Anybody wake up with any "hunches" or "gut feels"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Anybody wake up with any "hunches" or "gut feels"?

I posted this already, but I woke up with a feeling that Marqise Lee would be the guy at #29 (even though I mocked Tuitt to them)... I think the value of selecting/buying low on a Top 10/15 talent and potential impact #1 WR at the end of Rd 1 could be too much for BB to pass up.  They seldom get this type of opportunity drafting at the end of Rd 1 every season.

What's yours?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: Anybody wake up with any

I'm going to be up at 11 (or after)  only to watch then trade down.  The Browns will be their trade partner. with a higher pick in round two  they will take wr Benjamin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm going to be up at 11 (or after)  only to watch then trade down.  The Browns will be their trade partner. with a higher pick in round two  they will take wr benjamine.

[/QUOTE]

If they can trade down to pickup up more chips AND land Benjamin, I'd be pretty excited.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I posted this already, but I woke up with a feeling that Marqise Lee would be the guy at #29 (even though I mocked Tuitt to them)... I think the value of selecting/buying low on a Top 10/15 talent and potential impact #1 WR at the end of Rd 1 could be too much for BB to pass up.  They seldom get this type of opportunity drafting at the end of Rd 1 every season.

What's yours?

Patriots Might be interested in Blake Bortes? See Peter Kings Column below - could be Denver or Pittsburgh but somehow I think its the Pats.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/08/2014-nfl-draft-peter-king/?eref=sihp

So here are 10 Draft Things I Think I Think, hours before we finally kick off this sucker:

1. I think if Houston wants to trade the No. 1 pick—and there is mounting evidence the Texans really do want to deal—the chances are very slim … unless the Texans don’t try to do a ransom deal. Let’s say you’re Oakland, and you’re dying for Jadeveon Clowney. Houston will want at least Oakland’s 2014 and 2015 first-round picks. Going down from one to six (Atlanta) or Minnesota (eight) would require at the very least this year’s second-round pick to make the deal happen. Why, if you’re sitting there knowing you can get a prime player at a position of need, do you deal for a player who might be number one on your board but is not a mortal lock? Houston’s problem is there are a lot of very good players there to choose—but not the kind of faultless franchise player there was a couple of years ago when Andrew Luck went first overall.

2. I think, when the dust settles, Houston, with some regret, will probably take Clowney. Regret because the Texans wish they could move down and take Khalil Mack and get a pick or two as a broker’s fee.

3. I think you can take it to the bank that Khalil Mack will not get past the Oakland Raiders.

4. I think, if somehow Clowney doesn’t go number one, you should not eliminate him from the Rams at No. 2. I don’t just think that; I know it. Not saying the Rams will pick Clowney if he doesn’t go No. 1. But the Rams love him, aren’t concerned about his lousy production in 2013 at South Carolina, and, though I know they would prefer a standout tackle, Clowney versus Greg Robinson would be a serious discussion in the draft room. And has been.

I will be very surprised if the Niners don’t make a big move by the middle of the first round.

5. I think I cannot find a spot for Johnny Manziel in the top half of the draft if Tampa Bay passes on him. Not sure if that says more about the wimpiness of the teams in the top third of the draft or more about NFL decision-makers coming to their senses with so much on the line by picking the lightning rod that is Manziel. And I do not think his landing spot is Dallas, with all due respect to Mike Mayock.

6. I think one of the big spots in this draft is No. 19. The Dolphins don’t have a tackle at 19 they love, and at No. 20 sits Derek Carr-smitten Arizona. Teams behind Arizona know they have to move up to at least No. 19 if they want a shot at Carr. I am sure new Miami GM Dennis Hickey is getting some calls about the pick, and if I were him, I’d sell.

7. I think there’s a team with a very good veteran quarterback in his 30s that loves Blake Bortles. Just loves him. And if Bortles somehow falls into the twenties, this team is going to try to trade for a pick to get him.

8. I think I will be very surprised if the Niners, with six picks in the top 100, don’t make a big move, a Falcons/Julio Jones-type move, by the middle of the first round tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Texans  & Jags covet a QB and get in a bidding war for the Pats #29

(The surprise turns out to be the Qb is Jimmy Garoppolo )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I've felt like Benjamin will be the guy for a few days now.  I'll stick with that.  I would love either him or Lee.  I'm quite sure we won't trade out of the 1st Round.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

NFWAY they take a QB in the first 4 rounds...  They will end up signing  a late rounder, vet off the street or UDFA to battle with Mallett for the back up job.  All the chatter about looking at QB's will amount to squat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm going to be up at 11 (or after)  only to watch then trade down.  The Browns will be their trade partner. with a higher pick in round two  they will take wr Benjamin.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

+1, except instead of Benjamin toss in a QB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

We trade down and double dip at OL in the early rounds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Amaro or Niklas.

My gut tells me one, or both, has been towards the top of their list all along.

Neither likely drafted at 29 though. If they DO draft at 29...I'll be surprised in that itself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Sticking with Joel Bitonio

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

What's yours?

[/QUOTE]

Beaulie ur the expert I always defer to!

Where my Big Blue going? needs of course (tho Resse did some nice pre-Draft work) OL DL LB TE

CAN YOU SALSA LIKE VICTOR?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In fact I'll add a bit further...

I'll say Bitonio/Kareem Martin/Marcus Smith/DaQuan Jones are the first four picks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

My hunch is that maybe, finally, perhaps,  this is the year I will not get all excited about the sure fire pick we are going to get, now that we are on the clock, and then be huhhhh when Bill trades down for three other picks, and I go grump in the corner, till the next pick, where they trade down again. Yeah, maybe this is that year

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I woke up realizing that I had only gotten a few hours sleep. That might explain why I now KNOW that the Pats will trade down at 29, picking up the Giants 2nd round pick while the Giants take Amaro TE.

I will grit my teeth as I was hoping for a blue chip DL. But IF, IF BB has a good draft (aided by his recognition of needing to up his game there and so bringing in Lombardi to add some further insight) then the extra picks this year could impress more than the initial disappointment.

Still hoping we get a very good DT, LB interior OL, 2nd TE, RB and good enough to be in DE rotation by game 12 out of all this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In fact I'll add a bit further...

I'll say Bitonio/Kareem Martin/Marcus Smith/DaQuan Jones are the first four picks

[/QUOTE]

Trade 1st for early 2nd and early 4th

Move up in 3rd with our 3rd, 2014/15 late Rd picks

Joel Bitonio/Nevada/Early2ndRd: Available between 28-45. Plug and play-able at right guard and center (or at least challenge Connolly and Wendell from Day 1), potential replacement for Mankins next season, or emergency replacement at tackle. Keeping Brady upright is Priority #1. Not a sexy pick, but a necessity. Follows in footsteps of Solder, Vollmer, Mankins, and Light as high draft pick OL. 

Kareem Martin/NorthCarolina/Our2ndRd: Clowney-esque athleticism and measureables, leadership, and production. Typical BB DE criteria met. Provides some insurance and depth to Front-7. Position worthy of early pick despite Smith signing. Nink may see some snaps at LB so DE rotation of Jones, Nink, Martin, Buchanan, and Smith is versatile and deep.

Marcus Smith/Louisville/Early3rdRd: Reminds me a lot of Collins. Athletic (not Shazier athletic, but still) outside linebacker/defensive end at 6'3 250. Great arm length, hand size, and foot speed. Can rush the passer and cover decently due to athleticism. Versatile player. 

DaQuan Jones/PennSt/Early4thRd: Red Bryant-type DT to plug the middle or man the end position in a 3-4. Versatile, tough, Bill O'Brien coached. Great depth player to learn behind Kelly and Wilfork. 

TEs in this draft unimpressive. Lets roll with Gronk/Keller/Hooman. Add receivers late ie Coleman, Janis etc. Add a running back and defensive back later ie Andre Williams/DeAnthony Thomas and Antone Exum/Dontae Johnson/Aaron Colvin. 

This is what I want!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What's yours?

[/QUOTE]

Beaulie ur the expert I always defer to!

Where my Big Blue going? needs of course (tho Resse did some nice pre-Draft work) OL DL LB TE

CAN YOU SALSA LIKE VICTOR?

[/QUOTE]

If I'm Reese, I'm thinking our boy Zack Martin is a homerun at #12... Ebron would be nice there as well... but I prefer Martin... he's one of the safer, consistently good players in this class.

I can EAT salse like a maaaaaa-fVkcah, ha... dancing, not so much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

My big hunch, really is, that we do not trade down in the first. Everyone thinks its a given that we will, and course BB does the opposite.

I also have a little gut feeling we grab Benjamin, Lee or Tuitt... just a gut

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I woke up today thinking they are going to trade back and I hope they do, I just think there are too many guys closely rated at that point where they are picking. I don't think the first round receivers are still going to be on the board - when a run on a position happens the talent goes pretty quickly and I could see that happening. I'd take Lee if he was there though, that's for sure.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

With the rumor that Mallet is being traded, I would say they can't pass on Bridgewater.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

I have a gut feeling that BB will do something unexpected.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

The only thing that would be unexpected, would be for him to do what is expected.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Insightful Comment: Tom BrADY'S wife is more attractive than my ex-GF

Seriously, I could see a double dip in o Linemen and drafting McCarron (if this Mallett trade occurs). The big question could be does BB trade down or into 2015. If BB trades up I think most of us will be very surprised. I also think a couple of QBs fall out of the top ten Bortles, Manziel, Obviously Bridgewater. Talk of Jets drafting QB is making me laugh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I keep getting this feeling that BB trades up, but for who.....Donald, Pryor.....?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

I keep getting this feeling that BB trades up, but for who.....Donald, Pryor.....?

Shazier?