Anybody else tired of all the negativity?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Anybody else tired of all the negativity?

The Globe has always had a bunch of hacks.  But I think that's what they want.  Anything to upset the public.  I don't even call it an opinion.  How could anyone see everything so negative without jumping out of a 10 story building? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Australian Rupert Murdock and his media giant Fox Network showed the world you could sell more ads with sex, lies and Hate then with facts.

As long as we Americans continue to lap up the Hate mongering from Murdock the other media outlets are forced to feed us the same kind of trash.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"I know isnt he terrible, I made the mistake of listening to their show, first I cant get over how bad it is. I mean really , really bad! Second why are 99% of the callers/listeners so stupid."

Stupid is more entertaining than intelligent. They want people to call in and say something like..."Duh...Hi. Dis is Lou out on the BQE. Mike, I really like your show. But what about whatshisname? Did you think he did the right thing when he did that whatchamacallit? You know what I mean...Duh." That also makes the people behind the microphone sound almost subhuman by comparison.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

Reiss is missed.  Gasper has now turned to the dark side.

I keep waiting for that "complete game" from this team...the sand is running out of the hours glass...wk 16, wk 17.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Reiss is a hack and just another ESPN puppet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

I am not as in tune with all the Boston writers as some of you are, because, well I do not live in Boston. What I do see is that with Reiss gone the Globe's coverage on the Pats has changed drastically. Nobody has picked up his role as the unbiased, want to be more of an X's and O's type of reporting. When I read about Pats stuff that is what I want. Not the fluff filler stories, be it negative or positive. I want facts, stats, and numbers. Some might say that is boring, but I watch the games. I build my own opinion on how they looked that way. I check in with Reiss for players defensive snap counts and things like that to better understand what Bill was thinking. I mean one of my intellect can only pick up so much with the camera angles given. So I use Reiss' X's and O's approach in that regard. I do not need "The Mazz's" opinion shoved in my face. He is the biggest idiot that covers the Pats out there btw.

When all is said and done, the average NFL fan knows a lot more about the game now than it did say 10 years ago. The NFL Network has brought so much more of the coaching aspect into the homes of viewers that the fluff pieces do not cut it anymore. Why, because there you are getting ex-players and coaches opinions, well even current players and coaches opinions, and because of that random guys that went to school to become journalists that just happened to land a job and got ordered to cover the sports section, well there opinions just don't seem to matter anymore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

rochfan,

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy critical articles about my favorite teams as long as they are well thought out and based on something other than a dislike or hatred of the team. I can go to another teams chat board or local paper to get that. What I think is really sad is for the last couple of years, I've had to go to other teams local newspapers to get a balanced range of articles, both pro and con, on my favorite team. Like many have said Reiss was the last of his kind in Boston and it is a shame. Journalism used to be about watching history as it played out, writing it down and making sure the true facts were getting recorded. Now, I guess like most other things in this once great country of ours, it is all about the buck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Anybody else tired of all the negativity?:
    [QUOTE]I am not as in tune with all the Boston writers as some of you are, because, well I do not live in Boston. What I do see is that with Reiss gone the Globe's coverage on the Pats has changed drastically. Nobody has picked up his role as the unbiased, want to be more of an X's and O's type of reporting. When I read about Pats stuff that is what I want. Not the fluff filler stories, be it negative or positive. I want facts, stats, and numbers. Some might say that is boring, but I watch the games. I build my own opinion on how they looked that way. I check in with Reiss for players defensive snap counts and things like that to better understand what Bill was thinking. I mean one of my intellect can only pick up so much with the camera angles given. So I use Reiss' X's and O's approach in that regard. I do not need "The Mazz's" opinion shoved in my face. He is the biggest idiot that covers the Pats out there btw. When all is said and done, the average NFL fan knows a lot more about the game now than it did say 10 years ago. The NFL Network has brought so much more of the coaching aspect into the homes of viewers that the fluff pieces do not cut it anymore. Why, because there you are getting ex-players and coaches opinions, well even current players and coaches opinions, and because of that random guys that went to school to become journalists that just happened to land a job and got ordered to cover the sports section, well there opinions just don't seem to matter anymore.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan[/QUOTE]

I think this is why Reiss departed.  The editors set the tone of the paper.  They clearly wanted to go in a different direction and Reiss wanted no part of it.  Is it just coincidence it all changed immediately after his departure?  Even Greer alluded to the editorial input when he said he was "assigned" to do the Moss story after the Carolina game.  You have to assume the editors do more than simply "assign" someone to write just any story.  I'm sure they dictate the general nature of the article.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I'm not trying to be argumentitive. But if it bothers you, don't read it. I can't even remember the last time I read the Globe or Herald. Why would I put money into the pockets of a newspaper that shows such contempt for it's readership? And I'm not even talking about the run of the mill hacks like Shaugnessy and Ryan. Both of whom are condescending, arrogant and vindicitve. I'm talking about scum like Ron Borges. I think so many adjectives are overused in today's society. But Ron Borges truly is a complete and utter disgrace to his profession. He is petty little man who will stoop to any low necessary to force his comically obvious anti Belichick agenda on people. In the process he has made a complete @ss out of himself. He is regarded by fans a petty, idiotic, clown. As if that's not bad enough, he's a plagiarist. The guy is a joke. A cartoon character. I simpy don't read his junk. And I don't reward anyone that employs him with my support.

I also don't watch ESPN unless they have a Patriots game on. I agree that it is disgusting that some of these people can get away with what they are doing. But there is also nothing forcing you to read or listen to their idiocy. 

Sections
Shortcuts