Anyone annoyed with McDaniels’ trash talk and Brash Persona?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Anyone annoyed with McDaniels’ trash talk and Brash Persona?

I thought his fist pumping & ranting after the victory over the Patriots was a bush league move. I lost respect for the guy when he did that. Great coaches are incredibly focused to the ultimate goal of winning a championship. You won a few games and essentially you have accomplished nothing yet.

Then when this recent news came out about him getting into trash talking with the Chargers linebackers came out, I thought I'm glad he's not our head coach. How can you be focused on winning the football game if you're exchanging expletives with the players? He's definitely not a class act. I hope he gets what he deserves and gets punched in the face by a player, ala Billy Sullivan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-mcdanielstrashtalk&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jshinny. Show jshinny's posts

Re: Anyone annoyed with McDaniels’ trash talk and Brash Persona?

I still have 2 questions for McDaniels.

A) Corey Dillon had 63yds rushing in the first half of the AFCCG in Indianapolis and the Patriots had a large lead going into the locker room.  How is it that Corey Dillon has to this date not touched the ball again?

B)If I know that you combat pressure on a QB by running screens and draws and just about everybody that may read this knows it, how does his offense not do it in perhaps the franchises biggest game in pursuit of perfection. 

Josh McDaniels in my opinion owes Patriots fans a large portion of 2 Superbowls rings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I had no problem with the fist pumping. He does that every game apparently. I have no issue with emotion from a coach. I have no problem with BB's business as usual approach either. I would say the only response I have trouble with is one like Wade Philips where it looks like he doesn't realize there is a football game going on.

Smack talk to other players? Not so sure about that one. i almost like it, but I think you should have to suit up if you are going to do it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

he's still learng the ropes! next time, he will learn to avoid the situatn in the first place and know which teams most likely to pull that stunt or be more self-deprecatg. like sayg "oh please go easy on us for i know u still angry about the beat down we give u the last time" or do u want us to make that a trend? or "dont let me go tell champ what u said and have him pick off river 4 times today" or somethg like that. he was clearly flustered and not in the mood and wasnt expectg that. it happens, let's move on. growing pains... y u want go for the proven if a team like houston, carolina or even bufflao this time around.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Anyone annoyed with McDaniels’ trash talk and Brash Persona?:
    I thought his fist pumping & ranting after the victory over the Patriots was a bush league move. I lost respect for the guy when he did that. Great coaches are incredibly focused to the ultimate goal of winning a championship. You won a few games and essentially you have accomplished nothing yet. Then when this recent news came out about him getting into trash talking with the Chargers linebackers came out, I thought I'm glad he's not our head coach. How can you be focused on winning the football game if you're exchanging expletives with the players? He's definitely not a class act. I hope he gets what he deserves and gets punched in the face by a player, ala Billy Sullivan http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-mcdanielstrashtalk&prov=ap&type=lgns
    Posted by kman2004

You know I think he is a little young and that's showing through quite a bit..I did get a kick out of the Giants game when the NFL network showed a replay of him on the sidelines ripping his team for three Illegal procedure penalties after getting a first and goal.  He looks so young it's hard for me to take it seriously even when he freaks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

He's got alot to learn, you think some of BB would have rub off on him. Wait till the end of the season, when has won nothing. Then maybe he'll mature.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

It's too bad the kid has plenty of talent, but lacks class.  This will breed a lack of respect from his players in the long run.  Leave the fist-pumping and trash talk to the players.  It will be hard to keep his players' heads in the game, if he can't lead by example.  I respected his bold moves in the preseason, with Cutler and Marshall.  However, he has used up any admiration his hot start ever had, and he's giving possible playoff teams extra motivation.  There are 2 teams with 7-3 records, that are just dying to see Denver in January. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I don't like it myself. A head coach should exhibit an emotional balance all the time. That doesn't mean he (or any of them) need to act like Wade Phillips but if you do it all the time he's going to find it hard to get his team pumped when he really needs it, the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Anyone annoyed with McDaniels’ trash talk and Brash Persona?:
    I thought his fist pumping & ranting after the victory over the Patriots was a bush league move. I lost respect for the guy when he did that. Great coaches are incredibly focused to the ultimate goal of winning a championship. You won a few games and essentially you have accomplished nothing yet. Then when this recent news came out about him getting into trash talking with the Chargers linebackers came out, I thought I'm glad he's not our head coach. How can you be focused on winning the football game if you're exchanging expletives with the players? He's definitely not a class act. I hope he gets what he deserves and gets punched in the face by a player, ala Billy Sullivan http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-mcdanielstrashtalk&prov=ap&type=lgns
    Posted by kman2004

I'm fine w/ it.  I'm sure some of the stuff that has happened were probably blown out of proportion or taken out of context. The media is always looking for a "story" and will sensationalize whenever possible. Call it artistic liberty w/ a little bit of truth.  I could think of worse things a coach could do....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"I hope he gets what he deserves and gets punched in the face by a player, ala Billy Sullivan"

I'm sorry I can't recall every single moment of the past 47 years but when did this happen? Or are you referring to Matt Millen and Patrick Sullivan?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone annoyed with McDaniels’ trash talk and Brash Persona?:
    " I hope he gets what he deserves and gets punched in the face by a player, ala Billy Sullivan" I'm sorry I can't recall every single moment of the past 47 years but when did this happen? Or are you referring to Matt Millen and Patrick Sullivan?
    Posted by Yapple

Yapple is correct ... it was Patrick, not the old man

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

You want him to be belichick?  Well, at his current pace he is outpacing Belichick by leaps and bounds when you take into account BB's Cleveland stint. 

Wow, can't believe I am defending the guy I trashed all offseason.  But then again, he totally proved me wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

You want him to be belichick?  Well, at his current pace he is outpacing Belichick by leaps and bounds when you take into account BB's Cleveland stint. 

He'll never come close to being a Bill, let alone outpace him. When he has half the rings Bill has, then I'll listen!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone annoyed with McDaniels’ trash talk and Brash Persona?:

I still have 2 questions for McDaniels. A) Corey Dillon had 63yds rushing in the first half of the AFCCG in Indianapolis and the Patriots had a large lead going into the locker room.  How is it that Corey Dillon has to this date not touched the ball again? B)If I know that you combat pressure on a QB by running screens and draws and just about everybody that may read this knows it, how does his offense not do it in perhaps the franchises biggest game in pursuit of perfection.  Josh McDaniels in my opinion owes Patriots fans a large portion of 2 Superbowls rings.
    Posted by jshinny

2 brilliant questions that I am sure all Pats fans would love to hear the answers to. Don't forget in part B he had 2 weeks to come up with something to combat the Giants fearsome pass rush and he came up with zero.

I will admit that he has suprised me this year with Denver but I will never forget some of his blunders with NE in the biggest games of the year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjhenne. Show rjhenne's posts

the pumping of his fists and his antics were very annoying, he acted like he won the superbowl or something. it looked like he was rubbing it in the face of belichick, if not for belichick they guy wouldnt be a head coach right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

the pumping of his fists and his antics were very annoying, he acted like he won the superbowl or something. it looked like he was rubbing it in the face of belichick, if not for belichick they guy wouldnt be a head coach right now.
    Posted by rjhenne

That's the way I saw it as well. I saw it as disrespectful to Belicheck. After all he gave him the opportunity in NE.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjhenne. Show rjhenne's posts

and he stuck around on the field for 10 minutes after the game giving high fives to the fans. after being around belichick for those years he knows how much he hates to lose. why rub it in like that? shake his hand and walk off, i hope he loses every week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Nope. I enjoyed the Broncos thrashing the Giants. Good job..young man.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

He's a young, vibrant coach. How Bill is works with this group but that's not something every coach can achieve, I don't think. Tomlin is a little more vocal and that happens to work for Pittsburgh. Dungy was the quiet leader and that worked for the Colts.

How he celebrated against the Pats is not a big deal. He beat his mentor, which a few weeks before, nobody in the world thought that team would do. How do you stop that next time? Simple, you beat the Broncos...

The cussing incident for Josh wasn't his fault. NFL Network should draw a line between getting fans the inside scoop and letting coaches coach their players.

As for the Chargers trash talk incident, here's Josh's side of the story:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4697154. I honestly believe him because Phillips is known for this kind of behavior. As a player, I don't mind my coach defending my team. Just because the team is down doesn't mean you should invite people to walk over you like that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I like it in fact I love it!!!!  thank god he's not acting like Ratgini. He is who he is!!  and he looks like hes 12, so he has to do something brash Y'all are pi** cause he beat the Patriots and btw if he wasn't like that he would have folded over the Cutler deal.  Everytime he pumps his fist i'm sure hes sayin fu*k you Jay Cutler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I sure am glad hes not the Partiots coach!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

It's too bad the kid has plenty of talent, but lacks class.  This will breed a lack of respect from his players in the long run.  Leave the fist-pumping and trash talk to the players.  It will be hard to keep his players' heads in the game, if he can't lead by example.  I respected his bold moves in the preseason, with Cutler and Marshall.  However, he has used up any admiration his hot start ever had, and he's giving possible playoff teams extra motivation.  There are 2 teams with 7-3 records, that are just dying to see Denver in January. 
    Posted by jmmyslinski

jimmy and ALL:

Admittedly, I was pretty ambivalent towards McDaniels' antics...  My sentiments bordered somewhere between not-givin'-a-cr#p and somewhat enjoying his enthusiasm and vigor.  It was certainly nowhere near as gaudy and ignorant as attempting to make the Sportscenter Highlight reel by handing a ref a dollar bill as the official was reviewing whether your whopping 15 yard passing play in the 3rd quarter of a lopsided game, was an actual completion or not, NOR was it as loud and incessant as Rex Ryan's antics which range weekly from blindly stammering and stumbling (often in misconstrued meaning towards salivating reporters)-On about other league players and coaches in Ryan's press interviews ("not kissing BB's rings"/"not caring that Miami's Safety was hurt")-TOWARDS openly whimpering and weeping about his efforts, pain and struggles as a Coach in press conferences...digression, digression.  Anyways, What was the harm in enwakening and enlivening your players and staff by showing some passion and enthusiasm...?

YET, after reading the foremost portion of jimmy's post from earlier, I came away pondering a familiar axiom:  "Familiarity breeds contempt."  Formerly, I had singularly interpreted the meaning of this phrase, as one of disliking and disdaining in Others, the solely negative and ugly traits we ourselves often exhibit or disfavor in ourselves, BECAUSE, inevitably Their outward portrayal 'hits too close to home.'  Reading the last sentence from the aforementioned post, stating, "It will be hard to keep his players heads in the game, if he can't lead by example," I thought, Perhaps sometimes "Contempt because of Familiarity" doesn't trully have to be invoked due to completely ugly traits and qualities...  What about the portrayal of innocent and simple "Youthful Exuberance," for instance (ala Josh McDaniels)?  Could simply showing this quality lead to actual contempt?

My answer, "Yes".  Being 'buddy-buddy' with the players and exhibiting the same antics and seemingly harmless qualities that THEY often show, certainly could inevitably lead to lack of respect, and subsequently therefore, even contempt.  It goes much further than simply the meaning behind the old excuse of "You did it 'Coach', Why is it wrong then If I do the same," portrayal of Leadship by Example.  To liken it in some odd metaphorical question, I ask You ALL:  "Have the very same respect, for say, This Nation's President, IF He, from this moment forwards, dressed in ripped jeans and a T-shirt...always...from this point ever onward, never dressed the part again?"  Really Would You?  Think and Be Honest?  EVERY single appearance, here on out, Looking like YOU doing housework.  Look, I for one, believe me, Understand the total absurdity of arbitrary decorum.  So I'm not saying Obama don a jeweled crown and purple robe...  My point is, IF one HAS to look like they're in Control of things, One certainly moreso has to ACT like it as well.     

THUS, If "Familiarity doesn't breed Contempt," It certainly CAN at the very least, Diminish Respect.  Put simply, Their HAS to remain some semblance of an air of Reservation therefore Control and thus Supervision and Guidance WITHIN that Leader (as well, and hopefully ideally along WITH still being at least, to a degree, that certain friend, confidant...and buddy).  It all goes hand-in-hand with Having an air of- 'You can ALL Respect and therefore Follow Me because I'll guide and even protect you and All BECAUSE I'm SHOWING You that I'm fully and in a complete sense, WORTHY of these things...of being your leader.'

Thoughts ANYONE?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Anyone annoyed with McDaniels’ trash talk and Brash Persona? : You know I think he is a little young and that's showing through quite a bit..I did get a kick out of the Giants game when the NFL network showed a replay of him on the sidelines ripping his team for three Illegal procedure penalties after getting a first and goal.  He looks so young it's hard for me to take it seriously even when he freaks.
    Posted by ewhite1065

always two sides to the story....
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4697154

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone annoyed with McDaniels’ trash talk and Brash Persona? : jimmy and ALL : Admittedly, I was pretty ambivalent towards McDaniels' antics...  My sentiments bordered somewhere between not-givin'-a-cr#p and somewhat enjoying his enthusiasm and vigor.  It was certainly nowhere near as gaudy and ignorant as attempting to make the Sportscenter Highlight reel by handing a ref a dollar bill as the official was reviewing whether your whopping 15 yard passing play in the 3rd quarter of a lopsided game, was an actual completion or not, NOR was it as loud and incessant as Rex Ryan's antics which range weekly from blindly stammering and stumbling (often in misconstrued meaning towards salivating reporters)-On about other league players and coaches in Ryan's press interviews (" not kissing BB's rings "/" not caring that Miami's Safety was hurt ")-TOWARDS openly whimpering and weeping about his efforts, pain and struggles as a Coach in press conferences...digression, digression.  Anyways, What was the harm in enwakening and enlivening your players and staff by showing some passion and enthusiasm...? YET, after reading the foremost portion of jimmy's post from earlier, I came away pondering a familiar axiom:  " Familiarity breeds contempt ."  Formerly, I had singularly interpreted the meaning of this phrase, as one of disliking and disdaining in Others, the solely negative and ugly traits we ourselves often exhibit or disfavor in ourselves, BECAUSE, inevitably Their outward portrayal 'hits too close to home.'  Reading the last sentence from the aforementioned post, stating, " It will be hard to keep his players heads in the game, if he can't lead by example ," I thought, Perhaps sometimes " Contempt because of Familiarity " doesn't trully have to be invoked due to completely ugly traits and qualities...  What about the portrayal of innocent and simple "Youthful Exuberance," for instance (ala Josh McDaniels)?  Could simply showing this quality lead to actual contempt? My answer, " Yes ".  Being 'buddy-buddy' with the players and exhibiting the same antics and seemingly harmless qualities that THEY often show, certainly could inevitably lead to lack of respect, and subsequently therefore, even contempt.  It goes much further than simply the meaning behind the old excuse of " You did it 'Coach', Why is it wrong then If I do the same ," portrayal of Leadship by Example.  To liken it in some odd metaphorical question, I ask You ALL:  " Have the very same respect, for say, This Nation's President, IF He, from this moment forwards, dressed in ripped jeans and a T-shirt...always...from this point ever onward, never dressed the part again ?"  Really Would You?  Think and Be Honest?  EVERY single appearance, here on out, Looking like YOU doing housework.  Look, I for one, believe me, Understand the total absurdity of arbitrary decorum.  So I'm not saying Obama don a jeweled crown and purple robe...  My point is, IF one HAS to look like they're in Control of things, One certainly moreso has to ACT like it as well.      THUS, If " Familiarity  doesn't breed Contempt ," It certainly CAN at the very least, Diminish Respect.  Put simply, Their HAS to remain some semblance of an air of Reservation therefore Control and thus Supervision and Guidance WITHIN that Leader (as well, and hopefully ideally along WITH still being at least, to a degree, that certain friend, confidant...and buddy).  It all goes hand-in-hand with Having an air of- 'You can ALL Respect and therefore Follow Me because I'll guide and even protect you and All BECAUSE I'm SHOWING You that I'm fully and in a complete sense, WORTHY of these things...of being your leader.' Thoughts ANYONE ?        
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Yeah, shorten it up dude. You have some great points but every post is a novel.

Sections
Shortcuts