Any Matt Cassell Takers After Five Games?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

Any Matt Cassell Takers After Five Games?

I was commenting continuously in the game that Tom needed to stop with the whiny baby routine.  After his game costing miserableness in the second half I have to ask is Tom irreparably damaged goods?  Could we have expected more than 3-2 with a healthy, mobile and system-familiar Matt Cassell at the QB position after 5 games?    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Any Matt Cassell Takers After Five Games?

Eww! 

Matt Cassell vs. Playoff teams in '08 = 4-4

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Frankly, I thought Cassel would have gotten us a victory agains the Jets so it's reasonable to think we could be 4-1 having taken a different route to sucess.  Don't think he would have led us back against the Bills but he might have gotten us on the board before the last two minutes.  Just a hunch but I do think Brady is really struggling to regain his form and he may never do so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sammykd. Show Sammykd's posts

I don't think Cassell is the answer.  He hasn't looked great in the past few games.
    The bigger issue is injuries, team morale, loss of too many key personnel, and Tom himself.

He has to decide whether he wants to win another SB and continue to play at a high level, or if he will give up and give in to Gisele's BS.  Does he want to be Mr. Gisele Bundchen/ a Stetson model or does he want to be a football player?

If he wants to be a football player, then he needs to step it up and play like he cares.  And lead the team.  I don't think he's that committed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J109. Show J109's posts

In Response to Re: Any Matt Cassell Takers After Five Games?:
    [QUOTE]I don't think Cassell is the answer.  He hasn't looked great in the past few games. The bigger issue is injuries, team morale, loss of too many key personnel, and Tom himself. He has to decide whether he wants to win another SB and continue to play at a high level, or if he will give up and give in to Gisele's BS.  Does he want to be Mr. Gisele Bundchen/ a Stetson model or does he want to be a football player? If he wants to be a football player, then he needs to step it up and play like he cares.  And lead the team.  I don't think he's that committed.
    Posted by Sammykd[/QUOTE]

Tom defintely Cares! He is obviously frustrated with his pisspoor performance and I think he expected it to be easier when he returned. I think he should have spent more time with the team last year. He could have been on the sidelines halfway through the season and spent time in the film room to stay in touch.

I hope, (And i think) Tom will have a different offseason this year and not rest on his probowls and MVP's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Matt Cassel is 0-5 and his stats are awful.  Come on people!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think Cassell is the answer.  He hasn't looked great in the past few games. The bigger issue is injuries, team morale, loss of too many key personnel, and Tom himself. He has to decide whether he wants to win another SB and continue to play at a high level, or if he will give up and give in to Gisele's BS.  Does he want to be Mr. Gisele Bundchen/ a Stetson model or does he want to be a football player? If he wants to be a football player, then he needs to step it up and play like he cares.  And lead the team.  I don't think he's that committed.
    Posted by Sammykd[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, I think its possible to do both. The man has brought three rings to the city of Boston. I'm a Patriots fan from Atlanta and no, I was never there to see the old Patriots teams but I've read up on my history as best as I could. He's done a lot for the community so it's reasonable to give them the benefit of the doubt right now.

He's a human being who decided to get married and have a child. There's nothing wrong with that. As fans our lives revolve around their wins and losses but as an actual player, it is and always should be just a game to them. This isn't like filing paperwork in a cubicle because that's a YOU-job. This involves a line blocking for you, receivers that run the right routes and make plays, running backs that find holes and attack them, and coaches to put together game plans. Weather conditions play a role, the opposing crowd plays a role, talent on the other side plays a role. Just because he has a slip-up or two coming off an injury doesn't mean he's washed up and it most certainly does not mean he shouldn't have gotten married and had a kid.

If Brady, or any professional athlete, were to be that loyal to his fans (to say he won't get married and have kids in hopes of keeping his winning ways alive), then the fans can't throw him under the bus after one incomplete pass. You want your cake and you want to eat it.

Ultimately, he's only as loyal to you as you are to him. Your common ground is what happens on Sundays. Other than that, you don't owe him anything and he doesn't owe you anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Most ridiculous thread ever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Most ridiculous thread ever.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

No kidding.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

[QUOTE]Most ridiculous thread ever.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

yup

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I rarely post but this thread compelled me to, the knee-jerk reactions going on are getting outrageous.  Matt Cassel is a good QB who benefitted from one of the greatest offensive casts ever assembled.  Brady missed an entire season, it took peyton 7 weeks to recover from a relatively minor procedure, how are people flipping out after 5 weeks??? Not to mention we've played some DAMN good football teams with the exception of the Bills.  Only thing worse than this were the "trade brady?" threads here last year. wow....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any Matt Cassell Takers After Five Games? : yup
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

Stay the course people.  Hopefully we'll peak at the right time this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrisPatsFan. Show KrisPatsFan's posts

I don't know which post is more stupid - this post or the post about cutting Bill and hiring Cowler to be our coach.  We are 3-2.  Peyton went 0-2 last year and thne 3-4.  Injuries take time to recover from in the NFL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from murph73. Show murph73's posts

matt cassell?   you guys are pathetic, brady just missed a year of football.  Carson palmer said it took him a year to feel normal again.  Go root for the rams and we will back Tom as he gets better throughout the year like true fans .  I am embarrased to be a pats fan when i read stuff like that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MudCityManglers. Show MudCityManglers's posts

I agree with you. I thought Bill B was going to put Brady on the teading block like he did Bledsoe, and I wish he had. Here are the reasons why. Brady already has 3 rings, He has a new life, a new wife, a kid on the way, and a very serious injury. Cassell could not only throw the ball but he took over the New England offense without a hitch, and he could run the ball!
    Can you imagine what Big bill could have gotten for Brady? Once again he could have rebuilt this team for another 5 year run. Take a look at wha tyou have now, I love the nay sayers (oh Brady is just off a bit) Brady has been off for the last 4 years, with the exception of Moss. Moss also has very little left in the tank. I love how everyone on here can say Kill Maroney, Kill Joey Galloway, Kill Everyone but Brady, and its Brady that is showing what we already knew, just like Bledsoe did.
    Brady should have been traded, that was the begining of this teams downfall and will continue to show. Oh you can hate what Ive said all day long, but lets see where it goes and then come back in 4 weeks and tell me , oh it will get better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Are you high?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

These forums have been quite humorous the past couple weeks. The PATS aren't going to go undefeated so lets get rid of our best talent. Goodbye Tom....Goodbye Mayo....Goodbye Moss....Goodbye Welker....Goodbye Wilfork.

Geezus, give me a break. Tom has had a rough couple games, but half you jacka$$es out there want to get rid of him after 5 regular season games after he set the league TD mark.

Regardless of how the Pats have played this season, he is still one of the 3 best QB's in football. All you bandwagon naysayers need to go cheer for the Jets.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

Stats don’t lie: Tom Brady’s been off

I thought the following two comments (pursuant to the article mentioned above) were accurate concerning the loss of Josh McDaniels and its effect on Sir Tommy Boy:  

I think Brady misses Josh McDaniels alot. He said such great things about him I think he wishes he was back here coaching him. I think they were great together & they did work together on that "magical" year of 2007. May be that is the problem Brady is having. "Josh is a great coach," Brady said. "He's obviously learned a lot, and he's got the team playing well - they're 5-0, and that's pretty impressive for a first-year coach." Despite whatever attempts McDaniels may have made to confuse the Patriots - including breaking out a wildcat look - Brady saw a lot in the Denver offense that looked familiar. Orton completed 35-of-48 for 330 yards. "He made all the throws they needed today. He really made some nice plays and throws and reads," Brady said. "I could see what they were doing on every play, I could basically call the plays. He was making the right reads, he was very accurate today. That was a very good offense."

It just shows you what good coaching will do. Orton couldn't hit the side of a barn when he was with the Bears. Now he looks like Dan Marino. Now Brady can't hit the side of a barn.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 671Chay. Show 671Chay's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any Matt Cassell Takers After Five Games? : No kidding.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

ditto, hilarious

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 671Chay. Show 671Chay's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know which post is more stupid - this post or the post about cutting Bill and hiring Cowler to be our coach.  We are 3-2.  Peyton went 0-2 last year and thne 3-4.  Injuries take time to recover from in the NFL.
    Posted by KrisPatsFan[/QUOTE]

LMAO

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]Stats don’t lie: Tom Brady’s been off http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1204238&format=comments#CommentsArea I thought the following two comments (pursuant to the article mentioned above) were accurate concerning the loss of Josh McDaniels and its effect on Sir Tommy Boy:   I think Brady misses Josh McDaniels alot. He said such great things about him I think he wishes he was back here coaching him. I think they were great together & they did work together on that "magical" year of 2007. May be that is the problem Brady is having. "Josh is a great coach," Brady said. "He's obviously learned a lot, and he's got the team playing well - they're 5-0, and that's pretty impressive for a first-year coach." Despite whatever attempts McDaniels may have made to confuse the Patriots - including breaking out a wildcat look - Brady saw a lot in the Denver offense that looked familiar. Orton completed 35-of-48 for 330 yards. "He made all the throws they needed today. He really made some nice plays and throws and reads," Brady said. "I could see what they were doing on every play, I could basically call the plays. He was making the right reads, he was very accurate today. That was a very good offense."   It just shows you what good coaching will do. Orton couldn't hit the side of a barn when he was with the Bears. Now he looks like Dan Marino. Now Brady can't hit the side of a barn.
    Posted by jhb2[/QUOTE]

There is no question Brady will never be the same without Josh, except for those years he won three superbowls without him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

you're only as good as your last game.
    you people need to stop defending Brady.
    he played bad, just accept it.
    brady needs to hear it, how do expect him to get better,
    if he can get better?
    it's great he won 3 rings, but that's the past,
    this is 2009, not 2005.
    it was four years ago.
    as bill would say, what's best for the team, right.
    given the right offer, any player can be traded.
    Richard Seymour was gone in a heartbeat once Al Davis
    threw a 1st round pick on the table.
    what's crazy is why isn't there any veteran presence behind Brady
    on the depth chart? we have an undrafted rookie free agent with no
    nfl experience backing up Brady. Brady could go down again, it can happen?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

I wouldn't pay any player $16 million dollars who didn't play in college, was on the sidelines for years and had one good season because he benefitted from playing in a great system.  Now he's 0-5.  Wonder if KC is rethinking that deal? 

Sections
Shortcuts