Any trade predictions to shore up the weak spots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Any trade predictions to shore up the weak spots?

I have to be thinking that BB is not exactly satisfied with many of the personnel he has this year at some spots and may be pursuing trades prior to the season start. 

The Pats seem strong and loaded at receiver, but weak at both lines, LBs and arguably DBs, IMO.

Who do you think he may pursue and for what/whom?  Please, no ridiculous dream trades, as fun as they can be to make in March. Real world, please.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Any trade predictions to shore up the weak spots?

Chris

I think the waiver wire is more likely, and I'm waiting to see the list of cuts. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

Agreed. If anything, waiver is it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Two words: 

Hank Poteat

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Take your #1 draft pick from OAK and give it back to them for their SHUT DOWN CORNER!! - Nnamdi Asomugha! This guy is a stud! -

That would certainely sure up things in the Defensive backfield.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

What weak spots?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No one is trading for anything. If someone is cut they may kick some tires. But giving up draft picks for marginal guys mid-season is poor form. On top of that, I can't think of a single player available that would actually help this team. 

OL and DL (especially) and OLB are not spots where teams give away talent. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Any trade predictions to shore up the weak spots?:
    [QUOTE]No one is trading for anything. If someone is cut they may kick some tires. But giving up draft picks for marginal guys mid-season is poor form. On top of that, I can't think of a single player available that would actually help this team.  OL and DL (especially) and OLB are not spots where teams give away talent. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Panic

Hardly seems like BB fits this description.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Two words:  Hank Poteat
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

is willie mcginnest walking through the door too?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Anybody think they call (DONT LAUGH) Shawn Springs?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Oh MAN , did someone just say Shawn Springs? We must be in trouble LOL! Listen almost any team , at any time , can wonder ... Ok , this guy would sure up our DB problem. When cant you say that? Its week 1 , this is it. What you see , is what you get. That said , yea they can make a move before the deadline if they really think they have a shot. Listen what Pat fan wouldnt want Scrabble in their secondary? LOL Im all for bringing in Nnamdi or Peppers , or why not just trade both our number ones , a two and three and see if we can get Ware from big D. Sorry if Im coming off like an az zhole , not my intention at all. It just seems that Pats fans have become so spoiled as of late. We havent even played a game yet. Not trying to single you , but you did start the thread. And Im not saying wanting a trade makes you a brat fanboy. Its more than that , tough to explain. Anyway , lets at least see what we have here before thinking about trading or getting Shawn Springs. Just think about this for a minute , but whens the last time BB has let us down. He actually gave me hope in 08' when 12 went down for the count. Matt Cassell was lucky if he hit air and I really though we had a shot , it was a crazy year. Seriously , it looked like Matt Cassell saw a stop sign when he tried to throw the ball more than 11 yards. But all I heard that season , was " no - one wants to see us in the playoffs ". LOL Well they got their wish. Listen , truth be told we need a lil' more than just a DB , but I really like this team. And its not like we dont have talent. I see talent everywhere except OLB , and I think they will be a lil' better than lasy year. Lets take a deep breathe and see what we have. And we wont know that until at least week 4. If by then theres a real need , then hey Im all for it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Chris I think the waiver wire is more likely, and I'm waiting to see the list of cuts. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

I agree, the waiver wire is more likely, but my point was about trades, since it generally leads to a flashier, riskier transaction.  The wire is for cast-offs. Not as "sexy" as a trade, if you will.

Shawn Springs, LOL.  Can you imagine?  There is a hurricane coming Saturday - would he be late for practice?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any trade predictions to shore up the weak spots? : I agree, the waiver wire is more likely, but my point was about trades, since it generally leads to a flashier, riskier transaction.  The wire is for cast-offs. Not as "sexy" as a trade, if you will. Shawn Springs, LOL.  Can you imagine?  There is a hurricane coming Saturday - would he be late for practice?
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

They did trade for Burgess last year, the Raiders twice for WRs, Ojinnaka, and a few other guys that didn't pan out (the TE from Tampa, for instance).  So you're right, a trade could happen.  But at the positions they need?  CB, DE/OLB?  Maybe so, just don't know who is available.  

Maybe they could trade for the best available Raider since BB and Davis seem to do business pretty often.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Move mankins for sure.  MAybe a RB.Need Oline, OLB, DE, CB or RB.  Not all, but any upgrades at these spots will make a difference.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Move mankins for sure.  MAybe a RB.Need Oline, OLB, DE, CB or RB.  Not all, but any upgrades at these spots will make a difference.
    Posted by adam4522[/QUOTE]

I agree, Mankins is poison to the Pats.  But don't they need to trade for another OL?  I think they are deep at RB.  DE and OLB, yeah, there is a need.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Please with the Springs speak! I'm just finishing my therapy from the Daune Starks experiment.