Anybody else think BB planned this beat down to start a fire?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Anybody else think BB planned this beat down to start a fire?

I don't think Belichick would ever 'throw' a game. He wants his players to play well, and he wants to put out a good product.

With that said....

I do agree that certain games appear to have a greater importance than other games. The game against Tampa Bay appeared to be a game that the Patriots really wanted to win, and they appeared to have game-planned for that game. Tonight's game appeared to carry less weight in their minds, and it appeared as is less preparation went into it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

getting your qb hit play after play is in no way part of the plan. the offensive line was embarrasing.

now on defense, i think it was obvious BB wasnt showing anything. Missing about 4-5 starters, there really wasn't much to be a real warm up.

We didn't use about 15 good players/contributors, but still the effort was poor. very dissapointing game.

However, its a preseason game. Il hold off on the panic that some people insist on doing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't think so. Seems like he tried to play his pisss poor 3-4 populated with his bad draft picks and it got its usual result.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I recommend putting Babe Parelli on ignore now before the season starts, his anti-BB troll crusade is already the oldest act on this forum besides the Jets trolls. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Anybody else think BB planned this beat down to start a fire?:
    [QUOTE]I recommend putting Babe Parelli on ignore now before the season starts, his anti-BB troll crusade is already the oldest act on this forum besides the Jets trolls. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

babe has things to add.
    its true when we use this passive "bend" defense our de sox.
    i hope he trotted that out just to play mind games and not give too much away.

and yes it hates bb and some people dont want to hear the disenchantment he has.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Anybody else think BB planned this beat down to start a fire?:
    [QUOTE]I recommend putting Babe Parelli on ignore now before the season starts, his anti-BB troll crusade is already the oldest act on this forum besides the Jets trolls. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I suggest persons put a kool-aide guzzling mindless hoodie groupie such as yourself on ignore. So there. Take that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody else think BB planned this beat down to start a fire? : babe has things to add. its true when we use this passive "bend" defense our de sox. i hope he trotted that out just to play mind games and not give too much away. and yes it hates bb and some people dont want to hear the disenchantment he has.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

It doesn't hate BB. It just tells it like it is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

BB would never throw a game.  Not his style.  I think if you look at the starting lineup you will see that they were missing 5 starters on defense.  The offense was missing two of their running backs and the OL played together for the first time this season.  It was a bad showing but it is preseason.  Preseason is time to get the kinks out.  Looks like the Patriots have a lot to work on.  The offensive line is not as bad as it looked and the future looks bright.  Cannon will be there later in the season replacing Connely.  Vollmer is a beast on the line.  Soldier will get better as the season goes.  Mankins will settle in to his mean self.  By the end of the season, you will see a totally different line.  The defense was plain vanilla.  Typical for the preseason.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Anybody else think that we might have just got beat? Seems we played the 3-4 all night. Looks like we'll play more of a 4-3 in the season. Detriot has been picking in the top 5 for the last 100 years. Its about time those guys step up and play. Bradys play wasnt that great. It happens.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

No, we just played the same old 3-4 lifless defence. It felt like the whole team was half asleep. No fire whatsoever - they looked tired :-(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Remember when Cleveland beat us last year? That was a spanking. Still went 14-2. Tell me how a good loss feels?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

The thought occured to me, but it seems like that would be dangerous to player health. I think we were just bad period. Get in the locker room and fix it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

It definetly looked like not much went into planning for the Lions who will be more than competitive this season. I will be concerned if they come out like that against Miami in a few weeks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I sure don't.  It looked like a saggy, sorry effort.  Hopefully the embarrassment gets them to focus in practice and really get some work done.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

No.  I think Detroit, though, played to win and BB was playing mostly to get practice.  Still, I don't think BB is at all happy with the way his team performed.   Too many players beat in individual battles . . . too many mistakes . . . too much poor execution.  BB may not have been playing so much to win, but I'm 100% sure he wanted to see better competition and execution than he got last night. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

My 2cents:  (1) I'm assuming the game plan was vanilla or minimal; (2) The flew in and were flying right out; (3) Storm in NE and the fact that this is only a preseason game.

Yo can argue that ...sure their pro's but they're humans too.  The game in itself was probably a distraction.  They gave it try when they got it to 17-10.  But it looked like the Cleveland game last year.  

By the way the defense didn't show up which, to me, means there no scheme just straight defense.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Yes!  BB orchestrates bad plays in preseason.  I said it last preseason and I said it last week. 

Last week I pointed out that Ryan Mallett threw what should have been a dead easy pick-six with the defender just sitting there in front of the receiver, but the dumb Tampa Bay player dropped the football.  Oh, well...  The very next play Mallett threw an even easier pass directly to a Tampa Bay player without a Patriot within ten yards. 

This week's orchestrated plays were plentiful.  Let's start with bad plays attributable only to the coach:

1.  Fourth and 5, on the 9 yard line.  BB doesn't kick a field goal because the points do matter!  BB wants Detroit to look better!  Also, it puts pressure on Hoyer.

2.  Fourth and 5 again at midfield.  BB goes for it.  Also, it puts pressure on Mallett. 

3.  Two minute drill for Mallett.  BB adds a new rule for Mallett:  no timeouts.  He's sitting on three timeouts.  Yes this puts more pressure on Mallett, who almost pulled it off too, but it forces Mallett to spike the ball.

4.  Brady tossed a dead obvious interception.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

It appears no one hardly showed up to play...  Whether it was the plan of BB or not it will now give him some indigestion for the week...  I just hate it when Brady starts to hang his head and look down at the ground...  Attitude and how you carry yourself either winning and loosing is EVERYTHING!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrkillers. Show patsrkillers's posts

Stupid theory BB planned to lose .BB plays to win and wouldnt put his players at risk to lose to make a point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody else think BB planned this beat down to start a fire? : It doesn't hate BB. It just tells it like it is.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

actually your alot like the avatar patsfan76 who used to biatch about every move the pats made while thy were winning three titles ...say what you want ....when that roll starts again with this team... people will remember what you said and you will have to change your avatar again...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Offenive line=STINKS Period!!!!!They have STUNK EVER SINCE THE 2007 SB...
    Wr=every singled one STINKS period!!!!! Terriable #1wr, Terriable #2wr, except 4 Welker------------ />Triple teamed on every god damm play or gets killed when he catches the ball(wont last long)
    0 Pass Rush, no playmakers 2 get 2 the QB
    Kraft=Very Cheap now, doesen't want 2 pay 4 high impact Wr's or high impact passrushers anymore ever again because he doesent care now that he has 3 rings and tom Brady there to continue sell outs 4 him at the stadium
    Belicheck=Out coached the past 4 years when it counts!!!!! NOT THE SAME COACH ANYMORE

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

There were 13 players from the defense missing, CB Ras-I Dowling, CB Leigh Bodden, DB Josh Barrett, DB Malcolm Williams, LB Jeff Tarpinian, LB Dane Fletcher, LB Brandon Spikes, DL Brandon Deaderick, DL Albert Haynesworth, LB Jermaine Cunningham, DL Ron Brace, DL Shaun Ellis and DL Mike Wright. At least 10 of them are expected to be major contributors, several of them starters. That was not the top defense for the Pats last night, they played a very vanilla 3-4.

The offense was also short at RB, with Ridley and Vereen not playing.

The next two weeks will be interesting. Pats will have some difficult roster decisions, several of the players they cut will end up on other teams. There will be a large batch of players being released for them to evaluate as to how they would fit into the system. I could see the Pats picking up 3-5 key veteran players (RB and LB depth, a Safety, maybe a deep threat) who get cut from other teams, either for salary cap moves or because they are being replaced by younger guys...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think so. Seems like he tried to play his pisss poor 3-4 populated with his bad draft picks and it got its usual result.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with negativity what so ever. You're right on this one, he played more 34 last night, with similar results. At least it appeared that way...Mayo in coverage all day, Nincovich rushing as an end too much, not enough Carter, perhaps too much Anderson. It'll be interesting to see this team with Haynesworth, Carter, Wilfork, Moore on the line and Mayo more on the outside. They were missing Fletcher (surprised it mattered so much). Plus with Cunningham out, you could see he adds more value than anticipated.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

You may have a point. He showed them the movie, "The Fighter" because he wanted them to come out and play like drug addicts. Mission accomplished. BB is a delicate genious.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The tone was set in the first offensive series with Light getting blowup and for the entire short time he was in the game.  This lead to Brady having Happy Feet and Short Arm disease for the remainder of the game.