Any Worries About Colts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Re: Any Worries About Colts?

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To me the Colts will always be defined by their gutless decision not to go for the undefeated season when they had a chance at football immortality - a chance the Pats were gutsy enough to take even though it didn't work out. To Manning's eternal credit I believe he wanted to do it, but was overruled.

Guts (Patriots) over Cowardice (Colts) - that's how the franchises are defined. 

i should give the Colts credit for having the awareness that Manning was not going to win them another Super Bowl given Rex Grossman's departure from the NFL. So, tanking the season and getting Andrew Luck was indeed a savvy move.

Though the Colts deserve some credit for unleashing Tony Dungy on the media pundit world, where he is now in the heat of competition for the most sanctimonious person on earth. 

[/QUOTE]

I thought stats didn't matter to pats fans, at least that's what I am always told when discussing Manning and Brady.  The great and difficult irony is that undefeated season.  When the pats selfishly attempted to go for it all and lost, you fans were left with maintaining this hypocritical stance - that that was important  - while disdanining all other records. Then again we all knew you were hypocritical when you celebrated Brady's TD record until it was no longer his. 

How much guts did it take to win those championships amidst a great cheating scandal.  Gutsy stuff indeed. 

[/QUOTE]

This is why you are not respected here.  You know this is nonsense but you go to it and show your azz

[/QUOTE]

LOL - Do you think you can just throw out unsubstantiated jabs without an expectation of getting it back in return?  Don't act like an east coast entitled elitest. Don't be such a wuss.  

Remember - you are the Troll Spanker.  LOL!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Confused much?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Colts were the only team to survive the fraud round, only because they played another fraud team in KC...If colts were in a real division without 3 losing teams that they played twice, they are 8-8...Didnt they get blown out twice to AZ and the Rams at home? Ive never seen a team blown out in regular season end up in SB....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Oh Yea gotta keep the Caveman from Scrambling too. Make no mistake BB is gonna take Luck back to the stone ages with a gameplan chipped out on a big peice of stone!

-This message was brought to by Geico! "So easy, a caveman can do it."

Picture is not funny dude

[/QUOTE]

you mean you didnt lol not funny or I offended you not funny?  I wouldnt want to offend but if its just not funny I can live with that.  I meant for my comments to be more funnier than the pic. I guess I failed either way

[/QUOTE]

the picture. why go there? kinda dehumanizing picking on his appearance.

[/QUOTE]

really? to say he has a beard that makes him look like the geico caveman?  Ok, thx for letting me know. I will try to be more sensative to his facial features. Do you also have a problem with me talking about Peytons Forehead?  Cuz I do that a lot too. This is the 1st time Ive noticed your sensativity to peoples appearance in years of you posting here but duly noted. If it helps any, Im sure he does ok in  life. That contract will assure him of getting tail if he so chooses. He can always call Peyton for advice. He seemed to not let his forehead get in the way of a good prank. The Legend of  the Ugly QB's continues!!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

UD says he is "purty"!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[/QUOTE]

Our defense didn't give up 44 points to a second rate offense like KC's. Plus the Colts defense gave up 40 points and 42 points to the Cardnials and Bungles.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and we Colt fans were really impressed with your epic home victory over the Cleveland Browns, or your 3-point victory over the 2-14 Texans.  Oh, the two 3-point games against the Jets were impressive as heck too.  As much as y'all like to portray your team as a juggernaut that is likely to stomp the Colts based upon obviously superior talent, several of NE's games show that the talent differential might be in the heads of its most deluded fans...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Oh Yea gotta keep the Caveman from Scrambling too. Make no mistake BB is gonna take Luck back to the stone ages with a gameplan chipped out on a big peice of stone!

-This message was brought to by Geico! "So easy, a caveman can do it."

[/QUOTE]

Picture is not funny dude

[/QUOTE]

you mean you didnt lol not funny or I offended you not funny?  I wouldnt want to offend but if its just not funny I can live with that.  I meant for my comments to be more funnier than the pic. I guess I failed either way

[/QUOTE]

the picture. why go there? kinda dehumanizing picking on his appearance.

[/QUOTE]

really? to say he has a beard that makes him look like the geico caveman?  Ok, thx for letting me know. I will try to be more sensative to his facial features. Do you also have a problem with me talking about Peytons Forehead?  Cuz I do that a lot too. This is the 1st time Ive noticed your sensativity to peoples appearance in years of you posting here but duly noted. If it helps any, Im sure he does ok in  life. That contract will assure him of getting tail if he so chooses. He can always call Peyton for advice. He seemed to not let his forehead get in the way of a good prank. The Legend of  the Ugly QB's continues!!! 

[/QUOTE]

LOL. pooting's forhead is fair game, it's big and fun to laugh at. but compring that young man Andrew Luck  to a an ugly looking caveman is kinda insensitive.

our buddy nitwit posted and ugly looking ogre picture the other day next to a picture of one of our mortal enemies-Suggs. is this what we've become?

the poor kid probably needs some grooming tips from Tom Brady to be more GQ looking-maybe Gigi can put in a good word for Luck with one of he VS freinds. LOL

Luck has more humilty than pooting-which makes him more likeable. He's more team oriented like TB.

Now that pooting has left the dolts i don't consider them public enemy anymore, now it's the donkos.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Our defense didn't give up 44 points to a second rate offense like KC's. Plus the Colts defense gave up 40 points and 42 points to the Cardnials and Bungles.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and we Colt fans were really impressed with your epic home victory over the Cleveland Browns, or your 3-point victory over the 2-14 Texans.  Oh, the two 3-point games against the Jets were impressive as heck too.  As much as y'all like to portray your team as a juggernaut that is likely to stomp the Colts based upon obviously superior talent, several of NE's games show that the talent differential might be in the heads of its most deluded fans...

[/QUOTE]

LOL. I can play titt for tat too. How'd you guys lose to the Rams, 38-8 at home. How's that happen?

And you guys had to come from behind to beat the Texans too, and Oakland.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[/QUOTE]

LOL. pooting's forhead is fair game, it's big and fun to laugh at. but compring that young man Andrew Luck  to a an ugly looking caveman is kinda insensitive.

our buddy nitwit posted and ugly looking ogre picture the other day next to a picture of one of our mortal enemies-Suggs. is this what we've become?

the poor kid probably needs some grooming tips from Tom Brady to be more GQ looking-maybe Gigi can put in a good word for Luck with one of he VS freinds. LOL

Luck has more humilty than pooting-which makes him more likeable. He's more team oriented like TB.

Now that pooting has left the dolts i don't consider them public enemy anymore, now it's the donkos.

[/QUOTE]

It's very funny how obsessed you guys are about a QB's looks.  I used to think your man-crushes on Brady were motivated solely by his on-the-field heroics, but now I'm not so sure.  And it's also funny how Brady reminds me of "Wild Thing" Vaughn at the beginning of Major League II.  Since he's been modeling and posing (in most embarrassing fashion) with his model wife, he hasn't exactly been Mr. Clutch in the playoffs, has he?  Another playoff egg-laying for Mr. Brady on Saturday?  Can't wait to see...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL. I can play titt for tat too. How'd you guys lose to the Rams, 38-8 at home. How's that happen?

[/QUOTE]

I think you're playing tat for titt now...b/c I was already playing titt for tat with a previous poster.  But it's easy to get confused with so many replies...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's very funny how obsessed you guys are about a QB's looks.  I used to think your man-crushes on Brady were motivated solely by his on-the-field heroics, but now I'm not so sure.  And it's also funny how Brady reminds me of "Wild Thing" Vaughn at the beginning of Major League II.  Since he's been modeling and posing (in most embarrassing fashion) with his model wife, he hasn't exactly been Mr. Clutch in the playoffs, has he?  Another playoff egg-laying for Mr. Brady on Saturday?  Can't wait to see...

[/QUOTE]

hey knucklehead, i'm trying give sensitvity training for Andrew Luck to Pats fans and you go and knock Tom Brady because he has a gorgeous wife, won a few SBs and made commercials.

TB has had some glory, and has had some humilty losing some SB's. But he can also claim he's a part of the winningest team in a long while. Who else can say that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you're playing tat for titt now...b/c I was already playing titt for tat with a previous poster.  But it's easy to get confused with so many replies...

[/QUOTE]

maybe you, UD, and coltsbabe can get together and cuddle

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To me the Colts will always be defined by their gutless decision not to go for the undefeated season when they had a chance at football immortality - a chance the Pats were gutsy enough to take even though it didn't work out. To Manning's eternal credit I believe he wanted to do it, but was overruled.

Guts (Patriots) over Cowardice (Colts) - that's how the franchises are defined. 

i should give the Colts credit for having the awareness that Manning was not going to win them another Super Bowl given Rex Grossman's departure from the NFL. So, tanking the season and getting Andrew Luck was indeed a savvy move.

Though the Colts deserve some credit for unleashing Tony Dungy on the media pundit world, where he is now in the heat of competition for the most sanctimonious person on earth. 

[/QUOTE]

I thought stats didn't matter to pats fans, at least that's what I am always told when discussing Manning and Brady.  The great and difficult irony is that undefeated season.  When the pats selfishly attempted to go for it all and lost, you fans were left with maintaining this hypocritical stance - that that was important  - while disdanining all other records. Then again we all knew you were hypocritical when you celebrated Brady's TD record until it was no longer his. 

How much guts did it take to win those championships amidst a great cheating scandal.  Gutsy stuff indeed. 

[/QUOTE]

This is why you are not respected here.  You know this is nonsense but you go to it and show your azz

[/QUOTE]

LOL - Do you think you can just throw out unsubstantiated jabs without an expectation of getting it back in return?  Don't act like an east coast entitled elitest. Don't be such a wuss.  

Remember - you are the Troll Spanker.  LOL!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Confused much?

[/QUOTE]

no...not really.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Colts were the only team to survive the fraud round, only because they played another fraud team in KC...If colts were in a real division without 3 losing teams that they played twice, they are 8-8...Didnt they get blown out twice to AZ and the Rams at home? Ive never seen a team blown out in regular season end up in SB....

[/QUOTE]

didn't they beat the 49ers, seahawks, broncos, and chiefs twice?  I am not one to say the colts are a great team, but by virtue of their wins, they are entitled to a small amount of respect.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hey knucklehead, i'm trying give sensitvity training for Andrew Luck to Pats fans and you go and knock Tom Brady because he has a gorgeous wife, won a few SBs and made commercials.

TB has had some glory, and has had some humilty losing some SB's. But he can also claim he's a part of the winningest team in a long while. Who else can say that?

[/QUOTE]

I'm just trying to educate also.  QBs should be ugly and tough, and I'm a little embarrassed for those who want their QB to be "GQ"...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm just trying to educate also.  QBs should be ugly and tough, and I'm a little embarrassed for those who want their QB to be "GQ"...

[/QUOTE]

LOL. ugly and tough. I think it all goes back to the glory days of the golden boy QB's, Bart Starr, Johnny U., Joe Willie, Troy Aikman, ect,ect. The QB position is a glamour position if you think about.

Truth is, like I said, Luck has alot of humility and has a great toughness about his QB playing. It isn't about how you look, but what you do to get your team to the SB, and win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Playoff games are never easy in the cap era.

I wanted the Bengals and said so before the playoffs started.   Dalton played the poor game that I thought he would.

Luck is a far better QB than Dalton.   And as we all know having TB,  a great QB can make up for a lot of other deficiencies.  I think the stat I heard was Luck is 18-2 in games ending under 7 points.  So there's that.

I expect they'll use Brown a lot for checkdowns and swing passes out of the backfield. 

I saw Fleener favoring his shoulder at the end of the last game.   Maybe it's nothing.  With the focus that the Pats will put on Hilton they must pay a lot of attention to Fleener.

I expect a Pats win, but no blowout.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Pats in blowout..... 34-17....or do i go with rams score of 38-8, or how about cardinals 35-7??

If Colts were still in AFC East they are another 8-8 team at best

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Pats look like killers...last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tale of the tape

Points per game 
    Final '13 ranking: 3rd (27.75) 
    Last season: 1st (34.8) 
    Colts in 2013: Tied-14th (24.43) 

Points allowed 
    Final '13 ranking: 10th (21.1) 
    Last season: Tied-9th (20.6) 
    Colts in 2013: 9th (21.0) 

Third-down offense 
    Final '13 ranking: 
    16th (83 of 221, 37.6 percent) 
    Last season: 1st (110 of 226, 48.7 percent) 
    Colts in 2013: 15th (80 of 213, 37.6 percent) 

Third-down defense 
    Final '13 ranking: 
    26th (98 of 232, 42.2 percent) 
    Last season: 22nd (82 of 205, 40.0 percent) 
    Colts in 2013: 15th (79 of 210, 37.6 percent) 

Turnover differential 
    Final '13 ranking: 8th (plus-9, 29 takeaways, 20 giveaways) 
    Last season: 1st (plus-25, 41 takeaways, 16 giveaways) 
    Colts in 2013: 3rd (plus-13, 27 takeaways, 14 giveaways) 

Red zone offense (based on TD percentage) 
    Final '13 ranking: 15th (36 of 65) 
    Last season: 1st (49 of 70) 
    Colts in 2013: 14th (28 of 50) 

Red zone defense (based on TD percentage) 
    Final '13 ranking: 16th (28 of 50) 
    Last season: 13th (24 of 46) 
    Colts in 2013: 20th (24 of 41)

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4756807/stat-check-colts-at-patriots

[/QUOTE]

Ssssshhhhhh!  You'll spoil this forum's talking points, which center around the notion that the Colts are vastly overmatched!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tale of the tape

Points per game 
    Final '13 ranking: 3rd (27.75) 
    Last season: 1st (34.8) 
    Colts in 2013: Tied-14th (24.43) 

Points allowed 
    Final '13 ranking: 10th (21.1) 
    Last season: Tied-9th (20.6) 
    Colts in 2013: 9th (21.0) 

Third-down offense 
    Final '13 ranking: 
    16th (83 of 221, 37.6 percent) 
    Last season: 1st (110 of 226, 48.7 percent) 
    Colts in 2013: 15th (80 of 213, 37.6 percent) 

Third-down defense 
    Final '13 ranking: 
    26th (98 of 232, 42.2 percent) 
    Last season: 22nd (82 of 205, 40.0 percent) 
    Colts in 2013: 15th (79 of 210, 37.6 percent) 

Turnover differential 
    Final '13 ranking: 8th (plus-9, 29 takeaways, 20 giveaways) 
    Last season: 1st (plus-25, 41 takeaways, 16 giveaways) 
    Colts in 2013: 3rd (plus-13, 27 takeaways, 14 giveaways) 

Red zone offense (based on TD percentage) 
    Final '13 ranking: 15th (36 of 65) 
    Last season: 1st (49 of 70) 
    Colts in 2013: 14th (28 of 50) 

Red zone defense (based on TD percentage) 
    Final '13 ranking: 16th (28 of 50) 
    Last season: 13th (24 of 46) 
    Colts in 2013: 20th (24 of 41)

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4756807/stat-check-colts-at-patriots

[/QUOTE]

so where do you stand Phat? You post stats but give no analysis on what you think about them. What is your point?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

Pats look like killers...last year.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, they did spank the colts last year, and will again this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

This is a belated Christmas gift. The Colts haven't been the same since Wayne got hurt. Sure, they're on a run, but look at the teams they've played recently. Yes, the Chiefs do suck.

This is an ideal match up on 2 levels:

1.) I fully expect the Pats to win against a team with a weak running game, mediocre D, overrated QB (Luck ranks 20th in PFF's Pass Grade), and no big WRs.

2.) If the Pats were to lose this game, it would put to rest any debate on weather or not they are an elite team.

Either way, I'm satisfied with either outcome. I like to see my team win, but I hate BS, and want to leave no doubt as to where my team stands. Losing to the Colts would initiate needed change this offseason.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I cannot wait to come back here after the Colts win and watch everyone have a meltdown. 

[/QUOTE]

See you then

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

The only worry about the Colts that I have is how many times they are going to show that ugly mug of Andy Lucks on tv Saturday evening.  My lady friend gets a bit grossed out every time they show him on tv.  She says it ruins "the mood."

Sections
Shortcuts