Any Worries About Colts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Any Worries About Colts?

I would be concerned a bit with Donald Brown who always seems to have a few big runs. I could see him getting out in the open field. Also we need someone to slow down Hilton and Talib is not very good vs the smaller shiftier guys like Hilton so lets hope Dennard can get his hands on him and slow him down. If its Arrington out there vs Hilton.... Say Goodnight!

Outside of that, should be a good game early and we then we close the door on them in the 2nd half. Vontae Davis is hurting and we should be able to run on the edges

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Am I worried about the Colts? A bit, that O when it wants can just turn it into a track meet and Brown is a good enough RB to take advantage of our weaker run D. However, coming into the freezing cold (expected Sat night) I am less concerned about them then I would have been about Cinn and KC truthfully so to me this was the best case scenerio for the Pats. I also think SD has a shot of knocking Den out which would give us the easiest route to the SB imo

Well, they disposed of KC in the freezing cold, so Im not sure that's much of an advantage.

I don't think Luck wears mittens.

Um, wasn't this game in Indy's cozy dome?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to kevin13130's comment:

Two things: cover T.Y. Hilton with a speedster (not Talib, maybe Arrington & a safety), and don't let Luck run around. Pretty confident we'll handle their defense.

no talib is best option. Talib will beat up TY off the line and wont even let him downfield

Like he did with Steve Smith?  No thnks.  Talib cant stay with Hilton...Trust me! His thing is playing physical with bigger guys. Unfortunately we may see Arrington there but he needs help over the top if so. Logan Ryan I want to trust but I dont think he is quite there yet. The guy is explosive and fearless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Oh Yea gotta keep the Caveman from Scrambling too. Make no mistake BB is gonna take Luck back to the stone ages with a gameplan chipped out on a big peice of stone!

-This message was brought to by Geico! "So easy, a caveman can do it."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Am I worried about the Colts? A bit, that O when it wants can just turn it into a track meet and Brown is a good enough RB to take advantage of our weaker run D. However, coming into the freezing cold (expected Sat night) I am less concerned about them then I would have been about Cinn and KC truthfully so to me this was the best case scenerio for the Pats. I also think SD has a shot of knocking Den out which would give us the easiest route to the SB imo

Well, they disposed of KC in the freezing cold, so Im not sure that's much of an advantage.

Yesterday was, yes.  The week 16 win was in 20 degree weather @ KC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Yesterday was, yes.  The week 16 win was in 20 degree weather @ KC.

Understood.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I would be concerned a bit with Donald Brown who always seems to have a few big runs. I could see him getting out in the open field. Also we need someone to slow down Hilton and Talib is not very good vs the smaller shiftier guys like Hilton so lets hope Dennard can get his hands on him and slow him down. If its Arrington out there vs Hilton.... Say Goodnight!

Outside of that, should be a good game early and we then we close the door on them in the 2nd half. Vontae Davis is hurting and we should be able to run on the edges

Wouldn't worry about Brown, our run defense stabilized when we got Siliga.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Wouldn't worry about Brown, our run defense stabilized when we got Siliga.

I hope so. D.Brown is a back who gets his even with a bad line. Trent was doing squat but D.B. always gets his. I hope you are right. The less we have to worry about the better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

To me the Colts will always be defined by their gutless decision not to go for the undefeated season when they had a chance at football immortality - a chance the Pats were gutsy enough to take even though it didn't work out. To Manning's eternal credit I believe he wanted to do it, but was overruled.

Guts (Patriots) over Cowardice (Colts) - that's how the franchises are defined. 

i should give the Colts credit for having the awareness that Manning was not going to win them another Super Bowl given Rex Grossman's departure from the NFL. So, tanking the season and getting Andrew Luck was indeed a savvy move.

Though the Colts deserve some credit for unleashing Tony Dungy on the media pundit world, where he is now in the heat of competition for the most sanctimonious person on earth. 

I thought stats didn't matter to pats fans, at least that's what I am always told when discussing Manning and Brady.  The great and difficult irony is that undefeated season.  When the pats selfishly attempted to go for it all and lost, you fans were left with maintaining this hypocritical stance - that that was important  - while disdanining all other records. Then again we all knew you were hypocritical when you celebrated Brady's TD record until it was no longer his. 

How much guts did it take to win those championships amidst a great cheating scandal.  Gutsy stuff indeed. 

This is why you are not respected here.  You know this is nonsense but you go to it and show your azz

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

To me the Colts will always be defined by their gutless decision not to go for the undefeated season when they had a chance at football immortality - a chance the Pats were gutsy enough to take even though it didn't work out. To Manning's eternal credit I believe he wanted to do it, but was overruled.

i should give the Colts credit for having the awareness that Manning was not going to win them another Super Bowl given Rex Grossman's departure from the NFL. So, tanking the season and getting Andrew Luck was indeed a savvy move.

Though the Colts deserve some credit for unleashing Tony Dungy on the media pundit world, where he is now in the heat of competition for the most sanctimonious person on earth. 

I thought stats didn't matter to pats fans, at least that's what I am always told when discussing Manning and Brady.  The great and difficult irony is that undefeated season.  When the pats selfishly attempted to go for it all and lost, you fans were left with maintaining this hypocritical stance - that that was important  - while disdanining all other records. Then again we all knew you were hypocritical when you celebrated Brady's TD record until it was no longer his. 

How much guts did it take to win those championships amidst a great cheating scandal.  Gutsy stuff indeed. 

This is why you are not respected here.  You know this is nonsense but you go to it and show your azz

LOL - Do you think you can just throw out unsubstantiated jabs without an expectation of getting it back in return?  Don't act like an east coast entitled elitest. Don't be such a wuss.  

Remember - you are the Troll Spanker.  LOL!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Interesting response, UD, considering whenever discussions occur comparing Manning and Brady always come down to stats.  So, when Pats fans use stats, to bolster their position, you scoff at them for it?  As you celebrate Manning's statistical successes, to think Pats' fans can't for Brady is quite disengenuous.

Secondly, do you really understand what "spygate" was about?  Amazing the conclusion many have come to regarding that "filming from an illegal location" mess as having an impact on the Pats successes over the years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Plenty to be worried about, but more to be optimistic about. Take out TY Hilton as number one priority, Donald Brown as number two, and Luck will have to win with the likes of Coby Fleener. IF DMC, Talib, Dennard, Arrington, and Ryan are all good to go, then I have faith that they can limit the Colts to somewhere around 21-24 points. That should be enough.

Mathis is - as always - a handfull, but otherwise their D isn't scary. When KC - without J. Charles for most of the game - can score 44 points on them, they obviously cannot be very good. Blount/Ridley will run rampant, and Brady will make Butler and the rest of that secondary feel like they should have chosen some other way to make a living. They are gonna score at least 30 points on the Colts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

Plenty to be worried about, but more to be optimistic about. Take out TY Hilton as number one priority, Donald Brown as number two, and Luck will have to win with the likes of Coby Fleener. IF DMC, Talib, Dennard, Arrington, and Ryan are all good to go, then I have faith that they can limit the Colts to somewhere around 21-24 points. That should be enough.

Mathis is - as always - a handfull, but otherwise their D isn't scary. When KC - without J. Charles for most of the game - can score 44 points on them, they obviously cannot be very good. Blount/Ridley will run rampant, and Brady will make Butler and the rest of that secondary feel like they should have chosen some other way to make a living. They are gonna score at least 30 points on the Colts.

well thats what I was thinking but I chose the 'respect your opponent" approach.  I also think this comes down to stopping Hilton/D.Brown and limit Cavemans chances to scramble, its a wrap. They are playing on the road now and coming off an emotional win and like you said, their D gave up 44 to the conservative Alex Smith. Cant wait to see Landry seperate his shoulder trying to knock out Big Blount!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The only thing that worries me about the Colts game is keeping the injuries to a minimum for when the Patriots play for the AFC Championship.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Interesting response, UD, considering whenever discussions occur comparing Manning and Brady always come down to stats.  So, when Pats fans use stats, to bolster their position, you scoff at them for it?  As you celebrate Manning's statistical successes, to think Pats' fans can't for Brady is quite disengenuous.

Secondly, do you really understand what "spygate" was about?  Amazing the conclusion many have come to regarding that "filming from an illegal location" mess as having an impact on the Pats successes over the years.

Yep - so when the team consciously decides that stats don't matter - whether or not individuals think otherwise- that's their path and it helped take the team to the superbowl by allowing players to get healthy. 

I am sure that Manning and the players wanted to go for it.  Fans did too, but we all wanted the colts to have an opportunity for a superbowl.  The colts got to the superbowl.  Mission accomplished at least as far as resting starters was concerned. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Worries. Worries you say?  Worried about a team that ONLY beat KC, Denver, Seahawks, 49ers, etc.  You ask me if I'm worried?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Seriously, all trolling aside, I'm looking forward to this weekend's game.  When the Colts were down 28 to the Chiefs two minutes into the second half, I was thinking, "If the Colts pull this out I will just enjoy the rest of the playoffs as a bonus to a largely successful season."  I admit that I was rooting strongly for the Chargers yesterday, because I felt it would provide easier games for both Indy and Denver (and all of us Colt fans are still rooting for Manning against anyone but Indy). 

However, I've been very impressed with NE's ability to pull out victories this year despite their injuries.  (Wolfork, in particular, had to kill.)  And it's hard to predict a team QBed by a young, inconsistent QB to win at Foxboro.  However, part of his inconsistency is that sometimes he's very, very good.  Despite what you guys are all saying, the Colts can very easily put 45 up on NE's D and win this game.  But, like I said, I'm just going to enjoy the game...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:

Seriously, all trolling aside, I'm looking forward to this weekend's game.  When the Colts were down 28 to the Chiefs two minutes into the second half, I was thinking, "If the Colts pull this out I will just enjoy the rest of the playoffs as a bonus to a largely successful season."  I admit that I was rooting strongly for the Chargers yesterday, because I felt it would provide easier games for both Indy and Denver (and all of us Colt fans are still rooting for Manning against anyone but Indy). 

However, I've been very impressed with NE's ability to pull out victories this year despite their injuries.  (Wolfork, in particular, had to kill.)  And it's hard to predict a team QBed by a young, inconsistent QB to win at Foxboro.  However, part of his inconsistency is that sometimes he's very, very good.  Despite what you guys are all saying, the Colts can very easily put 45 up on NE's D and win this game.  But, like I said, I'm just going to enjoy the game...

I see Luck as the best QB to come out of an NFL draft since you know who...and that includes Russell Wilson, Kaepernick, and Cam Newton. Though Kap, Newton and Wilson have perhaps made greater strides team-wise, all have good running games and strong defenses to back them up. What does Luck have? Luck also has a rather suspect OL. The guy has made a star out of WR TY Hilton, after Reggie Wayne went down. Luck is Elway-like. With him at QB, the Colts are in good hands for the next decade.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

None. Their defense stinks. Shut down Luck, Hilton and Donald brown. simple as that

Yes, that was KC's plan, as well.  NE doesn't have anywhere close to as good of a D as KC.

KC's D got gassed with the colts no huddle, our D pracices against our no huddle -  apples and oranges!

another good point

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Oh Yea gotta keep the Caveman from Scrambling too. Make no mistake BB is gonna take Luck back to the stone ages with a gameplan chipped out on a big peice of stone!

Picture is not funny dude

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

My biggest concern is having to put up with a week's worth of "Luck" puns in the headlines of articles.

When is this guy going to retire?  I knew before he was drafted it would be bad, but nothing prepared me for the sheer quantity of "Luck" puns in every... single.. article.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:

None. Their defense stinks. Shut down Luck, Hilton and Donald brown. simple as that

Hmmm.  As a Colt fan, that's exactly what I was thinking about the Pats.  Defense stinks.  Shut down Brady and (snicker) Edelman...simple as that. 

...seriously, though, we Colt fans were pulling hard for the Bolts b/c NE is such an easier draw than Peyton...I mean, Denver.  But, I realize that an away playoff game in a tough venue like Foxboro means that the Pats have the advantage.  I'm just happy the colts get the chance, and i hope they have security experts sweep the locker room for bugs.

Our defense didn't give up 44 points to a second rate offense like KC's. Plus the Colts defense gave up 40 points and 42 points to the Cardnials and Bungles.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

you mean you didnt lol not funny or I offended you not funny?  I wouldnt want to offend but if its just not funny I can live with that.  I meant for my comments to be more funnier than the pic. I guess I failed either way

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

you mean you didnt lol not funny or I offended you not funny?  I wouldnt want to offend but if its just not funny I can live with that.  I meant for my comments to be more funnier than the pic. I guess I failed either way

the picture. why go there? kinda dehumanizing picking on his appearance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

the picture. why go there? kinda dehumanizing picking on his appearance.

I LOL'd!

Sections
Shortcuts