Anybody notice the clock?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaisedInNH. Show RaisedInNH's posts

Anybody notice the clock?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8143b069/Patriots-gamble-and-lose

Putting the poor spot aside, the play was blown dead at 2:05.  The clock continued to run until 2:03 then momentarily stopped.  Then it started running again until 1:57.  When the Colts took over, they combined the two-minute warning with the change of possession stoppage.  If the Colts started at 2:05, the Patriots would have gotten a free timeout at the two minute warning.  All other things being the same, they take over with around 50 seconds remaining in the game and have a chance to drive for the field goal.

Although possibly stretching, if Addai is in that same position with 1:40 left in the game, I think the Pats could have let him score once he reached the one-yard line and they would have had 1:40 to drive down for the field goal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Re: Anybody notice the clock?

In Response to Anybody notice the clock?:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8143b069/Patriots-gamble-and-lose Putting the poor spot aside, the play was blown dead at 2:05.  The clock continued to run until 2:03 then momentarily stopped.  Then it started running again until 1:57.  When the Colts took over, they combined the two-minute warning with the change of possession stoppage.  If the Colts started at 2:05, the Patriots would have gotten a free timeout at the two minute warning.  All other things being the same, they take over with around 50 seconds remaining in the game and have a chance to drive for the field goal. Although possibly stretching, if Addai is in that same position with 1:40 left in the game, I think the Pats could have let him score once he reached the one-yard line and they would have had 1:40 to drive down for the field goal.
    Posted by RaisedInNH

i agree with out about the clock sketchyness. but there is no excuse to blow the lead the patriots had. the colts faught tooth and nail back into this game. i cant wait for the rematch in the playoffs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Anybody notice the clock?:
    In Response to Anybody notice the clock? : i agree with out about the clock sketchyness. but there is no excuse to blow the lead the patriots had. the colts faught tooth and nail back into this game. i cant wait for the rematch in the playoffs
    Posted by flutie66

They were handed the game by the Pats and refs. Their teeth and fingernails are intact.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to Re: Anybody notice the clock? : They were handed the game by the Pats and refs. Their teeth and fingernails are intact.
    Posted by EnochRoot

honestly, the tooth and nails are intact. but given the chance to win the pats couldnt do it and the colts did. game over. we will see them again

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

Who cares.....our defense still couldn't get an effing stop!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cdninva. Show cdninva's posts

I'm not sure it was a bad spot.  I honestly never thought Faulk got it secured until his foot came down short.  Regardless, the time to go on 4th was when the Pats settled for their last field goal.  Maybe I'm missing something, but I was really questioning why Bellichek didn't feel the confidence in his offense at that point to try dragging more off the clock and instead settled for 3.  'Can't understand running ourselves out of timeouts either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

Honestly - there were a dozen screwups of evry concievable kind in the 4th ...
    read "TRUE PATS FANS NEED TO READ THIS " and lets move on .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Anybody notice the clock? : honestly, the tooth and nails are intact. but given the chance to win the pats couldnt do it and the colts did. game over. we will see them again
    Posted by flutie66

Totally disagree.

There is a difference between earning something and having it handed to you. The Colts had this game handed to them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmrstrm. Show hmrstrm's posts

In Response to Re: Anybody notice the clock? : Totally disagree. There is a difference between earning something and having it handed to you. The Colts had this game handed to them.
    Posted by EnochRoot
    Squirt some tears you big baby...Admit your team got beat, the refs didn't have ANYTHING to do with the Colts winning that game. The Pats got beat, they are now 5-1 against Indy over the last 4 years, it wasn't an accident, the Colts are just that good....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

All -

One - the refs reset the clock back to 2:00. 

Two - Root - Yes the pats did their part in giving this game away, but do not think for a minute that the colts did not have a hand in it.  They held on D. 

They colts came back from a 17 pt deficit in the 4th not including an additional 3 pts scored by the pats changing it from a 2 td/1 fg deficit to a 3 td deficit.  The colts HAD to perform and they did.

Sections
Shortcuts