Anyone concerned that Dennard may end up in jail.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Anyone concerned that Dennard may end up in jail.

No. Personally if you strike a policeman,  you should get jail time. So be it. We don't live in a lawless society. yeah I like him, he did a great job on the football field, but I have no tolerance for citizens who succumb to thug mentality and strike public servants who put their lifes on the line to protect us.

BB will have to improvise, adapt and overcome if Dennard's holed up in some Omaha jail- Patriots's nation goes on

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Fine and community service. Have to see state by laws. I am more concerned about OJ jury consultants./USC cheerleader rejects.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

No. Personally if you strike a policeman,  you should get jail time. So be it. We don't live in a lawless society. yeah I like him, he did a great job on the football field, but I have no tolerance for citizens who succumb to thug mentality and strike public servants who put their lifes on the line to protect us.

BB will have to improvise, adapt and overcome if Dennard's holed up in some Omaha jail- Patriots's nation goes on

The policeman was not in uniform and it's not even confirmed that Dennard was the one who made contact.

You act like a cop in uniform was attacked.

that's what i thought and his lawyer must feel they have a good defense or why would they let it go to trial

ps it was 65 on my deck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The policeman was not in uniform and it's not even confirmed that Dennard was the one who made contact.

does it matter if he was in uniform? the report states he was making an arrest.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/12/police-officer-testifies-alfonzo-dennard-punched-him-in-the-jaw/

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130212/HUSKERS/130219831/1685

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

Who does the pre-draft research on these clowns?  I guess the patriot way is synonymous with thug.  Imagine, the only decent corner BB has drafted in a decade and he's bound to do time.  Does he still get paid?  As for the moron who claimed that the cop was not in uniform, perhaps he's never hear of a plain clothes cop.  Denard must have been baffled when some random stranger flashed some shiney metal at him and tried to cuff him.  He wasn't assaulting a cop, we was just assaulting some random guy, right?.  I heard that he's going to get deported if he's convicted.

HAHAHAHAHA who did the pre-draft research on Sanchez?  The Jet way must be synonymous with poor football players

Did Sanchez do time before going to back to back AFC championship game sin his first two years?

From 2 time AFC runner to back up QB with a 17 million dollar cap. The might can fall. I think most people would agree the Jets should take the cap hit and just move on. 

On to your point. They did their homework that is why the second CB in the draft went in the 7th round.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

does it matter if he was in uniform? the report states he was making and arrest.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/12/police-officer-testifies-alfonzo-dennard-punched-him-in-the-jaw/

Reading the cops testimony, if the officer wasn't in uniform, he handled it completely wrong. He came after Dennard when Dennard was walking away. If he never made it clear he was a cop, he created the situation, by touch Dennard. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

does it matter if he was in uniform? the report states he was making and arrest.

Reading the cops testimony, if the officer wasn't in uniform, he handled it completely wrong. He came after Dennard when Dennard was walking away. If he never made it clear he was a cop, he created the situation, by touch Dennard. 

Just from reading the local Nebraska papers it sounds like the police officer witnessed Dennard punching a guy in the face. It also sounds like he told him he was a cop and that he was under arrest - Dennard then backed away and tried to leave realizing that an arrest was going to ruin him weeks before the draft. The officer tried to grab Dennards arm to stop him from leaving and Dennard pulled away...officer grabbed him again...Dennard then punched him in the face after having some choice words for him.

So to me, it sounds like the officer handled it the right way. As an officer he couldn't do nothing after seeing Dennard punch someone in the face - he would get suspended or fired if he was caught. The officer also could not just let Dennard leave, when Dennard realized he was now screwed at that point. It's too bad really...sounds like Dennard did three things...punch someone in the face, panicked and reacted to the panic with more violence. He could of just spent the night in jail and got a fine...instead he lost maybe a million in draft money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to ricky12684's comment:

$ and long probabtion, no jail time. kraft's zionist lawyers are the best and have the most pull within the system.

#1 I don't think talib is using "kraft's zionist lawyers"

#2 i don't think Kraft's lawyers concern themselves with Zionism I am pretty sure the Firm he uses and those lawyers are concerned about 1 thing and 1 thing only... billing hours and or their retainer fee

Probation might be a good thing.

probation for assult on an officer woudl be a huge boon.

The cop was not in uniform.   I know you think you know everything, but you don't.  This is why undercover cops shouldn't be hanging bars at 2 AM.

On top of this cops lie all the time. They've lost their morals if they ever had any, they've forgotten their job is to uphold the law, not that they are the law and they can make up the law as they go along. My friend got charged with assaulting a cop once, a ring of people outside a bar with 2 people fighting in middle. My friend being drunk and holding a portion of fries starts throwing them into the air and at some point without noticing hits a cop in the head with one. 2.5 year suspended sentence for assualting a police officer...that says it all I feel

hi dane,

yes i wrote the same thing durign that orignal thread on dennard during the draft. cops can lie and  

will be believed because they are cops.

Yeah they really are something else, they could have pinged Dennard with something he didn't do or maybe he did something else. If the cop was undercover somebody instigated the fight and who's to say it wasn't the cop. The 3 strikes policy is a farce in a hige majority of cases, people going to jail for life for having done very little simply because the money involved in jails has become astonomical, the more prisoners the better

for profit industry, puts our failed " justice" or (injsutice as it were) system in a huge conflict of interest.  the state supposed to be be "blind" adn weigh jsutice neutrally. its never been the case, but when putting people in jail will mean more $ for a state or corporation, it may be more like a slide you get put on (where you have no chice but going down, down, down.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm not 100% sure of what type of evidence the prosecutor is going to use to substantiate his case of felony criminal assault on a police officer! The most important thing too remember is that Nebraska is an extremely unbalanced white population and most of the residents are law and order types. Most important will be witnesses for the defense,because if Dennard has enough witnesses to attest to the lack of proper Identification by the alledged Police officer,then the case drops to a misdemeanor, with a good attorney the worst case scenario is probation and a fine. If it goes to trial anything goes. He could be set free or he could get the maximum sentence.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Kraft and his Zionist lawyers will work behind the scenes to make sure Bobby's guy doens't miss any playing time. When you've got lots of $ it's nice to have a corrupt justice system that revolves around $.

it does revolve around money. particularly if you are rich and white (and have power).

if however kraft pulled strings in this case, dennard's case woudl have been thrown out. and woudl not have made it to court. 

this ricky?

good moniker

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I'm not 100% sure of what type of evidence the prosecutor is going to use to substantiate his case of felony criminal assault on a police officer! The most important thing too remember is that Nebraska is an extremely unbalanced white population and most of the residents are law and order types. Most important will be witnesses for the defense,because if Dennard has enough witnesses to attest to the lack of proper Identification by the alledged Police officer,then the case drops to a misdemeanor, with a good attorney the worst case scenario is probation and a fine. If it goes to trial anything goes. He could be set free or he could get the maximum sentence.

sports,

if it goes to trial? it is in a jury trial at teh moment already

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Kraft and his Zionist lawyers will work behind the scenes to make sure Bobby's guy doens't miss any playing time. When you've got lots of $ it's nice to have a corrupt justice system that revolves around $.

it does revolve around money. particularly if you are rich and white (and have power).

if however kraft pulled strings in this case, dennard's case woudl have been thrown out. and woudl not have made it to court. 

this ricky?

good moniker

yessir.. thanks buddy.

accurate (godvernment)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Just from reading the local Nebraska papers it sounds like the police officer witnessed Dennard punching a guy in the face. It also sounds like he told him he was a cop and that he was under arrest - Dennard then backed away and tried to leave realizing that an arrest was going to ruin him weeks before the draft. The officer tried to grab Dennards arm to stop him from leaving and Dennard pulled away...officer grabbed him again...Dennard then punched him in the face after having some choice words for him.

So to me, it sounds like the officer handled it the right way. As an officer he couldn't do nothing after seeing Dennard punch someone in the face - he would get suspended or fired if he was caught. The officer also could not just let Dennard leave, when Dennard realized he was now screwed at that point. It's too bad really...sounds like Dennard did three things...punch someone in the face, panicked and reacted to the panic with more violence. He could of just spent the night in jail and got a fine...instead he lost maybe a million in draft money.

The only question I have is did the officer flash a badge? Anyone can claim to be a cop and I have been in a bar fight where someone claiming to be a cop tried to "arrest" one on my friends then proceeded to beat the heck out of him after he got him on the ground.

Not saying Dennard was right in any case but if the cop didn't flash something that identifies him as a cop, other then saying it, I would probably punch the guy too given past experience. If the guy showed ID then Dennard was just an idiot but it's not like he has priors. A lot of drunk college kids punch cops and get off with probation. Frankly if you attack anyone I think you should spend a week in prison and I don't think just because it's a cop should make it different then hitting anyone else but 5 years just for hitting someone once is absolutely silly to me unless you a beating the guy down or you do some serious damage with that one punch. The cop said it caused him pain (as most hits to the jaw do) but it's not like he needed any type of medication or medical treatment resulting from it.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hey, I'm a cop. You're all under arrest, so don't resist when I attack you!

If the cop was in uniform on duty it would be cut and dried. But he wasn't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

A pefectly good football question becomes a soapbox for foisting political views and personal prejudices on the rest of the forum.  W.A.L.O.C.

To the real point of the thread:  I suspect that this wouldn't be going to trial if the defense didn't have believe that they didn't have a good shot at beating the felony assault charge.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts