Any of you catch Leon Washingtons KR stats last week?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Any of you catch Leon Washingtons KR stats last week?

Why wasnt he an option as 3rd down back over Bolden? This guy can catch and is an excellent screen guy so he must have had trouble picking up the offense. He wasnt That hurt here if just returned a KO 95 yards. Its water under the bridge anyway. Just strange because after signing him, it seems they never really tried to get him involved. Did he come here and display some sort of character flaw? I can think of a lot of guys to de-activate in favor of him earlier in the year...namely Tavon Wilson. Wow, what a Bust. Guy went from starting a few games to not even being a factor on special teams. Both Collins and Buchanan have consistently showed up there while this guy cant even log ONE special teams tackle?!  wow, I bet BB wishes he could have that one.

Tex, you were right about that one. Lets hope Harmon doesnt dissapear next year the same way

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I dont know when he stopped being injured here

Giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe Bb thought he had more in Boyce adn couldnt carry another rb??

I do not know, but needing everything we can right now it is curious why he is gone

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Denver gives up the 11th most yards on KO returns.

KC the previous week had a guy return two for a 65 yd avg, including 108 yard TD.

Not sure it is all Leon Washington.

The Titans play Jacksonville in a couple weeks who is one of the better KO coverage units. I'll be interested to see how he does in that game.

The Titans are around the top 10 in KO returns as a team and Leon Washington just got their so they were doing pretty well on their own merit. 

regardless, he is still better than Blount and Slater. I am anxious to see what Boyce can do, but all things considered, I prefer the vet back there in the playoffs over the rookie..

When did slater return kicks this year? I think it has been a while since he returned kicks. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Five kickoff returns for 209 yards (41.8 avg.), including a 95-yarder. Why cant we find KR's like that?

I almost never say ... I told you so.

But .... I told you so. I was keel-hulled for saying NE should have kept Washington even if it meant cutting 4th RB Boldin or something like that. 

The guy adds to a team. 

Ugh. 

NE is going to need special teams contributions like that down the road given how depleted the other phases are right now. 

Boyce will make us forget we had the web footed Blount returning kicks

I really hope Boyce can add there!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to gogogopats' comment:

KC the previous week had a guy return two for a 65 yd avg, including 108 yard TD.

The Titans play Jacksonville in a couple weeks who is one of the better KO coverage units. I'll be interested to see how he does in that game.

The Titans are around the top 10 in KO returns as a team and Leon Washington just got their so they were doing pretty well on their own merit. 

regardless, he is still better than Blount and Slater. I am anxious to see what Boyce can do, but all things considered, I prefer the vet back there in the playoffs over the rookie..

When did slater return kicks this year? I think it has been a while since he returned kicks. 

Slater dropped a kick off Sunday against the Browns after the Browns last TD. He was able to recover, but had pretty much zero net yardage on the return

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to gogogopats' comment:

He's always out there, but the lead blocker.   If it's a short kick, which is obviously very rare, or it's to his side, he might take it.  Very rare, though.

I knew you did not watch the game...Slater dropped a kick off this week against the Browns

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am good with Boyce actually playing, being used, and seeing what he can do. The only reason Washington stayed around was because Vereen got hurt.  That's it.

This is a thread that comes off trollish to bash BB the GM, which is what RKrap does.

I would have cut Washington sooner and put the resources to a different part of the roster and just had Boyce active back there bringing the kicks back. He has this burst and vision that, at some point, I can see him breaking one with some better blocking.

Thanks to Washington, we never knew ye.  But, move on already. Washington's career is coming to an end.

1) I did not start this thread, I have only commented

2) The Pats have struggled all season with KO returns, and Wash has put up 2 good weeks of returns

3) Washington, Fells, Lloyd....BB seems to sign these guys and then throw them to the trash basket. I have no issues with "whatever is best for the team"...but at what point do the agents and these players catch on and say I am not signing with the Pats/BB? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I am good with Boyce actually playing, being used, and seeing what he can do. The only reason Washington stayed around was because Vereen got hurt.  That's it.

This is a thread that comes off trollish to bash BB the GM, which is what RKrap does.

I would have cut Washington sooner and put the resources to a different part of the roster and just had Boyce active back there bringing the kicks back. He has this burst and vision that, at some point, I can see him breaking one with some better blocking.

Thanks to Washington, we never knew ye.  But, move on already. Washington's career is coming to an end.

1) I did not start this thread, I have only commented

2) The Pats have struggled all season with KO returns, and Wash has put up 2 good weeks of returns

3) Washington, Fells, Lloyd....BB seems to sign these guys and then throw them to the trash basket. I have no issues with "whatever is best for the team"...but at what point do the agents and these players catch on and say I am not signing with the Pats/BB? 

Hey, that is just part of the business. And note that it is not unusual for BB to ask someone back some time after they have been released. ANd they come back. 

It is not - for most players - as personal as you make it. It is a job. And this is a premier team. It gives you a shot at adding something to your resume. And more, to maybe being on a team in the playoffs and maybe even in the SB. 

Most players know the score when they get here. And so most will be happy to come back if they get that call.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

This thread could be an overreaction ...  KIck returns open up sometimes and there is a hole.  Most itmes not.    LW probly got a couple great blocks and a few holds and he popped one.  So what...?  could have been anyone.  Bigger issue was the drop he had when he was here.

2nd bigger issue is who cares about guys who have moved on?  how about a welker, woodhead ,Washington thread...?  

Maybe BB just cuts guys alphabetically...  hey Zoltans gone too..!

wait a minute, you mean he actually was targeted in the offense while here?? I sure cant remember. Must have been early.  Either way its no biggie like you said. Boyce will get better each week and our special teams overall have been great so more of a head scratcher than a complaint.

he dropped a punt...   oh well .    Hey didn't anyone think the part about cutting players alphabetically was funny...? 

Sections
Shortcuts