Anybody else feel this way?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

After seeing Brady go down to a very questionable (illegal?) tackle, and now Wes Welker to a CHEAP LATE HIT, does anyone else feel that retribution is due to this league? I mean it is really barbaric to say it, but deep down don't we FEEL it? Why should we take this sh*t any longer? I think that it is time to pay the fiddler and take OUT some of these players, like thay are doing (right before our eyes) to us...

Time to make a short list? Or is it too late? Shoulda happened after week 1!!! I think SO!!! Level the playing field!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This is not the sentiment I would want to see on a Pats board. Take this somewhere else. No one should EVER condone purposeful hits as "pay back".

We can all agree about the hit to Welker and there will be fines. Leave it at that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Luckily we have freedom of speech in the USA. However, if you read my post clearly you will see that I was talking about about our FEELINGS. We feel that the players who made these hits should be punished. We don't go out and act like that, but if it happened no hard feelings. I said it is barbaric to say it, but we all FEEL it. Don't deny it. When someone hits our players illegally we automatically wish harm upon them. To deny this is to deny human emotion. Personally I want all of these cheapshots to GO DOWN! However, if I was on the field, I would not do it! If they get what is due to them, however, I would feel that it is DUE!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

That shot was not late or cheap. Wes was the intended receiver, the ball was tipped and still in play. It was nothing more that a hard football hit. I've seen plenty of High School hits just as hard without drawing a flag. Of course, the Steeler player will get fined on this--the NFL of the 21st century doesn't want the players to really play football anyway. Might as well play flag football at this point. Old time players like Butkus and Lambert must be laughing at the flag on this call.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

My reaction to the hit was, "That's football." It was a solid, Pittsburgh-like hit, one that the Pat's used to make when Ty Law roamed the secondary, and when the Pat's actually had a secondary. It wasn't cheap. It was Old School.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

Sure the ball was deflected prior to the hit but the hit was totally unnecessary. No way was Welker going to even have the remotest chance of catching the ball and the db was aware of it. If Rodney would've executed the same hit he would be castrated by the public and league office.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsox3. Show patsox3's posts

The Pats have a bad rep as is from "spy gate". They dont need a rep as a head hunting team. From a personal stand point I dont think hurting players is the way to go. Its a game!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Due Respect pats fans -

This could easily be seen as payback by the Steelers from games past.

The hit does look bad, but take it in context of the player making the hit. Once the pass is thrown, Clark knows who its going to and that he can't get there to break it up. That means it is hit time. Every safety worth his salt (including Harrison and Merriweather) play exactly this way.

He was a bullet at that time and I am not sure he could have stopped himself without potentially hurting himself.

Finally, a tipped ball is a live ball and a receiver is free game. Welker plays tough - big blocks etc. It was a bad situation for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc3pioneer. Show bc3pioneer's posts

In today's NFL Ryan Clark's hit on Wes W. is a penalty and a fineable play but that does not mean that it was not a good play. Wes W. makes a living running that crossing route and Ryan Clark makes his trying to defend against it. Later in the game Steelers tight end H. Miller was the recipient of the same type of hit. The NFL is the toughest sport to play and those hits are the reason why.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

[Quote]

He was a bullet at that time and I am not sure he could have stopped himself without potentially hurting himself.

Finally, a tipped ball is a live ball and a receiver is free game. Welker plays tough - big blocks etc. It was a bad situation for him.[/Quote]

Not true. Taylor planted his feet and launched his shoulder into Welker after the ball was by Welker. He could have simply let his momentum carry him into Welker instead.

If the receiver is "free game" they wouldn't have a "defenseless receiver" rule.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac24. Show mac24's posts

[Quote]

Good to know we'll never run out of idiots here.[/Quote]

I was just thinking the same thing...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I hope we play KC and Pittsburgh in the playoffs just so we can beat the $h!t out of Pollard and Clark.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

CarveMaster, jhb2, underdogg and bc3pioneer: Nail+Head.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

[Quote]In today's NFL Ryan Clark's hit on Wes W. is a penalty and a fineable play but that does not mean that it was not a good play. Wes W. makes a living running that crossing route and Ryan Clark makes his trying to defend against it. Later in the game Steelers tight end H. Miller was the recipient of the same type of hit. The NFL is the toughest sport to play and those hits are the reason why.[/Quote]

Big difference in the two hits. The Steeler TE caught the ball but Welker had zero chance of catching the ball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

[Quote]I hope all of you got that on camera. I hope your recorded it, and watch it over and over again. Like Joey Porter Said about hating the Patriots, you cheated to win the super bowls, got caught, and now you whine like a bunch of kids.

Yeah it was a late hit. But for a team that should have an asterisk by your championships. I think that says it all. All is fair, until you are the ones on the short end of the stick.

Sometimes you get what you got coming to you in life. Maybe it will hold too for your city and how your fans act and treat others. Loosing to the Giants was not enough in terms of Karmah. You still need to be upset 2 more times to make up for your "cheaply won" superbowls. You are no dynasty.[/Quote]

LOL

Feel better, Skippy?

Or do all those Patriots SB wins STILL bother you? :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]Due Respect pats fans -

This could easily be seen as payback by the Steelers from games past.

The hit does look bad, but take it in context of the player making the hit. Once the pass is thrown, Clark knows who its going to and that he can't get there to break it up. That means it is hit time. Every safety worth his salt (including Harrison and Merriweather) play exactly this way.

Finally, a tipped ball is a live ball and a receiver is free game. Welker plays tough - big blocks etc. It was a bad situation for him.[/Quote]

How easy it is to shift from Colts apologist to Steelers apologist.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]I hope all of you got that on camera. I hope your recorded it, and watch it over and over again. Like Joey Porter Said about hating the Patriots, you cheated to win the super bowls, got caught, and now you whine like a bunch of kids.

Yeah it was a late hit. But for a team that should have an asterisk by your championships. I think that says it all. All is fair, until you are the ones on the short end of the stick.

Sometimes you get what you got coming to you in life. Maybe it will hold too for your city and how your fans act and treat others. Loosing to the Giants was not enough in terms of Karmah. You still need to be upset 2 more times to make up for your "cheaply won" superbowls. You are no dynasty.[/Quote]

For the life of me, I will never understand where people like this come from. I am starting to believe that 99% of all human misery is created by illiterates with inferiority complexes and too much alcohol. Sadly, the alcohol is the only thing that makes them bearable.

Hey, low watt, I know this isn't what you meant to say, but as you believe the Pats cheated to win three SBs and their "loosing" to the Giants in the SB was Karmic in nature, then you are saying that the Giants cheated to win the SB. Again, I am reasonably sure you didn't know what that meant when you wrote it, but I would also think that goes for a lot of things in your life.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]Enochroot underdoggy is suffering from......
    [/Quote]

He surely is suffering from something of late. He is generally a decent guy to talk to, but lately has just been trolling.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]Hey (HARDLY)ROADKING1... nice pictures of your attire i hopeTommy Girl didn't charge you for them... NAH! you probably did favors for him for them... is your bike the same pink as the hat? you are a geek!![/Quote]

This doesn't even make sense. Stick with a theme. First you reveal some sort of closet homosexuality then you demonstrate your inferiority issues again. Can you please try and keep to the same personal crisis within the same post.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

No root,

I just think it was not as easy a call as you would to have it be. Once a ball is tipped receivers are fair game, right or wrong. watching the play multiple times, Welker to 1 to 1 1/2 steps before getting throttled. That is not a whole hell of a lot of time.

Additionally, you consider me an apologist, I consider you a hypocrite if you consider this dirty. Pats have known dirty players and some that are on the cusp of it.

I am sure the steeler will get fined, but while I appreciate Welker's play (he reminds me of what Brandon Stokely once was), its a team game and a target is a target.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

m

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]No root,

I just think it was not as easy a call as you would to have it be. Once a ball is tipped receivers are fair game, right or wrong. watching the play multiple times, Welker to 1 to 1 1/2 steps before getting throttled. That is not a whole hell of a lot of time.

Additionally, you consider me an apologist, I consider you a hypocrite if you consider this dirty. Pats have known dirty players and some that are on the cusp of it.

I am sure the steeler will get fined, but while I appreciate Welker's play (he reminds me of what Brandon Stokely once was), its a team game and a target is a target.[/Quote]

On the replay, it was a dirty hit. No, he didn't lead with his helmet, but it was plain that Welker wasn't going to get the tipped ball. The defender knew that and hauled off anyway. That is cheap. It was called on the field as unnecessary. It will be fined and I think rather heavily.

The point is not the player that got hit, but the action of the player doing the hitting. Point the finger in that direction. This guy plants himself and launches into Welker knowing he doesn't have the ball. That is cheap and that is dirty. If Welker had made contact with the ball, the hit would be fine - excellent in fact - and just part of the reason why I watch football. It is the fact that he hits him knowing he doesn't have the ball that makes it a cheap shot.

I also question why you think it makes me a hypocrite? Show me a dirty play by the Pats and I will tell you if I think it is dirty or not. I would only be a hypocrite anyway if the exact or similar hit were done by a Pat ands I didn't think it was dirty.

It also doesn't make you any less of an apologist. You are an apologist because you try to mitigate the illegal play of the Steeler. You even try to blame Welker because he was running. My conclusions from that would be that you don't understand physics and physiology or you are looking for reasons to take the responsibility off the defender. Hence, an apologist.

And, no, receivers are not "fair game" after a tip. The rule for pass interference ends on a tipped ball. A tipped ball doesn't mean you can plant your feet and launch yourself at the defenseless receiver who just happens to be running by you. There is no rule that says you can do that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]hardlyroadking... nice to see that you and all your stupid little hats have finally come out of the closet!!
    [/Quote]

HRK, 1hatriots (oh, what a clever name) is starting to show some jealousy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

LOL.....the Patriots are going to be your worst nightmare sonny. Now go back and cuddle up to your mother

Sections
Shortcuts