need time to jell.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats make a trade.  A Jarrad Page type safety could help. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

even a james sanders type would help. maybe next draft we can focus on college starters instead of backups.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Brandt's deals that should get done from NFL.com

In Response to Brandt's deals that should get done from NFL.com:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8230fc44/article/trading-winds-deals-that-should-get-done-before-deadline?module=HP11_headline_stack wow! Jared Allen for a first round draft pick...hmmm..that does not at all sound like a BB trade Gary Guyton and a draft pick for Rodgers-Cromartie...
    Posted by johnyeates[/QUOTE]

Do we really need a guy named Cromartie in this team or is that just your idea of what karma is all about?Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't think Guyton is going anywhere. We are already razor thin at LB, and Guyton at least is serviceable. Yeah he whiffs from time to time and is not the best against the run, but the kid is calling the defense now with Mayo out. That in itself is enough to keep him around, plus we are not sure not only when Mayo will return, but how he will return.

Jarrad Allen for Anderson and a 1? i would do that in a heartbeat. We still have another 1, plus 2 2's to wheel and deal and grab some talent. At least we could go into the draft next year knowing we have a pass rush. I feel good about Carter and Allen on the same line together....On the flip side, making the trade is going to have serious consequences come next year, and might not enable us to resign Welker, BJGE and others. I think Welker is priority #1, followed closely by Mayo, BJGE, etc.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I dont think Allen is what we need and he is expensive.

I found some players on other teams with potential who arent starting that may be targets, but this is more/less players I liked coming out college that are under the radar and projects that B.B. could possibly turn into players

Linebackers
    1.) Darryl Blackstock (drafed to ARZ in 05' but never really panned out, went to Cincy last year and is oakland now on the bench.

2.)Victor Butler (part time player in dallas right now, drafted in 09 and has shown flashed when on the field, but dallas has Ware and Spencer doing work)

3.)Chris Gocong (playing in Cleveland right now, started in Philly, a guy I really wanted the pats to draft a few years back)

4.)Chad Greenway* (always liked him in college, but his stick legs were a concern coming out. He is a good player who could help us now that we play 4-3, not a sackmaster but better than Nink)

5.)Mario Haggans (Had a good season last year in denver w/87 tackles and 5 sacks. Seems to be not starting under new coach J.Fox)

Defensive Backs

1.) Gerald Alexander( was a good player in detroit, still young and not starting for the Panthers

2.) Will Allen (playing in Pittsburgh right now, not a starter but always a solid player. famouse for taking our McGahee's knee in college.)

3.)Yeremiah Bell*( Miami going nowhere fast, would they do us another favor?)

4.)Tryone Culver( Miami player that was drafted out of Fresno st. B,.B, has a connection and he is sitting around in miami for 4 years, but Bill could make him a player)

5.)Charles Godfrey* ( A young dynamic safety in same position as Goldson was, in his last year of rookie deal but would take a high pick to steal him away but he is worth it.  Would solidify our back end w/Chung) *doubtful, more wishful thinking..

*starters

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think Guyton is going anywhere. We are already razor thin at LB, and Guyton at least is serviceable. Yeah he whiffs from time to time and is not the best against the run, but the kid is calling the defense now with Mayo out. That in itself is enough to keep him around, plus we are not sure not only when Mayo will return, but how he will return. Jarrad Allen for Anderson and a 1? i would do that in a heartbeat. We still have another 1, plus 2 2's to wheel and deal and grab some talent. At least we could go into the draft next year knowing we have a pass rush. I feel good about Carter and Allen on the same line together....On the flip side, making the trade is going to have serious consequences come next year, and might not enable us to resign Welker, BJGE and others. I think Welker is priority #1, followed closely by Mayo, BJGE, etc.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

good points on how much he would cost and maybe no Welker or BJGE b/c of that

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I dont think Allen is what we need and he is expensive. I found some players on other teams with potential who arent starting that may be targets, but this is more/less players I liked coming out college that are under the radar and projects that B.B. could possibly turn into players Linebackers 1.) Darryl Blackstock (drafed to ARZ in 05' but never really panned out, went to Cincy last year and is oakland now on the bench. 2.)Victor Butler (part time player in dallas right now, drafted in 09 and has shown flashed when on the field, but dallas has Ware and Spencer doing work) 3.)Chris Gocong (playing in Cleveland right now, started in Philly, a guy I really wanted the pats to draft a few years back) 4.)Chad Greenway* (always liked him in college, but his stick legs were a concern coming out. He is a good player who could help us now that we play 4-3, not a sackmaster but better than Nink) 5.)Mario Haggans (Had a good season last year in denver w/87 tackles and 5 sacks. Seems to be not starting under new coach J.Fox) Defensive Backs 1.) Gerald Alexander( was a good player in detroit, still young and not starting for the Panthers 2.) Will Allen (playing in Pittsburgh right now, not a starter but always a solid player. famouse for taking our McGahee's knee in college.) 3.)Yeremiah Bell*( Miami going nowhere fast, would they do us another favor?) 4.)Tryone Culver( Miami player that was drafted out of Fresno st. B,.B, has a connection and he is sitting around in miami for 4 years, but Bill could make him a player) 5.)Charles Godfrey* ( A young dynamic safety in same position as Goldson was, in his last year of rookie deal but would take a high pick to steal him away but he is worth it.  Would solidify our back end w/Chung) *doubtful, more wishful thinking.. *starters
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Godfrey is in the same position as safety Michael Griffin, who isbjust under 2 years older but IMO slightly better.

Our 2nd rd pick for either would be a move I make in a HEARTBEAT

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Chad Greenway would be worth a 2nd rd pick to play just as the ILB in our 3-4.

Mayo when he returns can be outside with Spikes/Guyton and Nink.

I'd also guve up a 2nd rd pick for Lance Briggs, he has requested a trade and is still a very talented player. I'd seem him as a Roman Phifer type of Veteran, a guy who was a star OLB in a 4-3 but who is smart enough to play inside in a 3-4 and wise enough to embrace a part-time role in a great oragnization for his mid 30's years.

And what is the deal with Tatupu? Apparently he is healthier than he has been in a long time and 'ready to play for a winner'

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/31408/schefter-on-eagles-tatupu

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

BB might need to do something, not a bad idea.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]I'd also guve up a 2nd rd pick for Lance Briggs, he has requested a trade and is still a very talented player. I'd seem him as a Roman Phifer typehttp://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/31408/schefter-on-eagles-tatupu

This is actually a solid trade idea that isn't a theoretical pipe dream.