Anyone concerned that Dennard may end up in jail.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Anyone concerned that Dennard may end up in jail.

Seems to be an awful lot of conflicting information being argued here. The officer was not off duty and he was in uniform. I agree that this is a he said/he said type of case that should not have gone to trial, but can we at least get the facts right?

"At the time, Kopsa was a uniformed member of a four-officer bicyle team that helped patrol the 2 a.m. bar closing scene, when hundreds of mostly college-age people swarm out of at least a dozen bars within a two-block area of downtown Lincoln."

http://www.theindependent.com/sports/officer-testifies-in-trial-for-former-husker-alfonzo-dennard/article_479bb550-75a9-11e2-a43e-0019bb2963f4.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

No. Personally if you strike a policeman,  you should get jail time. So be it. We don't live in a lawless society. yeah I like him, he did a great job on the football field, but I have no tolerance for citizens who succumb to thug mentality and strike public servants who put their lifes on the line to protect us.

BB will have to improvise, adapt and overcome if Dennard's holed up in some Omaha jail- Patriots's nation goes on

The policeman was not in uniform and it's not even confirmed that Dennard was the one who made contact.

You act like a cop in uniform was attacked.

that's what i thought and his lawyer must feel they have a good defense or why would they let it go to trial

ps it was 65 on my deck.

It was 25 in New Hampshire this morning, but I am still basking in my BDC Fantasy Football Championship!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

No. Personally if you strike a policeman,  you should get jail time. So be it. We don't live in a lawless society. yeah I like him, he did a great job on the football field, but I have no tolerance for citizens who succumb to thug mentality and strike public servants who put their lifes on the line to protect us.

BB will have to improvise, adapt and overcome if Dennard's holed up in some Omaha jail- Patriots's nation goes on

The policeman was not in uniform and it's not even confirmed that Dennard was the one who made contact.

You act like a cop in uniform was attacked.

that's what i thought and his lawyer must feel they have a good defense or why would they let it go to trial

ps it was 65 on my deck.

It was 25 in New Hampshire this morning, but I am still basking in my BDC Fantasy Football Championship!!!

If I were you I would be too!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm no sh*thouse lawyer but if he is found guilty of resisting arrest or even striking a cop while intoxicated at 2 am. I seriously doubt he'll do time behind bars with no previous record.

I agree with Rusty.  Probably a fine and community service at most.

This is much ado about nothing.

Then again, I don't hold cops up on a pedestal like some people.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.