anybody just hear cowherd / romanowski ...lol...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

anybody just hear cowherd / romanowski ...lol...?

Bill Romanowski chatting with Cowturd...  Sharing great commentary...  First a story about how football weeds out non tough guys ,  first at high school level, then college, etc...  Makes sense.   Then told story of getting hazed by Charles Haley (pass rusher) when Roma was a rookie....  Called Roma a puzsy and racial slurs until " I took it for about 2 weeks then I grabbed Haley by the facemask and popped him 5 times and dropped him...  that was the end of the trouble..."  (paraphrasing)

Then this gem...  While rambling about his experience in team locker rooms ,  Romanowski goes  " masturbation...  I saw a guy masturbating ...."  Cowturd abruptly cuts him off and says can't go there....etc..  LOL end of interview...!  Go to break then Colon comes back spinning damage control...lol.   Priceless.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: anybody just hear cowherd / romanowski ...lol...?

Romanowski is a funny dude to listen to.  Has many great stories, I loved how he played the game.  Hated the spitting incident and to this day he totally regrets doing that.  He is unplugged on the Scott Ferrall show when he is on as a guest, which is pretty often.  Met Romo in Santa Cruz few years ago, cool dude in person.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Agree with you guys...   Romanowski went from idiot on the field at times to a real insightful candid interview guy.  He's definitely not boring, which is why Cowherd has him on there, but apparently too candid sometimes...lol. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

He ruined his own teammates career... terrible.

** FILE ** In this photo released by the Alameda Police Department shows Oakland Raiders tight end Marcus Williams after police say he was attacked by teammate Bill Romanowski in the left eye in this August 2003 file photo. Williams' lawyers are preparing for opening statement for a trial in Oakland on Tuesday, March 1, 2005 against Romanowski. (AP Photo/Alameda Police Department)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

Agree with you guys...   Romanowski went from idiot on the field at times to a real insightful candid interview guy.  He's definitely not boring, which is why Cowherd has him on there, but apparently too candid sometimes...lol. 

He sort of reminds me of of Canseco but an NFL version.  Unabashed roid user, honest, talks about it openly, but kind of likes the attention from it, too.

I give those people credit for at least admitting the roid use. I'd have much more respect for Bonds, Clemens, Braun, McGwire, Palmeiro, etc, if they just admitted the use. We all knew it, saw the numbers bounce, saw the contracts, and the league did not test for it, so we're not dumb.

But, Romo was an old school player who actually got better as his career went. And that wasn't all roids either. He had good instincts and was a physical, consistent player.

yeah the ped crap has really gone too far especially in baseball.   These guys are professionals let it go.  Its a personal choice to use growth horomone for  example...  All it does is promote tissue to heal faster...  The roids have too many side effects so they should be controlled for sure, but doctors hand it out to people for skin problems for example. And the biggest myth is that it instantly makes a person better player.  The converse being that if someone (ortiz) plays better then they're using.

That line of thinking is dumb since it discounts the possibility of greatness.  Somebody just can't be great anymore.  Stupid.

And who cares what happened before the leagues ruled against them and started testing...?   Old tired story that wont go away since people use it to fit their agendas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

** FILE ** In this photo released by the Alameda Police Department shows Oakland Raiders tight end Marcus Williams after police say he was attacked by teammate Bill Romanowski in the left eye in this August 2003 file photo. Williams' lawyers are preparing for opening statement for a trial in Oakland on Tuesday, March 1, 2005 against Romanowski. (AP Photo/Alameda Police Department)

what is the story behind this?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

what is the story behind this?

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Former Raiders linebacker Bill Romanowski ended Marcus Williams' NFL career two years ago when he ripped off his teammate's helmet and punched the second-year tight end in the face during a practice drill.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2002171

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

He sort of reminds me of of Canseco but an NFL version.  Unabashed roid user, honest, talks about it openly, but kind of likes the attention from it, too.

I give those people credit for at least admitting the roid use. I'd have much more respect for Bonds, Clemens, Braun, McGwire, Palmeiro, etc, if they just admitted the use. We all knew it, saw the numbers bounce, saw the contracts, and the league did not test for it, so we're not dumb.

But, Romo was an old school player who actually got better as his career went. And that wasn't all roids either. He had good instincts and was a physical, consistent player.

yeah the ped crap has really gone too far especially in baseball.   These guys are professionals let it go.  Its a personal choice to use growth horomone for  example...  All it does is promote tissue to heal faster...  The roids have too many side effects so they should be controlled for sure, but doctors hand it out to people for skin problems for example. And the biggest myth is that it instantly makes a person better player.  The converse being that if someone (ortiz) plays better then they're using.

That line of thinking is dumb since it discounts the possibility of greatness.  Somebody just can't be great anymore.  Stupid.

And who cares what happened before the leagues ruled against them and started testing...?   Old tired story that wont go away since people use it to fit their agendas.

Dude those are entirely different steroids... consider them like 10 times removed cousins... not even close. 

I remember I was given 'steroids' to help me get over my poison ivy quicker ( lierally I was covered on my entire upper body...).  I asked the doctor if I took all the pills would i Get stronger as a joke, and he said it has zero affect on my muscles... I could take 100 pills and nothing would happen besides destroying my liver. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yeah, that was bad.  Williams sued for millions and won $340k.  Never played football again.  Protect yourself at all times on the football field.   But yes, I am sure roid rage was to blame. 

I remember one game when Lyle Alzado was playing for the Raiders he ripped a denver broncos linemans helmet off and threw it back at him.  Alzado was a beast on roids too.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Romo wrote a book about ten years ago - I read it (why I don't know) - but it was very interesting the things he did to stay on the field to play at a high level. He had stories about just about every remedy used to get him back onto the field during a game when he got hurt...I want to say the trainers put an IV into him that they give trauma patients (car accidents, etc) when he tore up his knee. The way he described the effects of it were very interesting. This guy tried some of the most unusual concoctions to stay fit and young...witch doctor type of stuff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"again, where else to get interesting radio other than the cow herdler himself"

True - Cowherd would interview Charles Manson if he could get away with it. He'd get great anecdotes about how Manson took his victims out - super interesting radio!

So in the name of "interesting" you give airtime to a roid rage punk like Romanoswki who ended a teammate's career. Guy doesn't deserve the airtime, but thanks to Colin Cowpuke, he gets the chance. Not something to pat Colin on the back about. 

Did Cowherd press Romanowski about whether he has been in touch with his ex-teammate and whether he would do it over again? No because then Bill wouldn't come back on his show. So much for contrarian Colin, more like "eggshell Colin" trying to sound clever while not offending his guests.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"again, where else to get interesting radio other than the cow herdler himself"

True - Cowherd would interview Charles Manson if he could get away with it. He'd get great anecdotes about how Manson took his victims out - super interesting radio!

So in the name of "interesting" you give airtime to a roid rage punk like Romanoswki who ended a teammate's career. Guy doesn't deserve the airtime, but thanks to Colin Cowpuke, he gets the chance. Not something to pat Colin on the back about. 

Did Cowherd press Romanowski about whether he has been in touch with his ex-teammate and whether he would do it over again? No because then Bill wouldn't come back on his show. So much for contrarian Colin, more like "eggshell Colin" trying to sound clever while not offending his guests.

Agree.   The show is all about him.  The Manson example is perfect.  Since it would give him a chance to profess his morality and puffed up righteousness on a topic that has nothing to do with sports.  nauseating and with the whiney pitched voice, its painful.   Then you have the call-ins which play like comical hand picked supporting cast members always starting with " love your show". 

I turn his show on so I can turn it off.  Sometimes he'll have a good topic/ player going on and it can be worth a listen for a while but inevitably returns to exactly what you're talking about... 

It's comical when he screws up and has to scramble speechless not knowing what to say...lol.   That's what happened in this example.  (op)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I actually always liked Romanowski until the roid rage took over when he ended up in roid rage Denver in the late 1990s.

Really a good player and a throwback.

Also, I think rookie hazing is a lot different than what Incognito was doing with Martin.

I never liked Romanowski.

But, I can admit he was a good player. He played right to, and often over the line. When he was on the legal side...he was a menace. But to me, he too often went over the line.

In some respects, he's a lot like Rodney Harrison. Harrison kept it marginally more under control. Not much.

Romanowski is also a very intelligent person. I remember watching a Pros Vs Joes that he was on. Total psycho on the field...then in the locker room he was quiet and well spoken. He's a football Jekyl and Hyde. You don't get into Boston College by accident. He has a lot of intelligence. He also famously broke Dave Meggett's finger, intentionally, in a pile well after a play.

Interesting person, to say the least.

Sections
Shortcuts