I guess UD is not exceptional.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=indystar%20colts%20forum

Smile

Justification baby

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Any Worries About Colts?

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

None. Their defense stinks. Shut down Luck, Hilton and Donald brown. simple as that

Hmmm.  As a Colt fan, that's exactly what I was thinking about the Pats.  Defense stinks.  Shut down Brady and (snicker) Edelman...simple as that. 

...seriously, though, we Colt fans were pulling hard for the Bolts b/c NE is such an easier draw than Peyton...I mean, Denver.  But, I realize that an away playoff game in a tough venue like Foxboro means that the Pats have the advantage.  I'm just happy the colts get the chance, and i hope they have security experts sweep the locker room for bugs.

THAT!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I like the way you guys are thinking, but I doubt your team is as over-confident as y'all are.  All the talk about Luck's three interceptions...but what you miss is that the Colts put up 45 points against a MUCH better D than the Pats' have...

THAT! THAT!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

None. Their defense stinks. Shut down Luck, Hilton and Donald brown. simple as that

Hmmm.  As a Colt fan, that's exactly what I was thinking about the Pats.  Defense stinks.  Shut down Brady and (snicker) Edelman...simple as that. 

...seriously, though, we Colt fans were pulling hard for the Bolts b/c NE is such an easier draw than Peyton...I mean, Denver.  But, I realize that an away playoff game in a tough venue like Foxboro means that the Pats have the advantage.  I'm just happy the colts get the chance, and i hope they have security experts sweep the locker room for bugs.

you dont have worry about the heat being turned up to sauna level and the piped in noise cranked up while on offense right julie

Nah, just field manipulation and electronic survellance devices. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

In response to freediro's comment:

I am worried about their screen game to Brown and the fact Luck can get all scrambly with his legs and pick up long yards worries me most. I am also usually worried about TEs but Fleener isn't that good, if we can chop block him well and still get pressure I am not too worried. Not worried about Richardson at all.

I also agree with others here that BB should put a speedy CB on TY with help over the top and have Talib cover another guy by himself, leaving McCourty free to take on Fleener or cover deep in the zone defense.  I am willing to give Hightower some slack in coverage based on the last few games, in bad weather I think he can play well. But a lot of that hinges on Jones and Nink creating some consistent pressure.

I think ur right about Luck scrambling, will have to contain him, collapse the pocket whenever possible. I expect him to throw a lot of long balls, so, hopefully our dBs aren't hanging all over their receivers.

Anyone know anything about the Colts OL?

I think they've started more lineups than any team in the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Pats vs Colts Saturday night in the cold, I will take it.

Only bad part will be Dierdorf will be calling the game on tv.

I agree he is so hard to listen too-- worst football anouncer-thank God this is his last game-I hope he doesn't jinx the Pats?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

udogg, what do you think about the matchup?

I think the colts are the easy underdog (no pun intended).  I think they will leave it all on the field.  I have counted them out too many times before and been wrong.  I have personally seen them have their heads handed to them in the worst way. 

I have no idea what to think about the match up.  The colts are the ultimate wild card. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Granted, it was a season ago, but, on 11/18/2012..  Pats 59 - Colts 24..  Luck threw for over 300 yds, 2 TDs, but, THREE picks!!!!  Would anyone say the Pats D is worse or better than the one that Luck faced in 2012?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

The Colts are the worst team to make the playoffs.  Unfortunately the Pats have shown the ability to lose to teams worse than them.  So I'm happy with the draw but am still worried.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Nah. just worry it won't be a shoot-out game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:

The Colts are the worst team to make the playoffs.  Unfortunately the Pats have shown the ability to lose to teams worse than them.  So I'm happy with the draw but am still worried.

Maybe, but here they are. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:

I think they're at least better than the Bengals. If Andrew Luck was leading Cincy today instead of Dalton, we'd be playing Cincy next week. I agree that the Colts are one of the weaker playoff teams in terms of talent on both sides of the ball. But honestly, so are we.

Colts, like us, are good at maximizing what they have on their roster. Teams like Cincy and KC are not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think the colts are the easy underdog (no pun intended).  I think they will leave it all on the field.  I have counted them out too many times before and been wrong.  I have personally seen them have their heads handed to them in the worst way. 

I have no idea what to think about the match up.  The colts are the ultimate wild card. 

So are you a Peyton Manning fan or a Colts fan... or both?  Who did you root for when they played each other this season?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

To me the Colts will always be defined by their gutless decision not to go for the undefeated season when they had a chance at football immortality - a chance the Pats were gutsy enough to take even though it didn't work out. To Manning's eternal credit I believe he wanted to do it, but was overruled.

Guts (Patriots) over Cowardice (Colts) - that's how the franchises are defined. 

i should give the Colts credit for having the awareness that Manning was not going to win them another Super Bowl given Rex Grossman's departure from the NFL. So, tanking the season and getting Andrew Luck was indeed a savvy move.

Though the Colts deserve some credit for unleashing Tony Dungy on the media pundit world, where he is now in the heat of competition for the most sanctimonious person on earth. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

That said i do take the Colts seriously as an opponent, they are fully capable of beating an injury-depleted Pats team this weekend. Luck has the ability to lead his team to a road win, his leadership concerns me the most. I'm going Pats 38 Colts 34.

And I think Luck is the real deal, pains me to say it but I see a Super Bowl ring in his future. Maybe more than one. But not this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Your way could work, but I'm almost certain BB will go Arrington and McCourty.

You may be right but that scares me cause i do not like fleener vs gregory. McCourty vs fleener sounds a lot better to me. Fleener can hurt us, we struggle vs TEs.

Most likely, Collins will take on Fleener or Talib picks him up and Dennard take on Rogers.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Talib suffers against the speedsters, like Steve Smith and T.Y. Hilton last year even. BB put Arrington on Wallace the last time we played Miami and had McCourty hover over them. I think Wallace caught one ball that game.

Wallace scored on them in that game. I think he went over 100 yards too

Not on Arrington and McCourty. Cole and Gregory.

THAT!

We have the personnel to take out T.Y. Hilton, you don't have the personel to stop Edelman since we know all too well how much Darius Butler sucks. And how easily you write off Ridley and Blount, I hope Pagano thinks like you. Would love to foce Blount down your throats.

Also, don't count out Dobson. He might give it a go.

I like the way you guys are thinking, but I doubt your team is as over-confident as y'all are.  All the talk about Luck's three interceptions...but what you miss is that the Colts put up 45 points against a MUCH better D than the Pats' have...

THAT! THAT!

Kansas City's defense IS NOT better than New England's.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

LOL...this morons man love for Mr 8 TIME 1 AND DONE is comical....nobody has choked more in playoffs!!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

So are you a Peyton Manning fan or a Colts fan... or both?  Who did you root for when they played each other this season?

Colts fan.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

To me the Colts will always be defined by their gutless decision not to go for the undefeated season when they had a chance at football immortality - a chance the Pats were gutsy enough to take even though it didn't work out. To Manning's eternal credit I believe he wanted to do it, but was overruled.

Guts (Patriots) over Cowardice (Colts) - that's how the franchises are defined. 

i should give the Colts credit for having the awareness that Manning was not going to win them another Super Bowl given Rex Grossman's departure from the NFL. So, tanking the season and getting Andrew Luck was indeed a savvy move.

Though the Colts deserve some credit for unleashing Tony Dungy on the media pundit world, where he is now in the heat of competition for the most sanctimonious person on earth. 

I thought stats didn't matter to pats fans, at least that's what I am always told when discussing Manning and Brady.  The great and difficult irony is that undefeated season.  When the pats selfishly attempted to go for it all and lost, you fans were left with maintaining this hypocritical stance - that that was important  - while disdanining all other records. Then again we all knew you were hypocritical when you celebrated Brady's TD record until it was no longer his. 

How much guts did it take to win those championships amidst a great cheating scandal.  Gutsy stuff indeed. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

Yes, that was KC's plan, as well.  NE doesn't have anywhere close to as good of a D as KC.

KC's D got gassed with the colts no huddle, our D pracices against our no huddle -  apples and oranges!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Am I worried about the Colts? A bit, that O when it wants can just turn it into a track meet and Brown is a good enough RB to take advantage of our weaker run D. However, coming into the freezing cold (expected Sat night) I am less concerned about them then I would have been about Cinn and KC truthfully so to me this was the best case scenerio for the Pats. I also think SD has a shot of knocking Den out which would give us the easiest route to the SB imo

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Am I worried about the Colts? A bit, that O when it wants can just turn it into a track meet and Brown is a good enough RB to take advantage of our weaker run D. However, coming into the freezing cold (expected Sat night) I am less concerned about them then I would have been about Cinn and KC truthfully so to me this was the best case scenerio for the Pats. I also think SD has a shot of knocking Den out which would give us the easiest route to the SB imo

Well, they disposed of KC in the freezing cold, so Im not sure that's much of an advantage.

I don't think Luck wears mittens.

• Sections
    Shortcuts