Any chance we see a trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Any chance we see a trade?

We need a defensive tackle and it looks as if one of our running backs are not going to make it, any chance there's a trade between one of our backs and a decent DT? Probably not considering the value placed a on a decent DT and a 3rd string back, but perhaps something could be worked out. I wonder what value a guy like Bolden has and also wonder what the difference is between him and Ridley as players. I get the feeling that Boldin, Blount and Ridley aren't that far off from a talent standpoint/skill set. Would they do something crazy and trade Ridley if the right deal came along for a tackle? If so, would they miss him with Boldin and Blount filling in?

Just kind of an outside the box thought.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Any chance we see a trade?

In response to mthurl's comment:

We need a defensive tackle and it looks as if one of our running backs are not going to make it, any chance there's a trade between one of our backs and a decent DT? Probably not considering the value placed a on a decent DT and a 3rd string back, but perhaps something could be worked out. I wonder what value a guy like Bolden has and also wonder what the difference is between him and Ridley as players. I get the feeling that Boldin, Blount and Ridley aren't that far off from a talent standpoint/skill set. Would they do something crazy and trade Ridley if the right deal came along for a tackle? If so, would they miss him with Boldin and Blount filling in?

Just kind of an outside the box thought.

Logically, any team with an eye on Bolden would probably wait for him to get cut.  and if they wanted to trade now, it would probably be a DT that they intended on releaing anyway, so he wouldn't be considered high quality by typical standards.  No way they trade Ridley at this point.

Too bad we didn't draft one of the available DTs with the Davon Wilson pick, as many here were hoping.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We also have an extra TE in the same boat.  A descent player we're going to have to cut.  That's an extra piece to dangle

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I can see it.  Mallett and someone else.  I can totally see it. Otherwise, why on earth is Tebow here? If you deal Mallett, you can install Tebow based packages, hoping you never, ever need to use it.

You couldn't be any more wrong.

If anything, Tebow's performance to date has proven that he is NOT a capable backup at QB and Mallett is that much more valuable to this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Amendola for Welker!! I would be all over that!

Smile

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I think Either Bolden or Ridley could be expendable. I would rather Bolden, although Ridley does have the fumble issue combined with the fact he came back much bigger this year and Fears wasnt happy and he already got caugh from behind where he looked faster last year. The thing is I wouldnt trade Mallet at this point? (ahem Rusty) I know you are not the best guy to evaluate talent at the qb position(trade for alex smith) but Mallet is a good backup and Tebow S*cks. Lets give ourselves a chance should # 12 go down. Seems I aint the only one estatic about a key cog in our line being A.A who hasnt even suited up yet. I would be happy if we pick up a vet. takle and CB for depth. I think M.Cole is expendable and we can do better. he is not a special teams demon or anything soooo

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Go ahead and tell BB that, troll. Tebow as crappy as he is, is still here, isn't he?  Like I said, have Tebow learn and master about 30 base plays that are basically read option and Wildcat type stuff and pray you never need it.

Any real SB contending team isn't winning a SB with a back up today anyway. We don't need to carry 3 QBs. That's the point here. No one is dealing for Tebow, obvisously, but a cap strung team rebuilding right now who might want an RB with big upside like Bolden (would hate to see him cut since he's very good all around) and a QB that has been developed in Mallett.

Heck, maybe BB showcases Mallet tomorrow night with the 1s going deeper into the game.

You need 3 QBs through the pre-season, that is why Tebow is still here.

While you may not win a Super Bowl with a backup, you need a capable backup in case your starter misses 1 or 2 games during the regular season.  Trading Mallett and keeping only Tebow as a backup to Brady would be one of the most rash, irresponsible mistakes of BB's tenure.  From what I've seen of him, starting Tebow is a guaranteed "L" against just about anybody in the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I can see it.  Mallett and someone else.  I can totally see it. Otherwise, why on earth is Tebow here? If you deal Mallett, you can install Tebow based packages, hoping you never, ever need to use it.

Trade Mallett? Now? Who plays backup for us?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

Go ahead and tell BB that, troll. Tebow as crappy as he is, is still here, isn't he?  Like I said, have Tebow learn and master about 30 base plays that are basically read option and Wildcat type stuff and pray you never need it.

Any real SB contending team isn't winning a SB with a back up today anyway. We don't need to carry 3 QBs. That's the point here. No one is dealing for Tebow, obvisously, but a cap strung team rebuilding right now who might want an RB with big upside like Bolden (would hate to see him cut since he's very good all around) and a QB that has been developed in Mallett.

Heck, maybe BB showcases Mallet tomorrow night with the 1s going deeper into the game.

You need 3 QBs through the pre-season, that is why Tebow is still here.

While you may not win a Super Bowl with a backup, you need a capable backup in case your starter misses 1 or 2 games during the regular season.  Trading Mallett and keeping only Tebow as a backup to Brady would be one of the most rash, irresponsible mistakes of BB's tenure.  From what I've seen of him, starting Tebow is a guaranteed "L" against just about anybody in the league.

Dont bother trying to tell the resident eediot anything. He gets his lies, I mean his info directly from BB himself!   LOL, only Rusty would sit here and try to put a spin on why Tebow here and would think Mallet is expendable because BB Believes in Tebow!  LOL, yea ok. Its preseason and when u only carry 2 Qb in the reg. season(what we will do) u kind of want to limit the hits your ONLY backup QB is gonna take. BB never planned on carrying a 3rd Qb but why not bring in the Teebster to spread the good vibes and get one last shot by the guy who drafted him to showcase his stuff and he has failed at that but succeeded in being a preseason Backup. Before Week 1 he will be shown the door and they will thanks for coming. Yeeeesh, Your brain and that 152 IQ are quickly deteriating

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Trade Mallett? Now? Who plays backup for us?

Wait for it............ Edelman!

according to the Rusty fellow.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Football trades are so rare.  Trades before roster cutdowns when the seller has less leverage are even rarer.

I don't see any trades coming with the Pats.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Why would a die hard pats fan have so much hate for all those successful pats players from the 90's who played for Parcells??  oh, never mind I just figured it out...lol

what a fraud and then come here and tell others they arent fans!?!?  Who do you like outside of BB?!?!?!   FRAUD! Carolina fan maybe?  So Parcells who was just put in the hall, S*cks right? and so dont Bru, Rodney, Curtis Martin!  and yet you praised Benny on this board and still do. Martin WAS a real feature back. he could do it all, he wasnt limited like your BOY Benny...LMAO

and the fact BB stopped carrying 3 QBs has nothing to do with Edleman playing QB in college. The guy has NEVER thrown a pass with the Pats. Its more assumption by you, making you an *SS!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

LIES!  LIES! LIES!

Everytime Bruschi or Rodney state their opinion you come here and slam them. How many times have you bashed Bruschi talking to Rkarp. You know its one thing to be a lying cowardly human being that has no leg to stand on, but entirely another to try to worm you way out of your own words and backpedal when someone points it out. Be a man and own up the BS you spread here daily and maybe you can start the process of us accepting you as normal again.

You are still mad at Parcells because you think he didnt give his all  in coaching the last SB we loss instead of realizing Bledsoe and our Line S*cked and let Reggie White take over the game. FRAUD!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Bolden or Blount plus a lower draft pick to Minny for Kevin Williams.

Keep Mallett

The injury to Shariff Floyd might get in the way though.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

LIES!  LIES! LIES!

Everytime Bruschi or Rodney state their opinion you come here and slam them. How many times have you bashed Bruschi talking to Rkarp. You know its one thing to be a lying cowardly human being that has no leg to stand on, but entirely another to try to worm you way out of your own words and backpedal when someone points it out. Be a man and own up the BS you spread here daily and maybe you can start the process of us accepting you as normal again.

You are still mad at Parcells because you think he didnt give his all  in coaching the last SB we loss instead of realizing Bledsoe and our Line S*cked and let Reggie White take over the game. FRAUD!

I thought you meant they're on the field play here.  Rodney didn't play here

I started a thread comparing Bruschi's career to Buonoconti's here recently, so how is that bashing?  I think Bruschi had a borderline HOF career.  How is this bashing?

Finally, you adding more exclamation points doesn't do anything.  Nor does writing in caps.

But, yes, Bruschi selling out to ESPN and having such a vocal role there has been incredibly disappointing to watch.  And, I am not alone in that one either. Seen it mentioned by many fans multiple times.

Really?  Ok, conversation Over. You and Z are going on ignore. What planet do you people live on?

On field, off Field?  Bashing is Bashing. The guy has moved on to a new career. Im sure his job description didnt include "washing BB's Balls"  That WAS however in yours apparently!

Doh!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

As stated, a team would only trade a doomed DT for a guy they can FA sign. And anyone who thinks either Bolden or Blount are anywhere near as talented as The Riddler is delusional. Do we need all 7 draft picks? We already revamped the WR, RB, TE, LB and hopefully Harmon turns into a serviceable SS. All we need is OL, DT and CB. 

Spare a draft pick for some DT depth, at least give Seymour a look. He can talk big about not coming back, but he's out a job and out of time. It's New England or retire.

Zach "Don't call me 'Suddsy'" Sudfeld

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

While I would not be oppossed to a trade to get a decent rotation DT, BB's normal procedure would be to wait out the waiver wire and see who might be available....and that's what I think they'll do...

Sections
Shortcuts