Any Doubt...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Any Doubt...

As I have been telling ya.....Mallett is your # 2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Re: Any Doubt...

Its not even close imo. I really hope we have a blow outs, so he can get some more experience during the year. This kid is the real deal. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from manowar333. Show manowar333's posts

In Response to Re: Any Doubt...:
    Its not even close imo. I really hope we have a blow outs, so he can get some more experience during the year. This kid is the real deal. 
    Posted by kman2004

Uh, the way this offensive line is playing, instead of hoping for blowouts, you should be hoping Mallett isn't in the game to replace an injured Brady.  This team won't be blowing out anyone with this kind of O-line play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Mallet looked good, he's a starter in this league IMO , he's only going to get better too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Dump hoyer

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He certainly looked a lot better then the last pres-season game and better then the one before it. I'm not ready to have him as the only backup on the team but if he can replicate it again in game 4 that would make it a very tough decision

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

He's getting better and that's all we can ask for....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Saw him play a lot at Arkansas, my only concern with him was interceptions. That can be improved with coaching, and it will. He threw for near 400 yards against a tough Alabama defense a couple of years ago. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I like Mallet, but not sure we can dump Hoyer quite yet.

Unless the O-line performance improves dramatically, I am afraid, we might go through QBs like Kleenex..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I like Mallet, but not sure we can dump Hoyer quite yet. Unless the O-line performance improves dramatically, I am afraid, we might go through QBs like Kleenex..
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

Agree with this.  We may need the depth there.

Or they could get rid of Hoyer and use Edelman as the third string/emergency QB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Does anybody else think Edelman is too short to be an NFL quarterback? Just sayin' . . . 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Does anybody else think Edelman is too short to be an NFL quarterback? Just sayin' . . . 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

I think so but Hoyer dosen''t look very tall either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I guess that's why the Pats tried to make a receiver out of him.

Anyway, I said third string/emergency qb.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Any Doubt... : I think so but Hoyer dosen''t look very tall either.
    Posted by Salcon

That's exactly the problem. Hoyer is a short QB at 6-2, while Edelman is generously listed at 5-10.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Any Doubt... : That's exactly the problem. Hoyer is a short QB at 6-2, while Edelman is generously listed at 5-10.  

Makes one respect Drew Brees.  He does what he does at 6'.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: Any Doubt... : That's exactly the problem. Hoyer is a short QB at 6-2, while Edelman is generously listed at 5-10.  

Didn't realize Edelman was that short.  That's short even for a college team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Any Doubt... : Didn't realize Edelman was that short.  That's short even for a college team.
    Posted by Salcon

It's Flutie short . . . and as both an NFL and CFL fan, I love Flutie, but really? 5-10 is just short for an NFL QB.  I've seen those DLs up close and 5-10 is not tall enough to see over them . . . 

I also like Edelmen, but realistically, I can't take him seriously as a back-up QB. If he makes the team, it's as a punt returner, slot receiver, and back-up DB.   QB is irrelevant at this point in his career. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: Any Doubt... : It's Flutie short . . . and as both an NFL and CFL fan, I love Flutie, but really? 5-10 is just short for an NFL QB.  I've seen those DLs up close and 5-10 is not tall enough to see over them . . .  I also like Edelmen, but realistically, I can't take him seriously as a back-up QB. If he makes the team, it's as a punt returner, slot receiver, and back-up DB.   QB is irrelevant at this point in his career. 

I'm still rooting a little for Edelman.  Not as a QB but to make the team.  I like him. He does whatever is asked.  He's a football player.  Maybe not great at one particular thing but I like his versitility and how he can get YAC. 

That being said, I realize he could be gone with the addition of Demps. 

Sections
Shortcuts