Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't?

In Response to Re: Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't?:
    [QUOTE]Sanchez isnt in Brady's class... Not many in history have been.  But I'll take Rex's Jets over Pat's in one and done situation ANY DAY....
    Posted by 1anddone-again[/QUOTE]

Good one bugboy. I'll take the Pats 6 SB apperences with 3 Lombardi Trophies Over the Jets 'we haven't been in one since the 60s but we talk a lot'

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't?

It's beginning to look to me like they may be the real deal. I heard the same things said about the Pats teams of 2001-2004.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

Hey, the Pats get to play the Cowboys soon ...

and please, stop calling Matt Ryan, Matty "Ice", until he actually wins something or can beat someone!

Also, great teams are littered with wins like this!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Who ever would have thought that Romo would have put up 350 yards against Revis & Cromartie?  In the 45-3 beating we handed the Jets, Brady threw for 325 yards. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Are you gonna spend all day downplaying the jets win Russ?

Give em their due and move on...  Not much to debate.  The Jets winning games that they supposedly should not just sais that they are a good team who knows how to win ugly and their defense keeps em close until they can finish. We will have our hands full winning the division with all the other teams getting better.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't?:
    [QUOTE]That's insulting to those Pats teams.  Absolutely  ludicrous when you consider what NE did in 2001 and actuall sealed the deal in the SB. Then in 2003 and 2004 winning 22 straight games and two more SBs? Please. Brady was consistently a QB who wouldn't turn it over with dumb INTs or fumbles and maintaining a 2:1 TD/INT ratio with lesser offensive talent around him. It's just rheotric and NY area spin work.    Last night reminded me of the 2009 Pats opener. That's about as close as a comparison as I can think of with a team people thought would look strong and didn't. It's the same thing.    Were we cheering about barely beating Buffalo on Monday night opener and Brady's return? No!  We were happy to escape and knowing the team needed to improve a lot.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

We were chearing last year when the Chargers missed a FG to tie it with under a minute, when Peyton threw for 400 yards, came back from 17 down in the 4th to within three then threw a pick.  Did we feel like we got lucky to escape with a win or did our D step up?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else annoyed at how the Jets keep winning games they likely shouldn't? : Dude, the Jets didn't address their pass rush.  Jenkins, Taylor and Ellis are missing from their best pass rushing seasons of 2009 and 2010.  Sure, they are older players who have  moved on, but that's the best they had.  Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas aren't scaring anyone. Nor is Muhammad Wilkerson who they moved to the weakside last night in fear of him not being able to hold up on the strong side. Their fans downplayed these losses, but you can see it showing up in that game last night. That's why Romo threw all over them.

I don't recall the Jets having a good pass rush the last few years.  They sure had a lot of pressure last night.  Problem was, Romo made them pay often, even though he was sacked 4 or 5 times.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]What? "Clearly"? Laughable. Homer Jets Deluxe, Mike Greenberg, stated "clearly" Dallas was the better team and I agree. Did you watch the game? Dallas was in control for the entire game until about 3 minutes left.   The Romo fumble means NY was the better team?  So, barring his stupid fumble and a STs gaffe, would Dallas have been the better team? Dallas didn't even field starting CBs or a starting nickel for essentially the whole game! NY should have pulled away in that game, but Dallas took it to them. If Romo isn't a bozo, it's 31 points allowed by the Jets D.  You were impressed with the Jets D? WHy? I can think of like 5 plays alone where they either had mental breakdowns or were dominated by Dallas's offense. If NY plays like that against Dallas, what do you think NE will do to them?  I was impressed with Dallas undermanned and in on there on a emotional 9/11.

I did watch the game...cleary the Jets are the better team they might not have played their best last night, but I'd take them over the Cowboy's on a nutral field 9 of 10

That said, I am a Pat's fan through and through...While I am also not a big fan of the Cowboy's...I root for any team that plays against the Jet's and for that matter the Colts too...As Pats fans we all better get used to the idea that the Jet's are for real and it was them who played in the AFC Championship game last year not us...after punching us in the mouth on our field and to me the division titles mean nothing if we can't advance beyond the 1st round and they're even more worthless when we get waxed by the team in our divivion that we summarily dismissed as irrelevent by crushing them on their own field 45-3...

Good teams don't beat themselves...the Jet's last night had zero penalties and when the game was in the balance...their defense stepped up and the Cowboy's didn't...

It was cleary a game the Cowboy's should've won, but they lost the game...the Jet's didn't win the game, but they didn't lose it either...which is a sign of a good team. Remeber the Patriots Ravens game of 2007...the San Diego game. they're plenty of examples when the better team is outplayed, but find aways to win close ones at the end...

Cleary I watched the game, cleary you lack the ability to give credit where it's due...

The Patriots got waxed by the Browns last year....cleary they were the better team...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]Dude, all those examples are ROAD games. NY was opening their season on 9/11 and looked FLAT. FLAT. They gave up a ton of yards in the air and barely managed a TD before half. The second half wasn't much better. Giving credit for what Dallas did for NY's benefit is just beyond stupid.  Everyone and their mother is talking about how pathetic Tony Romo was at the end of the game this morning, not how great the Jets were. Case closed.

Like I said earlier, whatever you need to sleep at night.  Ok, they were road games, that's an excuse for giving up 400 yards?
    This kind of win for the Jets is not uncommon.  We have seen them play poorly, but stick around and make plays to win it.  I don't care if it's a pick, a block, a fumble recovery or a 50 yard feild goal.  Teams that leave themselves in a position to win a game at the end are not just lucky.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

As expected -- and deserved -- there's no end of Tony Romo bashing in here today, and that's as it should be. But beyond that, you've simply got to face the reality of the situation. When your team gets a gift win here and there, you simply chuckle quietly to yourself and move on; but when myriad teams keep handing your team what look suspiciously like "free" wins, you have to go to the "good teams find ways to win" take.

Now, normally, I enjoy watching Tony Romo p*ss down his leg as much as anyone. If Notre Dame is the Dallas Cowboys of the NCAA (and it certainly is), then Tony Romo is surely the Notre Dame of NFL quarterbacks. I am continually amazed at how many people should know better who continue to insist that this guy is a quality NFL quarterback when, every time the moment presents itself, he has to change his diaper.

I'll tell you something . . .   if New Jersey had actually covered in this game, I would be concerned that Romo might have a gambling problem. It's one thing to get flustered in the red zone and try to do too much. That's just Romo being Romo and the Jests taking advantage of the fact that he's a gibbering idiot. But the Revis interception -- and I hate to even call it that . . .  he appeared to be the primary receiver -- was just mind boggling. Romo is rolling toward him and looking right at him and as Bryant goes skipping away to god-knows-where, Romo simply delivers the ball -- and the game -- to New Jersey.

I mean . . .   there's bad . . .  and then there's simply inexplicable.

All that said, however, when the same thing keeps happening over and over, at some point you've got to admit -- as much as it may pain you to do so -- that it isn't luck.

Of course, the flipside is that a practically inept Cowboys team gave New Jersey all it wanted. In a just world (which this may not be) that should bode well for the actual NFL teams on the Jests' schedule.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]A win is a win is a win. The Jets grinded it out, its just that simple. Romo gift wrapped that INT however we cant just say "oh Romo gave it to them". The Jets made plays, they blocked a punt, and they have good players who make plays, yes it was gift wrapped but Revis still grabbed the INT and pretty much won the game.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Nicely worded. That is all I'm saying.  The whole game Revis was playing one on one and Romo made him pay a few times.  On that play, there was help over the top and Revis undercut it.   I think Romo had no idea he was even there... hopefully he didn't.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]yeah.  about 4 in a row last year, around the time of the lions game.  Just gift wrapped.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

That is so very true "Dave".  It's unreal what's happening to Boston sport fans. In addition to the Jets being handed another win in the 4th quarter again, the Sox in an absolute nose dive, and the Yanks pulling out a gift win against the Angels at the very end of their game, it's hard for me to be to optimistic that our Pats will beat a tough Miami team tonight.  I sure hope the Pats haven't been paying to much attention to all the pre-season hype about how good their supposed to be, or we're in for yet another set back for Boston sport fans tonight.  GO PATS! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]Now we got to listen all week some more about how Sanchez led his team to victory and is becoming an elite quarterback. God I hate the Jets.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

AMEN!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Can both of you please explain to me how the Jets were lucky or fortunate to beat the Pats last year when it mattered most. I guess like Caesar the commishner right after the coin flip, standing in his private suite with the owners of the Jets and Patriots flanking him, must have given the thumbs down sign to Belicheck and Brady. Signaling to the head umpire that to the Jet's go the spoils...

Sorry but I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories...I guess Romo's mishandling of the snap on the game winning field goal against the Seahawks must have been related to gambling as well...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]That's insulting to those Pats teams.  Absolutely  ludicrous when you consider what NE did in 2001 and actuall sealed the deal in the SB. Then in 2003 and 2004 winning 22 straight games and two more SBs? Please. Brady was consistently a QB who wouldn't turn it over with dumb INTs or fumbles and maintaining a 2:1 TD/INT ratio with lesser offensive talent around him. It's just rheotric and NY area spin work.    Last night reminded me of the 2009 Pats opener. That's about as close as a comparison as I can think of with a team people thought would look strong and didn't. It's the same thing.    Were we cheering about barely beating Buffalo on Monday night opener and Brady's return? No!  We were happy to escape and knowing the team needed to improve a lot.

Sorry King, I usually agree with what you say, even if you are at times really long winded about it(though not as bad as Laz). But between 2001-2004, ALL of the pundits were saying the same things about the Pats that most of us are saying about the Jets. This is also what usually preceeds a team that really is reaching the top tier of the NFL. The typical "I don't know how they do it, they should have lost that game but they seem to find a way to win." Now if you really were a fan of the Pats in 2000, you would remember hearing that a lot the next few years. the only difference is the Jets haven't made it to the promised land and, as you say, "sealed the deal" but that doesn't make my statement ludicrous. I think the Jets are becoming the real deal and not the pretenders we all wish they were.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

[QUOTE]At some point, there is a lot of luck involved and it's not impressive, it's just luck, and it happens to the Pats too.   Good for them, but stop acting like they are some juggernaut team.[/QUOTE] 

they are not a juggernaut, but saying they are simply "lucky" is wishful thinking.

[QUOTE] The Jets get this hype because they  have all told us how great they are.  The question is, are they really? When you watch them, are they really this unstoppable team or are they pretty much in a deep mix of borderline playoff teams?[/QUOTE]

two afc championship games in a row, playing on the road: they are THE most dangerous borderline playoff team, that somehow plays best in the biggest games.

[QUOTE]Jax will give them problems next week.   Much better secondary and a good D as well.

every team gives them problems, i want them to lose and miss the playoffs. and shut up.

until then you gotta respect what they are doing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]Dropped TD by Crumpler and Brady's awful INT as they steamrolled down the field. That's 14 points, worst case, 10. Did Rex magically wave a wand when Crumpler try to catch a wide open pass or did he put a hex on Brady on that pass to BJGE? At some point, there is a lot of luck involved and it's not impressive, it's just luck, and it happens to the Pats too.   Good for them, but stop acting like they are some juggernaut team.  It's becoming annyoing. I was kidding about them throwing the game. Put it this way, if you are  Cowboys fan watching your refurbished, new atttitude team play an almost perfect road game for 56 minutes, you'd be annoyed your team flat out handed it away. Very quietly, Buffalo has readjusted and Miami isn't as bad some claim.  The Jets get this hype because they  have all told us how great they are.  The question is, are they really? When you watch them, are they really this unstoppable team or are they pretty much in a deep mix of borderline playoff teams? Buffalo just BLASTED an up and coming KC team at one of the most difficult places to play in the NFL. Everyone here gave credit to NY last year in the playoffs. They won the game, made more plays and executed better.  But, that's over. Their mad dash to win it all into the lockout failed and you can't have watched last night's game and thought either their O or D was as impressive as it had been in recent years. Jax will give them problems next week.   Much better secondary and a good D as well.

I guess it's more about expectations.  I don't expect a blocking TE to catch every pass thrown his way, that's why we have Gronk & Hernandez.  I also don't expect that Brady will never throw a pick, especially facing the pressure he did.  And if that pick was inexcusable, did he choke the way Romo did?  I don't think I've ever seen Brady choke.
    You think that the Jets are thought of as a good team because they say so, not because they beat us last year on their way to the AFC championship game?  That may work with some, but I like to think of myself as a fan who can watch another team and make my judgements on how they play, not what they say.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts