Any speculation on the Monster Colts trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Any speculation on the Monster Colts trade?

Belichick would never use a first round pick on a running back...err.  Never mind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

aren't the pats a little thin at running back right now?  Isn't Maroney available?  He knows the system. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

where'd everyone go?  remembering the glory days of their not long ago first round running back?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Yeah we took that bum donald brown- oh wait that was you guys

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

Yeah we took that bum donald brown- oh wait that was you guys

Excuse me?  Not sure I was the one slamming the use of a first round pick for an RB.  That was a bunch of pats fans with intentionally short memories. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I could be wrong but I think Cleveland has 2 1sts 2 2nds and 2 fourths.....seems pretty ideal if you want to rebuild a team. Conceivably, Cleveland could get Clowney and the 2nd  best WR in the first round and turn around and draft Mc Carron in the 2nd. As mentioned this 2014 draft could be deep for QBs.

Also an ideal partner to trade up or down with....gives GM plenty of flexibility.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

aren't the pats a little thin at running back right now?  Isn't Maroney available?  He knows the system. 

You have nothing to say. We walked from guys like BJGE and Woodhead, both UDFAs, who blow away anything on your roster right now.

Your team isn't built yet and Irsay thinks it is. Colossal mistake.  You dom't mortgage drafts in the future when you aren't close to winning it all.

You rented a lot of players this year as a bridge year, with a flat cap and so many guys gone from last year, and no coach with cancer to rally the troops, you'll be in a different spot, especially with Arians gone.

Transition year. Grigson panicked. Period.

Nothing??  Nothing at all??? 

I have questions which you didn't answer - aren't you a little thin at RB right now?  Isn't Maroney available?  so your team walked from players while being thin at the position?  Doesn't sound smart to me.  And these guys are better than Bradshaw and Richardson?  Russ, I think you might be a littel high right now.  Or maybe you have the fever. 

Just because you aped the anticipation of most pundits that the colts may have a setback this year doesn't mean the reigning GM of the year should sit back on laurels and claim his work is done.  Would your beloved Belichick ever do such a thing? 

Hey, do you remember when Belichick fleeced the NFL by trading his first round pick in 2009 for Darius Butler, Brandon Tate, and Tyrone McKenzie?  That was a haul of epic proportions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

I could be wrong but I think Cleveland has 2 1sts 2 2nds and 2 fourths.....seems pretty ideal if you want to rebuild a team. Conceivably, Cleveland could get Clowney and the 2nd  best WR in the first round and turn around and draft Mc Carron in the 2nd. As mentioned this 2014 draft could be deep for QBs.

Also an ideal partner to trade up or down with....gives GM plenty of flexibility.

I think the trade makes alot of sense for both teams. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

You have nothing to say. We walked from guys like BJGE and Woodhead, both UDFAs, who blow away anything on your roster right now.

Your team isn't built yet and Irsay thinks it is. Colossal mistake.  You dom't mortgage drafts in the future when you aren't close to winning it all.

You rented a lot of players this year as a bridge year, with a flat cap and so many guys gone from last year, and no coach with cancer to rally the troops, you'll be in a different spot, especially with Arians gone.

Transition year. Grigson panicked. Period.

Yes, QueenieFiddyK, Woodhead and BJGE just blow away Ballard and Trent.  What an idiot you are.  They were so great that BB "walked away" from them to hand things over to 'fumbles' Ridley and 2nd round bust Vereen.  Bwahahahahahahaha!  How's that working out?

Tell us more about how every other team has "rental players" but the patsies have great FA pickups.  A Wilson & Talib are in Bb's long term plans, right?  What a tool!  

A team with a rookie QB goes 11-5 and makes the playoffs after moving on from Manning and you call it a transition year.  You are a complete moron.  But then again, you're the genius that claimed from 2008-2011 BB was "rebuilding".  

Well certainly Ocho and Haynesworth are in their long term plans.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

UD6- What's up?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

UD6- What's up?

Hey Rock - How are ya?  Where'd Rusty go.  I was just getting warmed up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

UD6- What's up?

Hey Rock - How are ya?  Where'd Rusty go.  I was just getting warmed up.

His mother ripped his favorite poster off the wall in the basement so he is depressed....

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

given Lombard's resume, why would anyone have faith in the decisions he makes?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I was listening to a little Scott Ferrall this evening as I was driving and the dude was going off on the Browns over this trade.  Thought it was a horrible trade by the Browns and a good deal for the Colts. Blamed the Browns for tanking this season.  It was hilarious!  He had some solid points too.  Couldn't believe the Browns would bail on their early draft picks like that after just one season.

Also had some great stuff about the crazy Redskins fans who are calling for Kirk Cousins to start over RG3.

Scotty Ferrall is freaking solid in his sports takes!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Speaking of the Browns...

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I can see why each team made this trade.  The pros and cons of drafting an RB in the 1st rd aside, Indy gets the RB they need and Cleveland is rebuilding (again).  If the Browns use their mult picks wisely this could be huge for them. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't know that I'd be so negative about this trade. Richardson in Indy, vs Richardson in Cleveland, are two different players. One is 'the show' the other merely complements a passing attack. Plus, for a chunky little RB Richardson is actually a pretty gifted receiver out of the backfield, which suits what Indy does.

That said, no RB is worth a first rounder, but I'd imagine that Indy probably thinks they won't be getting a very good first rounder because their division isn't terrific, and they may eke into the playoffs again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Sounds like a panic trade to me.  The Colts offensive line isn't that great and Richardson needs a good o-line to play behind.  Browns stole a first rounder for a guy who is averaging 3.5 yards per carry in his short career.  But hey!  Irsay called it a monster trade on Twitter so it MUST be exciting for the Colts and all 10 of their fans that didn't jump ship when Peyton went to the Broncos.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Hmmmm...Richardson could not stay on the field nor would I consider him worthy of a first. Colts got suckered and Cleveland is setting themselves up for a very deep QB draft next spring.

I think you are alone in that thinking. Trent is a known commodity and getting a pick which who knows who it will be was a risk. Its obvious the Browns are giving up on the season just 2 games in and are taking their assets and getting something back and starting over. They want to be a passing team. Colts are a much better team and legit now. Browns will continue to S *ck and there is no garuantee their QB will be available or be the saviour and this after just drafting Weeden???  WHat a mess? I guess Lombardi is trying to start over. Cant blame him but that would s*ck as a fan knowing my team quit 2 games in a division in flux and ripe for the picking. What a Shame

This team saw a weakness and went for a RB to complete their young QB. Anyone pointing to Richardsons average...well you arent seeing the whole picture. With no QB and seeing 8 in the box, of course he averaged 3.5 but you dont think the guy is talented?? He is the closest to AP you can get. Has all the tools you want. He makes Luck job easier now as defenses cant key everything in the passing game. I think its a great move for the Colts.

Sections
Shortcuts