Anybody nervous about "manning flags"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Anybody nervous about "manning flags"

All i can think of is 2005 and 2006 season where everytime he needed a first down, a PI flag would appear....I fear a repeat of 2006 AFC Champ game, where suddenly faceguarding is suddenly a penalty again.....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: Anybody nervous about

Luckily it is the playoffs. The NFL will give less homer calls than in the reg season.

Problem is ifthe Patriots live by the run and the Broncos live by the pass a set of officials who are calling PI's liberally will hurt the Pats more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:

Starting with your excuses already?

Don't you have some dogs to blow?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

All i can think of is 2005 and 2006 season where everytime he needed a first down, a PI flag would appear....I fear a repeat of 2006 AFC Champ game, where suddenly faceguarding is suddenly a penalty again.....

He doesn't have anyone who was as good as Wayne was at jumping into the defender to draw the flag. Him and Peyton had that lob, jump, cry system perfected like they did.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to PatsGoinDownNextWeek's comment:

In response to glenr's comment:

He doesn't have anyone who was as good as Wayne was at jumping into the defender to draw the flag. Him and Peyton had that lob, jump, cry system perfected like they did.

The penalty you are referring to was not "faceguarding" ya fool!  If you are not looking back at the ball (playing the ball as the rule states) and you make contact with the receiver (which happened on this play) then it is always going to be called Pass Interference.  The announcer incorrectly called it faceguarding, but it was called PI because the defender has his back to the ball and did not play the ball and interfered with the receiver's ability to catch the ball.  Get over it losers!!!

Did you know that Manning is 9-11 against Bill Belichick and 4-10 against Tom Brady?  Did you also know that Manning has the record for most playoff losses by a QB while Brady has the most wins?  Food for thought for you Denver fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to PatsGoinDownNextWeek's comment:

The penalty you are referring to was not "faceguarding" ya fool!  If you are not looking back at the ball (playing the ball as the rule states) and you make contact with the receiver (which happened on this play) then it is always going to be called Pass Interference.  The announcer incorrectly called it faceguarding, but it was called PI because the defender has his back to the ball and did not play the ball and interfered with the receiver's ability to catch the ball.  Get over it losers!!!

LOL...Obviously the league should have had had you draft the letter before sending to the Pats...Next Sunday, call into Pats pregame with Ty Law and Troy Brown, who was called in that game for an offensive PI after Watson had gotten a first down on Dolt 17 with less than minute in second quarter to play up 21-0 at the time. He was still livid over the dolt defender who flopped into him......But Im sure you can explain to Troy how the call was legitimate....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Don't forget that '07 regular season game where the ponies got every call possible....they still lost though....but yes, I'm a tad concerned.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Hopefully the pats do a good job controlling the ball and the clock so those calls won't be a factor. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

So true....thats why the famous 4th and 2 play from Pats own end....Belichick knew if they punted, Jughead was just going to throw long downfield for the automatic flag to get back there anyway......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Well Arrington got benched again according to Reiss so that makes me less worried.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Not really  with big names like BB and Tom Brady I can't see it going too one sided? On a side note is it just me or are their all these Bronco fans coming out from under the woodwork and on this site - they feel confident but will dissapear once the Pats smack their team around for the win next week!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Yes - I think the NFL wants Manning in the SB and the refs will be throwing them all game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The officials will call what they call.  Just so long as either one of the D-bags who made the call at the end of the Carolina game or the Jets game isn't involved.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Some Pats fans are so pathetic that they actually blame the refs before the game starts!

Good lord!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Some how, on a critical 3 & 17 with the Broncos on their 20, Wes Welker became Superman and could make a catch that wasn't anywhere near him.

That was the most BS call I've ever seen.

Yes, I do fear the flags.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Some how, on a critical 3 & 17 with the Broncos on their 20, Wes Welker became Superman and could make a catch that wasn't anywhere near him.

Fear them all the more:

ESPN is reporting that Manning may retire after the end of this season "regardless of the outcome of the playoffs" depending on the results of a re-examine of his neck.

The League is going to want him going out on top.  Nothing's guaranteed, but he'll be getting some help to try to get him the Lombardi.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

The Pats can't afford to take any stupid penatlies. If they keep their heads they will be fine. I don't see Manning getting any special treatment and both teams will get a sense early as to what the officials are going to be stricter or more lenient on. This game is going to be awesome.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

What scares me more is all the "what will Peyton's legacy be if he doesn't win the superbowl this year" talk that has been in the media over the last week. That bodes ill for the team playing the Broncos! The flags will come fast and furious in the fourth quarter if the Pats are winning!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Fear them all the more:

ESPN is reporting that Manning may retire after the end of this season "regardless of the outcome of the playoffs" depending on the results of a re-examine of his neck.

The League is going to want him going out on top.  Nothing's guaranteed, but he'll be getting some help to try to get him the Lombardi.

First thing that entered my mind when he made the comment while in playoffs...Other retirees announce either before the season or after the season it will be their last...Basically asking for a little "help" in the game, especially where this is the FIRST time the national media has mentioned his poor playoff record and 8 one and dones.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

"The penalty you are referring to was not "faceguarding" ya fool!  If you are not looking back at the ball (playing the ball as the rule states) and you make contact with the receiver (which happened on this play) then it is always going to be called Pass Interference.  The announcer incorrectly called it faceguarding, but it was called PI because the defender has his back to the ball and did not play the ball and interfered with the receiver's ability to catch the ball.  Get over it losers!!!"

and you're not "patsgetscrewedfinally"?

curious that guy posted pretty much the exact explanation regarding the faceguarding call a couple weeks ago. I pointed out that there was NO contact by Hobbs and that's why Simms came up with "facegaurding" because he couldn't call it anything else as, again, Hobbs NEVER touched the receiver, and now you've "proactively" added that it doesn"t matter what the announcer said---nice try

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Some Pats fans are so pathetic that they actually blame the refs before the game starts!

Good lord!

hey dude go find some other message board-you are definately not a Pats fan--phony!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Good lord!

They are scared of Manning. They know he is the better QB. Since they can nolonger cheat, their hero Tommy has no chance of ever becoming the GOAT. They have to come up with excuses of why Manning will be considered the GOAT after winning a seconded SB. (Winning a second SB with another team, something that has never been done before.)

They are scared of everybody and everything.  They think their shadow is out to get them.  Not a big deal.  There are fans of every team that are like this.  Its just that the # of pats fans like this are more than the rest of the league combined.

Sections
Shortcuts