Anybody else worried about Ravens?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Anybody else worried about Ravens?

I just hope all the whining Harbaugh will do doesn't effect the offciating . It's hard enough when the opposing coach doesn't whine , Kubiak .

Not worried about the Ravens at all, the Pats contained Foster pretty well and they'll do the same with Rice.  The Texans D could not hold Brady and his crew nor will the Ravens. 

My only concern it Torey Smith, he's big and fast. Now can Flacco throw to him again and again ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the Ravens have an advantage in special teams and defense. The difference is Brady. If he plays well, Pats win

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But, you just know BB and Brady are seething on that Week 3 bagjob down in Baltimore. Can you imagine if that game/loss actually had this kind of a game in Baltimore instead?

Oh my.

[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure the family living on the floor above me with the small children did not appreciate some of the things I screamed at the TV that day.  I have never been so pissed off during a game in my lifetime although if I had been alive for the 76 season that might have been worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Pats will have to get the Ravens D running from sideline to sideline early....sweeps and no huddle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm only worried about if we excecute or not. The ravens are inferior. I don't worry about them at all.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Ravens have an advantage in special teams and defense. The difference is Brady. If he plays well, Pats win

[/QUOTE]

How do the Ravens have an advantage on special teams?  As badly as our STs played against Houston it wasn't nearly as bad as the Ravens played against Denver.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All I know the score was 30-28 with 4:01 remaining in Baltimore. We didn't finish the game. We had a 2:00 minute drive, Punted the ball back and lost. Our total possession time in the 4th quarter was 5:21. We didn't score in last 19:27 of this game.
    We punted the ball from our own 49. On Ravens last drive Chung got burned for 41 yards on 2 pass plays, and DMC, got a 27 yard PI call, then they kicked winning FG.

[/QUOTE]

Our D is much different now than then. Brady played very well against them btw.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep. Brady has not faired especially well in recent years against the Ravens D.

If the Law of Averages catches up with the Ravens D and Brady finally has a very good game against them then I understand the pointspread.

[/QUOTE]

He torched them at their place earlier this year and that was when they still had Webb at CB.  Ravens D is playing better, but they have not been as good this year.  As I said in my previous post it almost seems destined that this game will be close given the previous matchups, but I think we match up well.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yes I guess that is very true. I think I was more specifically thinking of the last two post season meetings. The post season is a whole other animal but hears to hoping his 2012 regular season success continues against them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How do the Ravens have an advantage on special teams?  As badly as our STs played against Houston it wasn't nearly as bad as the Ravens played against Denver.

[/QUOTE]

In a game of field position, I think the Ravens are superior in both the KO and P return. I think McCourty has really gone down hill since his TD return, and Welker is on the field for punt returns out of neccesity, not performance in the position.  I think both teams cover returns well, the Pats break downs yesterday not with standing.  

I think the Pats have also been breaking down on punt blocking, with the Texans almost getting 2

I think Mesko is playing at Pro Bowl level, but so is Koch. Against almost any team, I give MEsko the nod, except the Ravens. I call it a draw.

Tucker has had a very good year, but he is a rookie. While most dont like Ghost on this board, I do, and give him a slight nod.

Very close teams regarding ST, but the Ravens return units give them the edge imo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Basically everybody agrees its a close game....so back to my point which is HOW are Pats favored by 9??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Russ...regarding Branch.  I think he's been invisible not because he's not getting open, it's just that he's likely Brady's last look in the progression.  I still think Branch is really good at getting key third downs at big spots...he always seems to find the spot spot of a defense.  Keep in mind, Welker is disgustingly good at 3rd downs and is also Brady's binky.

As for Baltimore...they were gassed.  It took some miracle bombs from Flacco and brainfarts from the Broncos.  But...that's why they play the games.  They are going to be tough, but I wouldn't be surprised that in the second quarter, the no huddle comes out...then in the end of the third, into the fourth, the quicker paced no huddle makes another appearance.  They will want to wear the Ravens down...and they CAN be run on.  I'd attack them with runs and screens, then play action passes...make the Ravens run side to side consistently.

I think the Pats will win, but it'll be a tough game no doubt.  Baltimore is playing with a lot of heart and Flacco has to be feeling very confident he can make the throws (it might end up his undoing depending if we can disguise some coverages back there).  Our defense HAS to get to him...they didn't get many hits on Shaub although they had pressured him a few times. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to hang3xc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't even look at that bagjob game in Week 3 in Baltimore, because it's not really reflective of how NE usually plays Baltimore.  That was their only win vs Brady in the Lewis era and it came under a massive cloud of suspicion.

[/QUOTE]

????

Jan 10, 2010, the Lewis led Ravens came into Gillette and beat the Pats badly from start to finish

[/QUOTE]

Without Welker, which led to a lot of the offensive confusion that led to the turnovers that contributed largely to the big Ravens lead/win. That Pats team was in a bit of a transition period too. I'm not saying they can't win Sunday, but it's most likely NE will win. Just my opinion, for whatever that's worth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Key will be PASS RUSH period!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just hope all the whining Harbaugh will do doesn't effect the offciating . It's hard enough when the opposing coach doesn't whine , Kubiak .

Not worried about the Ravens at all, the Pats contained Foster pretty well and they'll do the same with Rice.  The Texans D could not hold Brady and his crew nor will the Ravens. 

My only concern it Torey Smith, he's big and fast. Now can Flacco throw to him again and again ?

[/QUOTE]

We have something Denver doesn't have: Talib.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm only worried about if we excecute or not. The ravens are inferior. I don't worry about them at all.

[/QUOTE]

You're the reason why other fanbases don't like Pats fans.  You live in bubble over there at Magnolia Manor.

Last year, your own QB tossed 2 INTs in the AFC title game vs them.   He best not pull that again.

[/QUOTE]

But you're kind of confirming he's right Rusty. It was our own qb that made those mistakes. What he's saying is that if the Pats play anything close to a clean game, the Ravens will be able to do nothing about it. That's what I posted about Houston last week, and it was basically true. Pats were a better team, and I think they're better than Balt. So if they just play a clean game and execute, they win no matter what Baltimore does.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I think the Ravens have a lot to atone for in last year's playoff game that most people think they should have won. TB 57.5 QB rating. If not for that close call in the end zone, Baltimore is in the SB. I think they're pretty p issed off.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Pats are 9pts favorites because of

- Game is at NE

- Colts and Denver did not played good football

- Patriots can run the ball now, that`s gonna be the difference from last year AFCCG and SB

- They dont have their best CB, their best mlb and olb are hurt and playing at 70%

C´mon, if the player does not go directly to RAY LEWIS he can´t make a play... i hope McD put vareen, woody and ridley in space vs their LB.

i can easily see a 31 - 21 game

+ OUR DEFENSE  is playing good football, they allowed lots of yards to the texans during TRASHTIME... the game was over, but when it counted they stopped the texans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Can't take any team lightly at this stage of the playoffs.  I know BB won't.

It will be interesting to see if Brendan Pierce is ready to go or if his knee injury is serious.  Down the stretch (last 4 games of reg. season) Pierce had 49 carries for 285 yards, a 5.8 average.  He is a key to taking some of the workload off of Rice. 

I like the Pats, but I expect a close game in the 4th quarter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Not Even, The 49ers In The SB, Maybe.......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Basically everybody agrees its a close game....so back to my point which is HOW are Pats favored by 9??

[/QUOTE] Well, the same question was asked about why they were favored by 9.5 over the Texans.  In this case the Pats are at home, the play of the D versus how they looked in the 3rd game of the season is improved.  The Ravens' may have the "Lewis" adrenalin, but, does that win games?  No one could see how the running game would have progressed back then as well to where it is now.  Do the odds makers trust the Ravens D to stop the Pats?  Who knows, right?  When all is said and done, be in 21 points, 9 points or 1 point, as long as the Pats have one more point than the Ravens we'll accept the win!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

You have to respect the Ravens. I think the Pats, even without Gronk (!) are the better team and we are at home (being home is perhaps better just because you are NOT on the road... if you know what I mean).

But the Ravens are: (1) very tough, (2) match up well, (3) healthier than they were during their bad stretch this year, (4) confident - not over confident, (5) very tough!!! (yes I know, I repeat what I said before, again)...

Pats will have hands full, especially without Gronk.... They will have to play a great game. And cant be PATHETIC (P-A-T-H-E-T-IC) in KO coverage and special teams in general.. (note, when I watched an open practice last summer I was impressed more by how UNIMPRESSIVE the special teams coach was more than any one thing!).

I think we win. The improvements on D as well as the emergence of the running game and both Ridley and Vereen (and I hope Woody AKA Mighty Mouse). And of course we have Brady. If he will rise to the occasion along with his receivers!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Some of the betting houses have been burned by the favorites covering so often in the playoffs.  The solution is to set the line higher to lure in action on the other side.  9 points seems too high IMO.