Anyone concerned that Dennard may end up in jail.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Anyone concerned that Dennard may end up in jail.

Seems to be an awful lot of conflicting information being argued here. The officer was not off duty and he was in uniform. I agree that this is a he said/he said type of case that should not have gone to trial, but can we at least get the facts right?

"At the time, Kopsa was a uniformed member of a four-officer bicyle team that helped patrol the 2 a.m. bar closing scene, when hundreds of mostly college-age people swarm out of at least a dozen bars within a two-block area of downtown Lincoln."

http://www.theindependent.com/sports/officer-testifies-in-trial-for-former-husker-alfonzo-dennard/article_479bb550-75a9-11e2-a43e-0019bb2963f4.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

No. Personally if you strike a policeman,  you should get jail time. So be it. We don't live in a lawless society. yeah I like him, he did a great job on the football field, but I have no tolerance for citizens who succumb to thug mentality and strike public servants who put their lifes on the line to protect us.

BB will have to improvise, adapt and overcome if Dennard's holed up in some Omaha jail- Patriots's nation goes on

The policeman was not in uniform and it's not even confirmed that Dennard was the one who made contact.

You act like a cop in uniform was attacked.

that's what i thought and his lawyer must feel they have a good defense or why would they let it go to trial

ps it was 65 on my deck.

It was 25 in New Hampshire this morning, but I am still basking in my BDC Fantasy Football Championship!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Arrest for WHAT, Sherlock?

You're a moron. Dennard never hit anyone to initiate any kind of police presence. Read the report.  

The cop claims he saw Dennard, a guy who has never been involved in anything in his life in a "fighting stance" outside of a sandwich shop. LOL

Keep in mind, this cop was apparently on a bike. 

Christ, are you a moron or what? You're one of the worst drama queens I've ever seen. 

Russ, its really really sad.  You can be smart and dumb all in the same thread.  Sometimes in the same post.  You frequently make broad assumptions absent facts to support your argument, and frequently your assumptions are proven wrong making you look like a fool. 

Given the reporting, and regardless of whether or not it is a he said/she said situation, the prosecution's case currently looks solid. 

Denard's defense will be given his chance.  It may effectively counter the prosecution's case but as it stands today based on what's being reported (and that must be considered - reporting not always accurate or fair), the prosecution has laid out an effective case. 

Cop sees individual hit someone else.  Not uncommon for college students leaving a bar. 

Cop proceeds to location of incident to stop altercation. 

Cop attempts to detain individual. 

Individual resists AND strikes cop. 

Cop ultimately (with the help of other officers who corroborate his story) detains and arrests individual. 

Individual faces charges. 

Time to hear from the defense.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

No. Personally if you strike a policeman,  you should get jail time. So be it. We don't live in a lawless society. yeah I like him, he did a great job on the football field, but I have no tolerance for citizens who succumb to thug mentality and strike public servants who put their lifes on the line to protect us.

BB will have to improvise, adapt and overcome if Dennard's holed up in some Omaha jail- Patriots's nation goes on

The policeman was not in uniform and it's not even confirmed that Dennard was the one who made contact.

You act like a cop in uniform was attacked.

that's what i thought and his lawyer must feel they have a good defense or why would they let it go to trial

ps it was 65 on my deck.

It was 25 in New Hampshire this morning, but I am still basking in my BDC Fantasy Football Championship!!!

If I were you I would be too!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

You're a moron. Dennard never hit anyone to initiate any kind of police presence. Read the report.  

The cop claims he saw Dennard, a guy who has never been involved in anything in his life in a "fighting stance" outside of a sandwich shop. LOL

Christ, are you a moron or what? You're one of the worst drama queens I've ever seen. 

Russ, its really really sad.  You can be smart and dumb all in the same thread.  Sometimes in the same post.  You frequently make broad assumptions absent facts to support your argument, and frequently your assumptions are proven wrong making you look like a fool. 

Given the reporting, and regardless of whether or not it is a he said/she said situation, the prosecution's case currently looks solid. 

Denard's defense will be given his chance.  It may effectively counter the prosecution's case but as it stands today based on what's being reported (and that must be considered - reporting not always accurate or fair), the prosecution has laid out an effective case. 

Cop sees individual hit someone else.  Not uncommon for college students leaving a bar. 

Cop ultimately (with the help of other officers who corroborate his story) detains and arrests individual. 

Did you actually say something up above or just use another post to attempt to get another shot at me, only to fail? I know that's what trolls do when they scour for revenge elsewhere like you're doing now. lol

We've heard from the defense. Dennard admits to overreacting and resisting arrest, but denies throwing a punch. Like I said, he said/she said.

Barring a disturbance at venue, I am not a fan of bicycle cops roaming around public places looking to start problems at 2 AM.    This is the kind of stuff that can happen.  For those of us who actually leave our homes, we can vouch for it. lol

The trial is over tomorrow.  Like I said, I expect a fine and community service tied to resisting arrest.

Always entertaining rusty.  those pesky bicycle cops starting trouble, everybody vouch for rusty.  no? he must be referring to the royal "we".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm no sh*thouse lawyer but if he is found guilty of resisting arrest or even striking a cop while intoxicated at 2 am. I seriously doubt he'll do time behind bars with no previous record.

I agree with Rusty.  Probably a fine and community service at most.

This is much ado about nothing.

Then again, I don't hold cops up on a pedestal like some people.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

Barring a disturbance at venue, I am not a fan of bicycle cops roaming around public places looking to start problems at 2 AM.    This is the kind of stuff that can happen.  For those of us who actually leave our homes, we can vouch for it. lol

The trial is over tomorrow.  Like I said, I expect a fine and community service tied to resisting arrest.

Always entertaining rusty.  those pesky bicycle cops starting trouble, everybody vouch for rusty.  no? he must be referring to the royal "we".

When you leave your basement let me know when you a pack of bicycle cops roaming around a venue at 2AM.

Not the best idea, as suggested by this incident. We have one cap, clearly bored, looking to make arrests for no reason. There was no fight, nothing wrong, but the cop made something go wrong, didn't he?

"fighting stance". lol

All I can think of is that movie Men At Work. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5SxhL-QVU0

[/QUOTE]

I have done my share of clubs, tampa's ybor district is lots of fun, but I am happy to have any/all police presence.  Then again, I wasnt part of the shady element down there. If you fear law enforcement, you obviously have something to hide.  I always make sure to thank an officer even when being given a driving citation.  I guess I am one of those people that respects a person that puts their life on the line for the safety of others.  Seem to be in the minority here...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

In response to WeDerrWEBACK's comment:

When you leave your basement let me know when you a pack of bicycle cops roaming around a venue at 2AM.

Not the best idea, as suggested by this incident. We have one cap, clearly bored, looking to make arrests for no reason. There was no fight, nothing wrong, but the cop made something go wrong, didn't he?

"fighting stance". lol

I have done my share of clubs, tampa's ybor district is lots of fun, but I am happy to have any/all police presence.  Then again, I wasnt part of the shady element down there. If you fear law enforcement, you obviously have something to hide.  I always make sure to thank an officer even when being given a driving citation.  I guess I am one of those people that respects a person that puts their life on the line for the safety of others.  Seem to be in the minority here...

I don't disagree, troll. I think cops have difficult jobs, I respect them and don't envy them. But, the smaller town cop attitude does exist and those are the ones who usually seem to have the problems. It's very rare big city cops or the professional state troopers find themselves in these kinds of he said/she said situations. They have other things to worry about. Like, real crimes.

Drunk kids outside of a club isn't something new.  Cops looking to make arrests are usually the ones who have the problem, not the citizen.  They should be out fighting other battles on the taxpayer's dime.

Sending in bike cops sounds incredibly dumb to me.  I live in a city and see bike cops but you never see them circling around a bar at 2 AM, bored, looking to provoke an arrest.

Bike cops are good for creating a street presence, not for making sure drunk kids leave the bar quietly at 2 AM. Dumb.

[/QUOTE]

what do you suggest(cant beleive I am asking you this...)?  Watch Denard beat someone to a pulp?  He wasnt hanging out/loitering.  When an officer gives you an order to stop, you stop. He isnt going to grab denards hand and make him punch someone.  Werent you the one that was saying it was okay to not obey the officer because he was a plain clothes officer?  Maybe that was another ignorant bastid on this board, maybe rickey retardo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

as for the OP, sadly, I doubt he gets any time behind bars.  Moss didnt and he hit a police officer with his car on purpose.

another point to crusty, I remember you singing from the tree tops about Ellis going to jail or getting deported for defending himself against someone with a bat.  Just because Ellis won the fight convincingly doesnt make him a criminal.  Starting fights at clubs and punching police officers(plain clothes, bicycle patrol, canine unit dogs!!!) make you a criminal.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest, if I heard someone say stop late at night outside a club, I am not sure I do stop especially if I am minding my business which I do. What is this Nazi Germany with a halt call in the alley?

Like I said, the probable cause aspect by the cop sounds weak to me. A "fighting stance"? I mean, seriously? Who gets into a stance if they're involved in a fight?  It sounds fabricated.   And if there was no fight, why is there an arrest?

We'll see. There was no fight according to witnesses from what's been reported. Alos, the person who threw the punch wasn't reported to definitively be Dennard either.

Lots of inconsistencies in what happened.

Normally, an assualt on a police office is on camera, tons of witnesses confirm it or there is physical evidence like sratches, bruises or other injuries.

Sounds like a resisting of being cuffed to me with a cop trying to be a big shot.

[/QUOTE]

looks like you have a hitch in your giddy up crusty.  not back tracking as well as you did a few years ago, you were the best on the board.  deion sandersesque backpedal so fast.

as far as a "fighting stance". sounds like you have never been in a fight.  you can tell when someone is about to throw fists.  its not about walking up nonchalent and then sucker punching somebody, at least not to most of us. the only inconsistency here is you making excuses.  Cop trying to be a big shot is pushing people from a bar that is closing and chosing to push the celebrity first is a cop showing out.  One that breaks up a fight or tries to stop a thug from leaving the scene of a crime is not a big shot.  You need to get that men at work parody out of your head, bicycle cops dont have the safety of a vehicle for cover.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

[/QUOTE]

Usually fights are instantaneous. No, I've never bounced around in a "fighting stance" waiting for a fight, no. 

You need to stop defending moron cops on bicycles at 2 AM outside a bar looking to get their names in the papers or get promoted.

[/QUOTE]

cool story bro.  who said he was bouncing around waiting for a fight? me thinks you watch too many movies...

read what you wrote please.  how could you be so judgemental of an officer and so defensive of a thug turd? because he is a pat? looking at the facts to date, you are defending a guy that was obviously out of control.  when an officer attempted to take control of the scene, he was met with force.  he is lucky he didnt get hurt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Did you actually say something up above or just use another post to attempt to get another shot at me, only to fail? I know that's what trolls do when they scour for revenge elsewhere like you're doing now. lol

We've heard from the defense. Dennard admits to overreacting and resisting arrest, but denies throwing a punch. Like I said, he said/she said.

LOL - There's no need for revenge, Russ.  I have no reason to "get back at you" or retaliate for something.

In a he said/she said with corroboration, at this point, it appears that the prosecution has pretty effectively set up their case. 

I believe that the "disturbance at a venue" is exactly why cops on bikes responded, isn't it?  And regardless of whether or not you are a fan, college kids leaving drinking venues cause disturbances on a regular basis and cops on bikes are a presence worth having to promote order and reestablish it when necessary.  The mode of transportation is irrelevant. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Umm, no, dribblebib. I was laughing myself into a coma with your team drafting Kyle Wilson, having no 2nd rd pick in the deepest draft in 25 years and then picking a player who doesn't even have legal citizenship yet (on loan from Jamaica) who had that kind of a legal problem.

Again, we have no idea what happened with Ellis and the bat incident. It's the fact a team like yours, in desperate need for talent and starters is wasting picks and reaching on absolute question marks.

Gee, how is Ellis doing these days? Get on the field much? Crack the lineup at all?  LOL

THAT is what I am laughing at. 

Dennard, by all accounts is a very good kid, never had any issues his entire life and is very talented.

There's a difference.

This is a fallacious (don't get excited by the word russ. Its not what you think) statement.  If it wasn't this thread wouldn't exist. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

"fighting stance". lol

I don't disagree, troll. I think cops have difficult jobs, I respect them and don't envy them. But, the smaller town cop attitude does exist and those are the ones who usually seem to have the problems. It's very rare big city cops or the professional state troopers find themselves in these kinds of he said/she said situations. They have other things to worry about. Like, real crimes.

Drunk kids outside of a club isn't something new.  Cops looking to make arrests are usually the ones who have the problem, not the citizen.  They should be out fighting other battles on the taxpayer's dime.

Sending in bike cops sounds incredibly dumb to me.  I live in a city and see bike cops but you never see them circling around a bar at 2 AM, bored, looking to provoke an arrest.

Bike cops are good for creating a street presence, not for making sure drunk kids leave the bar quietly at 2 AM. Dumb.

what do you suggest(cant beleive I am asking you this...)?  Watch Denard beat someone to a pulp?  He wasnt hanging out/loitering.  When an officer gives you an order to stop, you stop. He isnt going to grab denards hand and make him punch someone.  Werent you the one that was saying it was okay to not obey the officer because he was a plain clothes officer?  Maybe that was another ignorant bastid on this board, maybe rickey retardo.

I'll be honest, if I heard someone say stop late at night outside a club, I am not sure I do stop especially if I am minding my business which I do. What is this Nazi Germany with a halt call in the alley?

Like I said, the probable cause aspect by the cop sounds weak to me. A "fighting stance"? I mean, seriously? Who gets into a stance if they're involved in a fight?  It sounds fabricated.   And if there was no fight, why is there an arrest?

We'll see. There was no fight according to witnesses from what's been reported. Alos, the person who threw the punch wasn't reported to definitively be Dennard either.

Lots of inconsistencies in what happened.

Normally, an assualt on a police office is on camera, tons of witnesses confirm it or there is physical evidence like sratches, bruises or other injuries.

Sounds like a resisting of being cuffed to me with a cop trying to be a big shot.

[/QUOTE]

Wow.  Russ the civil libertarian.  Never knew you were that person.  You a member of the ACLU?

But hey, if Ray Lewis can get off, surely Dennard can, right?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts