Anyone else catch Ocho's tweet from earlier this morning...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Anyone else catch Ocho's tweet from earlier this morning...

May explain why he's not on the field running anything more complicated than a square out LOL

@ochocinco: LMAO, do you want to see my grades from highschool? Pathetic,no way i got in UM RT @shawnsmedley: @ochocinco why didnt you go to da U??? 25 minutes ago

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Anyone else catch Ocho's tweet from earlier this morning...

I dont think that is funny.

Nor should Ocho, but in all fairness its actually B.B. that has the egg on his face.

Anything that Ocho is doing now is something Bill should have known about before paying this guy. 

He was always a tweeter. He has never been to be a genius and has constantly argued and not been on page with Carson Palmer.

Bad move ,IMO. He can still help, but you have to cater to him and get him involved.

I would be laughing my  a ss off too If I got paid 6 milly to chill w/Brady and play a few snaps a game and make one catch per game. Thats a nice gig!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else catch Ocho's tweet from earlier this morning...:
    [QUOTE]I dont that is funny. Nor should Ocho, but in all fairness its actually B.B. that has the egg on his face. Anything that Ocho is doing now is something Bill should have known about before paying this guy.  He was always a tweeter. He has never been to be a genius and has constantly argued and not been on page with Carson Palmer. Bad move ,IMO. He can still help, but you have to cater to him and get him involved. I would be laughing my  a ss off too If I got paid 6 milly to chill w/Brady and play a few snaps a game and make one catch per game. Thats a nice gig!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I've always suspected he was dumber than rocks. Underwood, who has been here for about a ham sandwich, was playing in the "hurry up" offense yesterday. Ochostinko's been here for 5 months and he still can't pick it up....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Something else is going on, it's clear the guy still has dynamic route running capabilities, but he's on the bench? No way it's an inability to pick up the offense. We know that, at the very least, he knows how to run one route, put him in the game to run that route over and over again!

Anyway, I'm more worried about the defense. Unless Ocho being on the field makes the defense better, I don't care. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I dont think that is funny. Nor should Ocho, but in all fairness its actually B.B. that has the egg on his face. Anything that Ocho is doing now is something Bill should have known about before paying this guy.  He was always a tweeter. He has never been to be a genius and has constantly argued and not been on page with Carson Palmer. Bad move ,IMO. He can still help, but you have to cater to him and get him involved. I would be laughing my  a ss off too If I got paid 6 milly to chill w/Brady and play a few snaps a game and make one catch per game. Thats a nice gig!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I trust Belichick to differentiate between people who know football and people who don't, but this is the real red flag.  At the end of the day, it should have been clear that he was bigger than the team and the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

To be honest i'd wager a majority of NFL players are "dumb as rocks"....I have absolutely zero issue with the money they make, it's a direct reflection of me watching every Patriots game every season...But Chad actually seems to be a cut above, hearing him talk doesn't make me cringe ala Asante Samuel.  He is clueless in the offense though, which is annoying when you see him totally tool a corner like he did on that 15 yard out in the Was. game...that was a sweet, sweet piece of running.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I gotta be missing something here.  sml210 makes an excellent point about Underwood and yet Ocho is still riding the pine, a former pro bowl wideout.  It seems that everyone who's seen him practice says he tears it up there.  Why is he riding the pine?  By the way, that was 2 consecutive games where he caught a critical 3rd and long for a 1st down.  There's got to be something we don't know going on here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Perhaps some are correct, and BB is stashing him for the post-season when he will magically pull out  a bag of rocks and all our ills will be instantly fixed. If Ocho was any good and consistent, you got to think he would be getting more time than Branch anyway.

If there is somethign to this, my only thought would be that Brady doesn't want him on the field for any extended period of time for whatever reasons. For the life of me, I can't believe Underroos is getting more time than Ocho at this point in the season. Somethign is amiss here in Patriots Land.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

I honestly dont see why u guys are still debating over the fact that ocho isnt on the field alot and he hasnt caught alot of balls and he gets paid alot. ITS NOT YOUR MONEY THATS PAYING HIM ITS ROBERT KRAFTS MONEY, (and for those who wanna say you buy tickets thats a small percentage of a total that probably goes more to the betterment of the stadium than to players) and if bill wants him on the team then why are we still talkin about this, its old, seasons almost done leave the man alone he's content where he's at and his role on the offense, stop thinking that every used to be  star athlete is suppose to produce the same results on our team that they did years ago, im sure if he was such a big problem for the team he wouldnt be here just like how ALBERT isnt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Whatever.  I dont care if he went to the U or not.  I want him to catch balls.  And he hasn't been on the field enough to do it.  I don't even think I blame him anymore, they don't seem to put him out there even when he has caught some.  Not sure what is happening.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Wait, there are people here who think he is being "stashed" for the post-season?  That has to be a joke right......"Hey Chad, we know your a stud in this offense, but we'll trick everyone by having you play limited snaps, some of which you will run shaky routes on, others just look confused pre-snap.  Come January, they'll never know what hit 'em!"  LOL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Interesting story about Chad Johnson...

http://espn.go.com/melkiper/s/2001/0215/1085985.html

EXERPT:

"UCLA, USC, San Diego State, Hawaii and Oregon State were all interested in having me sign on with their programs. Because of coach Erickson, I signed on at Oregon State. At the time, I told coach Erickson that I wouldn't disappoint him. Before I was able to put the pads on, I had to make up some credits at Santa Monica College. That's why I didn't take part in any practices at Oregon State until just three weeks before the season opener. In a very short time, I had to learn everything about the new offense. Initially, I was fourth on the depth chart. That was the reason for the slow start. By the third game, though, I was beginning to show the necessary progress."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]I honestly dont see why u guys are still debating over the fact that ocho isnt on the field alot and he hasnt caught alot of balls and he gets paid alot. ITS NOT YOUR MONEY THATS PAYING HIM ITS ROBERT KRAFTS MONEY, (and for those who wanna say you buy tickets thats a small percentage of a total that probably goes more to the betterment of the stadium than to players) and if bill wants him on the team then why are we still talkin about this, its old, seasons almost done leave the man alone he's content where he's at and his role on the offense, stop thinking that every used to be  star athlete is suppose to produce the same results on our team that they did years ago, im sure if he was such a big problem for the team he wouldnt be here just like how ALBERT isnt.
    Posted by 81patsfan[/QUOTE]
       So what if its not our money. Does that mean we cannot have an opinion-that he is not worth it? I think its a safe assumption that Bob Kraft is not happy with the return on his investment.
       He sucks, he is not worth 6 Mill. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsposato. Show rsposato's posts

When all the patriots bend over backwards to say how smart someone isyou can be sure that person is dumb as a rock!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Have to agree, jay. Had to see this coming. But isn't this another indictment of OC OB...? Who is responsible for bringing this guy along ? The measure of a coach is how he elevates the talent of his players. OB isn't coming through here. response to "Re: Anyone else catch Ocho's tweet from earlier this morning...": [QUOTE]I dont think that is funny. Nor should Ocho, but in all fairness its actually B.B. that has the egg on his face. Anything that Ocho is doing now is something Bill should have known about before paying this guy.  He was always a tweeter. He has never been to be a genius and has constantly argued and not been on page with Carson Palmer. Bad move ,IMO. He can still help, but you have to cater to him and get him involved. I would be laughing my  a ss off too If I got paid 6 milly to chill w/Brady and play a few snaps a game and make one catch per game. Thats a nice gig! Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's tough for me to tell if the guy still has the skills anymore because he's never out there. You see him make a good catch, but yet unlike a guy like Branch (who you can see being blanketed all over the field) - he's not out there again - making it impossible to tell if he separates. I bet most of these guys can get in there for a play or two and find some space and make a play, but can they play a whole game going against one of their top corners and do it? No idea if this guy can.

The only time he played extensively in a game he looked like he got some separation, but there was some miscues between him and Brady. I hope this isn't a case where Tom says he doesn't want him out there because he can't trust him in real game situations, because he'll never get better and we need someone at wideout that can gain some space. It might be too late either way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Something else is going on, it's clear the guy still has dynamic route running capabilities, but he's on the bench? No way it's an inability to pick up the offense. We know that, at the very least, he knows how to run one route, put him in the game to run that route over and over again! Anyway, I'm more worried about the defense. Unless Ocho being on the field makes the defense better, I don't care. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I was hoping that guy would show up by game 6-8. Problem is that Ocho is hiding that side of hime right now Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

with guys like gronk, hernandez, welker and branch....who needs Ocho?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Why are people following Ocho on Twitter?  Now THAT is strange.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaiderPat. Show RaiderPat's posts

you guys will see the real ochocinco this january promise...

Sections
Shortcuts