Anybody else feel this way?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

To be fair, lots of us were fantasizing about jacking up Pennington on a wildcat play. Hopefully we've learned that we shouldn't talk about hurting players on other teams - unless it's Pollard or Clark. I'd almost like to see two of our players keep switching teams next year so they could beat the $h!t out of those two guys week after week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from henrygilman. Show henrygilman's posts

a couple of things. I'm a Pats fan who actually likes the Steelers. They played a great game and deserved to win. We got beat bad and you won't see Pats fans or its team complain about running up the score. But I agree with folks here that spygate was an overblown story. 18-1 proved that the taping had nothing much to do with anything. I agree the NFL wanted it to go away, but I suspect, as one poster points out that the league wanted it to go away because a "few" teams do indeed employ the practice (I don't know what the difference is between visually stealing signals and stealing them via tape; stealing is stealing by the way.) So let's stop the whining like the Seattle fans did about the refs when you guys won it. Congrats--you have a great franchise. regarding Welker: It was chilling for those of us who remember stingley. The play was clearly over and the Steeler was reckless. Not dirty_I can't read his mind-but clearly reckless. sorry, no place for that in the league and a suspension is in order. My opinion only. Thanks for reading...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Root,

These guys are running full speed. The only question is how much could the steeler have pulled up before hitting welker. Probably a little, but he still would have hit welker, and likely very hard, and may have still been penalized.

And by the way, how do you know that the defender knew Welker couldn't get the ball? In fact, do you know that the defender even knew that the ball was tipped? How do you know that the defender, being too deep to stop the reception, simply turned on his jets to make sure he got the tackle without regard to where the ball was? You make assumptions to argue with me that you cannot substantiate.

As I said on another thread, these are the types of hits DB's live for and they don't come very often. I would venture to guess that a majority of DB's in the league would have taken the same hit in the same way including both Harrison (of your pats) and Sanders (of my colts). The middle of the field is very dangerous territory for receivers and safeties are taught to make sure the receivers know that.

By the way, I never blamed welker for running. How'd you pull that one out, but I will say it was not wise of him to simply let up while over the middle when a pass was directed at him (whether tipped or not). Had that hit come 1/2 a step sooner, the result, would have been the same, but no penalty would have been called.