Any chance the Pats can trade for Osi Umenyiora?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Any chance the Pats can trade for Osi Umenyiora?

I know the Giants want a first round pick, but I doubt anyone will trade that for them.  The Patriots should offer a 2nd round for him and sign this guy to an extension. 

Even with Hayneworth collapsing the pocket, the Patriots still need that disruptive outside rusher.   With our offense this season and the talent in our secondary, Osi could easily have 14 sacks this season, especially if Haynesworth becomes the disruptive force of years prior. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

Re: Any chance the Pats can trade for Osi Umenyiora?

We can only hope and pray that Osi comes here

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I dought it because NFL net was reporting the Giants want a first round draft pick and I don't think Bill will do that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Any chance the Pats can trade for Osi Umenyiora?:
    I dought it because NFL net was reporting the Giants want a first round draft pick and I don't think Bill will do that.
    Posted by raptor64d

COULD SEE A SECOND AND A Tconditional tHIRD THE FOLLOWING YEAR

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

A 1st rounder is too steep...Welker for Osi?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

It sounded like they wanted a 1st and more (not sure what "more" was)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Giants want a 1st and Osi wants to be paid as a top 5 DE. He's not a 3 down DL in our system so I can't see BB giving up a 1st and a ton of cash for Osi

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'd give up one of our 2nds next year or a 3rd. Throw in a player, maybe a 4th from the year after...something like that. he's too old for a 1st rounder, and he has had some hip injuries. However, if he is healthy, he would be amazing next to VW or Al in a 4 man line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats4412. Show pats4412's posts

BB should go out and get this guy ASAP  give up what ever the Giants want. We have two first round picks ( ours and the saints)  and 2 second round picks.  Our problem last year was getting pressure on the QB and if we add  Osi  that is what he will do.  Now is the time to go and get your pash rusher that this team and coach BB need.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jsmith54. Show Jsmith54's posts

how about a 2nd round pick and maybe eddlemen or tate?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

if he can put this team over the top, it may well be worth it to overpay. its our last chance to have an outside pass rush. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Welker isn't going anywhere. I know, I know, nobody thought that about Moss or Seymour. Welker is needed to bring along the younger receivers. He's still got production left in him and his contract is pretty team-friendly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

There is no sure thing in the NFL, but probably the surest thing around is that the Pats draft choice will be in the 25-32 range.  A second rounder would be 57-64.  NO way the Giants accept that for Umenyiora.  And they have a pretty good crop of wide receivers, they'll have no interest in our 5th or 6th wideouts.

I think there's a team that will offer a 1st rounder for Osi, and their 1st will almost certainly be higher than ours.  I think it takes at minimum a 1st and a 4th (maybe a 3rd) to get him to the Pats.  Don't see Coach Bill giving up that much for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

ESPN.COM

Umenyiora is seeking a new contract or a trade to a team that will give him a raise. He has two years and a total of $8 million remaining on his contract.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

How about a 2nd that will become a first if he has certain stats like 10+ sacks or is named an All-Pro?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

They are asking too much.

BB loves VALUE, Osi wants top 5 DE money and the Giants want a first round pick.

As much as I would love to get Osi in here, he isn't worth what it would take to acquire him.

Now here is the thing, BB is very unpredictable. For all I know, Osi might be a Patriot tomorrow. In BB we trust.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

The Patriots should express interest, but wait it out......Maybe the Giants would lower there demands if other NFL teams think the Giants demands are too much!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

good story in the times about the giants owner who seems to have been the real force behind the owners in the labor negotiations... the son of wellington mara.... was there for the previous labor battles so he became an attorney and made his specialty as an attorney... labor law

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Dare we dream?

This is one guy that I wouldn't mind seeing BB fork over a #1 to get.

We all know he's going to spin that extra #2 pick in 2012 into a 2013 #1 pick anyway, right? So the loss of the extra #1 in 2012 won't be that severely felt (especially considering that BOTH of NE's picks in that round are likely to be after the 25th slot anyway). 

The Jints may want more than a #1 for him, but in reality, a #1 is the most they can hope to get. That was the going rate for a guy like Seymour, who was/is a better all-around DE than Osi at the time he was traded, and the Pats even had to wait a year to get that #1 pick (unfortunately, as it turned out, since the Raiders went and got "decent" in 2010 and screwed up the Top 10 pick we all hoped NE was getting in that deal).

I'm sure they'd find a way to make the cap money work if they could ever manage to get him in a deal.

They at least need to "kick the tires" on him, I think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

I would lean more towards a combination of players and picks.  Deal from the positions of strength.  One of Edelmen/tate/price/slater plus one of brace/deadrick plus levoir + 4th or 5th.  Something like that.  These are fringe guys for us anyhow.  We can't keep them all...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It would be Great..........but I just don't see BB spending the dough even though he has to spend the dough and I want him to spend the dough.  I love fried dough.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Can Osi play in coverage at all? Or is he strictly a pass-rushing 4-3 DE?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

he was just given permission to seek a trade.  i doubt it happens tho, the giants will get him back

Sections
Shortcuts