Anyone care to defend the Cassel/Vrabel trade now??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Anyone care to defend the Cassel/Vrabel trade now??

Let's repeat the obvious from when this trade was made: It makes absolutely no sense and we will live to regret it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thh204. Show thh204's posts

Re: Anyone care to defend the Cassel/Vrabel trade now??

We would have been stuck with Cassel $14 million cap hit plus the 3-4 million from Vrabel. Chung will take time to develop, he made some mistakes but he is a rookie! Remember when everyone thought that Meriweather was going to be a bust? Look at him now. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Bob-  A little too early for this survey!  4 pre-season games is not long enough to give Chung his rookie grade!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Give it a rest with the negetive comments bobbie boy. Vrabel was on the slide and with Brady back Cassel wasn't needed as 10 million a year backup.....
    Go back to the jets forum you dou*he bag

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from my10sense2. Show my10sense2's posts

Those weren't the actual options on the table:
    There was no practical way to keep Cassel
    Vrabel might or might not have fit in their future plans; fool that I am, I'm going to assume the Patriots know a little bit more about football than you or I.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone care to defend the Cassel/Vrabel trade now??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone care to defend the Cassel/Vrabel trade now?? : Vrabel would have had more sacks than any memeber of this team. Cassel is a franchise QB who should have commanded at least a 1 and a 3 on his own. Keep licking BB's balls. "In Bill We Trust"...a bunch of idiot zombies without a brain of their own. Pioli raped us on that one. Period.
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard[/QUOTE]

Keeping praying that Rexie's balls drop before he's fired. BB is the man and that's that

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Keep Cassel at the 14 million dollar Franchise tag was not an option. Would have been nice to keep Vrabes for another season though. Still Chung has been around for one training camp and you are already saying he is a bust?? C'mon man...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Bob- Why would you keep a $14mil backup?  If you were to do that you would have to cut other players to get under the salary cap!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

BlowHard, your'e living in the past. Get over it. I still think the 34th pick was weak for both Cassel and Vrabel but it happened get over it. Cassel as a franchise QB... Not really sold on that one. He has underperformed so far in KC, for a while they were saying Thigpen was going to be the starter. Haven't really been following Vrabel, but have not heard anything positive on him in KC either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from madmiker. Show madmiker's posts

Bob, asking if he is worth Vrable and Cassel is getting the cart way ahead of the horse.  I personally support the decision.  Financially it made perfect sense and Chung, although clearly out of his element at times, was put in situations that will never be asked of him in the regular season.  Chung is a raw rookie that needs time to learn the system.  Do you really think they'll have him playing corner like he did against the Giants???  He is still raw and certainly has a lot to learn, but I feel that he will learn like Meriweather has.  Quite honestly Bob, your question is better asked at the end of the season after Chung has had some playing time under his belt and we see if Vrable continues his rather precipitious downhill slide. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from my10sense2. Show my10sense2's posts

Cassel is hardly a proven franchise quarterback at this point.  He was handed an 18-1 team; whether he has as much success with a more pedestrian cast is yet to be seen.  If the general consensus around the league was that he was worth much more than the Patriots got, they would've done better.  But of course, you're smarter than all those other gms that didn't already have a franchise qb too.

That Vrabel would have had more sacks than anybody else on this team, or that that's the most important facet of an olb in the defense to be run this year, is also debatable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone care to defend the Cassel/Vrabel trade now??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone care to defend the Cassel/Vrabel trade now?? : Vrabel would have had more sacks than any memeber of this team. Cassel is a franchise QB who should have commanded at least a 1 and a 3 on his own. Keep licking BB's balls. "In Bill We Trust"...a bunch of idiot zombies without a brain of their own. Pioli raped us on that one. Period.

Thomas had 5 sacks in 9 games last season.That's more than Vrabel had his whole year. 

If Bruschi was going to be a back-up, Vrabel would have been the same. Never been a fan a Cassel, you can give me the ball and tell me pass the ball the Moss, Welker, Faulk, and Watson and I'll have an MvP year. 

Both trades had to be done or we would be asking for a Safety, more CBs, and a number 3 receiver. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeachRooster. Show BeachRooster's posts

Bob, whatever you are taking please change the dosage.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Anyone care to defend the Cassel/Vrabel trade now??:
    [QUOTE]Let's repeat the obvious from when this trade was made: It makes absolutely no sense and we will live to regret it.

I'll defend it. What are you an Idiot. You need to be calling sports radio with the rest of the idiots...You may be right in the long about the player personell decision but that would be only if Brady gets hurt again. And we'll have to wait and see on that. They couldn't afford to keep Cassel and they wanted to get younger and faster on defense. Our defense s*cked last year so even if they s*ck this year your argument is off base.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

Bob is so obviously a troll.  I shouldn't even be ITT but people please stop responding to him.  He's a Jets fan trying to cause trouble on here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Chung will become a solid player over time and maybe more. Right now I am happy if he contributes on Special teams and grows into a fixture on defense. I agree 4 preseason games is way to early to really grade him out.
    Not to mention Cassel needed to go and Vrabel might have one more decent year left we'll have to see how he does. I like our defense looking more 4-3 with 3-4 stunts. Play to your strengths and opponents weaknesses.
    Lets play some Football!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I would care to discuss(no need to defend) this topic but not with a mole !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

I think when the smoke has cleared, you will see Damon Huard on the roster.
    Huard would make a lot of sense releasing Walter.
    I think eventually Hoyer is on Practice Squad.
    No way will he be a legit backup to Brady?
    Or is he just that good?
    Even the great one, Tom fn Brady wasn't even backup to Bledsoe in
    his first season.
    I don't know? But I believe Belichick has not shown his full hand yet.
    Could be a possibility that something is in the works for A.J. Feeley?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Anyone care to defend the Cassel/Vrabel trade now??:
    [QUOTE]Let's repeat the obvious from when this trade was made: It makes absolutely no sense and we will live to regret it.

Unfortunately, we still have an unproven pass rush. Secondly, we no longer have any backup QB with any real knowledge of the patriots offensive scheme. Lastly, we have an unproven secondary.

We can only hope that the Patriots offense will carry the team for the first half of the season - and keep our defense off the field. In the second half - we have to pray a little and hope that our defense comes together to be very good at 1) creating turnovers and 2) stopping the opposing offense in the Red Zone.

Sections
Shortcuts