Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't?

I understand that they clawed their way back from being seriously outplayed at the onset, and I give them plenty of respect for that, but there have been so many games like this where it seems like teams simply make ridiculous mistakes, such as Romo's inexcusible pick, which make it all too easy for the Jets to come away with a W they likely shouldn't have had. Just mind boggling how this happens so much with them over the past few seasons.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't?

yeah.  about 4 in a row last year, around the time of the lions game.  Just gift wrapped.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Re: Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't?

There is no should or shouldn't you either do or don't.  Winning games where you play poorly in is something that I always appreciated about the Patriots.  It was the norm in from 2001-2004.  I never thought we were out of a game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

the Jets did what they needed to win

unfortunately, so did Romo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Now we got to listen all week some more about how Sanchez led his team to victory and is becoming an elite quarterback.

God I hate the Jets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Did anyone hear Collinsworth say in the first qtr how the Jests recover
    70% of loose balls.  Way above average he stated.

When does it stop and the BS go the other way.

If it does they are 4-12 team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't?:
    Did anyone hear Collinsworth say in the first qtr how the Jests recover 70% of loose balls.  Way above average he stated. When does it stop and the BS go the other way. If it does they are 4-12 team.
    Posted by MoreRings

this could be like the fielding-adjusted batting average against, where a pitcher who gets the help of a million web gems suddenly sees his luck turn on him when the baseballs "have eyes"

or it could just reflect the jets' aggressive, attacking style of play

i'm not sold on sanchez - elite QBs don't turn the ball over 3 times in one game. but their defense is legit

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't?:
    In Response to Re: Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't? : this could be like the fielding-adjusted batting average against, where a pitcher who gets the help of a million web gems suddenly sees his luck turn on him when the baseballs "have eyes" or it could just reflect the jets' aggressive, attacking style of play i'm not sold on sanchez - elite QBs don't turn the ball over 3 times in one game. but their defense is legit
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Manning has turned it over 6 times in a game.
    Brady 4 times a few times

Sanchez is good. he'll never be legit. He's kinda like Kerry Collins. Good enough to lead his team to victories...but he doesnt scare you

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't? : this could be like the fielding-adjusted batting average against, where a pitcher who gets the help of a million web gems suddenly sees his luck turn on him when the baseballs "have eyes" or it could just reflect the jets' aggressive, attacking style of play i'm not sold on sanchez - elite QBs don't turn the ball over 3 times in one game. but their defense is legit
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

The D is legit, when will the fortunate plays end.

Sanchez, sucks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1anddone-again. Show 1anddone-again's posts

Sanchez isnt in Brady's class... Not many in history have been.  But I'll take Rex's Jets over Pat's in one and done situation ANY DAY....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't? : Manning has turned it over 6 times in a game. Brady 4 times a few times Sanchez is good. he'll never be legit. He's kinda like Kerry Collins. Good enough to lead his team to victories...but he doesnt scare you
    Posted by dapats1281

i meant he'll never be elite

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Well, the Jets never stop playing. None of them. Even Sanchez, who is terrible, never stops playing. I mean, they did get some luck. Dez Bryant was taken out of the game from his injury, it was obvious. The Cowpokes also lost all of their CBs that they started the game with, making Rob Ryan's blitzes a little more toothless.

But the Jets never stopped playing as well. It sounds cliche, but it means something, especially against lilly livered teams like the Cowboys who CAN be beat when they have a big lead, simpy because they quit mentally when they are behind or ahead by a lot. 

Look at Romo's pick. He had checked out of the game after the fumble and blocked punt. He was just throwing the ball up for grabs.

In that respect, among others, the Jets are well coached. The Cowboys? Poorly coached. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Jets were heavy favorites to win this game so I'm not surprised.  They capitalized huge on Dallas's Pop Warner mistakes which were bound to happen. Dallas giveth and NY taketh.

The only reason NY won is because they didn't give in.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Well, the Jets never stop playing. None of them. Even Sanchez, who is terrible, never stops playing. I mean, they did get some luck. Dez Bryant was taken out of the game from his injury, it was obvious. The Cowpokes also lost all of their CBs that they started the game with, making Rob Ryan's blitzes a little more toothless. But the Jets never stopped playing as well. It sounds cliche, but it means something, especially against lilly livered teams like the Cowboys who CAN be beat when they have a big lead, simpy because they quit mentally when they are behind or ahead by a lot.  Look at Romo's pick. He had checked out of the game after the fumble and blocked punt. He was just throwing the ball up for grabs. In that respect, among others, the Jets are well coached. The Cowboys? Poorly coached. 
    Posted by zbellino

Maybe you missed the graphic of Dallas' 240-0-1 record with a 14+ point lead in the 4th quarter since 1960. I think they were rather mentally equipped to compile such a feat. Until tonight. You think?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Jets were heavy favorites to win this game so I'm not surprised.  They capitalized huge on Dallas's Pop Warner mistakes which were bound to happen. Dallas giveth and NY taketh. The only reason NY won is because they didn't give in.  
    Posted by chuchos

They believe in Jimmy V.'s mantra: 'don't give up, don't ever give up'.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Well, the Jets never stop playing. None of them. Even Sanchez, who is terrible, never stops playing. I mean, they did get some luck. Dez Bryant was taken out of the game from his injury, it was obvious. The Cowpokes also lost all of their CBs that they started the game with, making Rob Ryan's blitzes a little more toothless. But the Jets never stopped playing as well. It sounds cliche, but it means something, especially against lilly livered teams like the Cowboys who CAN be beat when they have a big lead, simpy because they quit mentally when they are behind or ahead by a lot.  Look at Romo's pick. He had checked out of the game after the fumble and blocked punt. He was just throwing the ball up for grabs. In that respect, among others, the Jets are well coached. The Cowboys? Poorly coached. 
    Posted by zbellino

their special teams coach and their punt team blockers need a good stern talking to.  you NEVER GIVE UP THE INSIDE GAPS.  EVER.  EVER EVER.  I learned this as a 7-year-old Pop Warner longsnapper.  That punt block UP THE MIDDLE WAS APALLING.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

There is no should or shouldn't you either do or don't.  Winning games where you play poorly in is something that I always appreciated about the Patriots.  It was the norm in from 2001-2004.  I never thought we were out of a game. 
    Posted by HaverhillBob

That's exactly what I was thinking.  I no longer think that we are never out of the game.  I used to though.  I hope those days return.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

They are 50/50 to make the playoffs. No need to get overexcited because a team that was 6-10 last year handed them a win through sheer stupidity. You can say one thing for them though. Ryan has them to the point they just aren't as stupid as the Cowboys were tonight. They used to be. That's half the battle for a coach. Just eliminating most of the really stupid stuff.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Posted by HaverhillBob

Exactly..the 2001 Pats were that way...thats why there were always called 'overrated' and btw..annoyed are opponents to no end...watching message boards that season you would see alot  of 'we beat oursevles' or 'the pats got lucky'

There are a lot of intagibles in football.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's pretty simple from my perspective. The Jets didn't play well enough to win the game last night, HOWEVER, and this is a large one they didn't lose the game either. What does BB always say, you don't always have to win the game you just have to make sure you don't put yourself in a position to lose it. That's what happened last night and all the close games the Jets have won. They stick around never really playing well enough to win but since they always stick around it allows other teams to lose. The Jets didn't deserve to win the game and were outplayed for 80% of the game but the Cowboys did deserve to lose in those last 5 mins and that's what made the difference. It's not so much luck as it is perseverance and that's what happened last year in the playoffs. The Jets played well enough not to lose the game while the Pats made mistake after mistake. The Pats deserved to lose the playoff game last year and the Cowboys deserved to lose the game last night because of mistakes plain and simple

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Did anyone hear Collinsworth say in the first qtr how the Jests recover 70% of loose balls.  Way above average he stated. When does it stop and the BS go the other way. If it does they are 4-12 team.
    Posted by MoreRings

Besides having to listen to Dungy Collinsworth has got to be the biggest idiot announcer on TV. He was already riding the Jet bandwagon before the game even started.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Not really, the Jet's were clearly the better team...They did get some breaks but good teams make plays and bad teams don't...two plays in particular that turned the game aside from the late interception was the Dallas o-line parting like the red sea to allow the block punt-turnover TD...and to me the game changer was Romo's fumble inside the 5 yard line, up by 7, with 6 or 7 minutes to go, all they needed was to just kick a field goal to make it a 2 score game.

His decision to tuck the ball and run was a poor game management, and it's one of the reasons the Cowboy's don't win games like last night...If Romo simply throws the ball away, settles for the chip shot FG they likely win the game. 

The Jet's defense is the real deal...like it or not this is going to be a fight to the finish this year.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts