anyone else feels "betrayed " by SUDFELD? what other preseason HOF'r fizzled out this quickly?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Re: anyone else feels

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

almost as bad as hernandez in my disappointment minus the whole guns and multi murder part "allegedly".. thought he was the second coming of gronk but turned out to b a total jabro, not even worth putting on the practice squad. really let me down. who else was shouting his praises here?

You're kidding, right?  I mean, the kid is a rookie, being asked to play a significant role right from the start.  I think you need to temper your expectations.  Wow...you compare your disappointment with him to that of Hernandez?  That's just a little extreme, I'd say.  I realize you, apparently, believe that he has zero talent with no hope of improvement, but I would like to see them put him on the practice squad.  I think that he has shown enough, up to this point, to be worthy of that much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

He looked good in pre-season and against plain defenses during the pre-season but either he is not fast enough to get open or not strong enough to block - or maybe both . . . could all be caused by lingering injuries as he was always down and out while in Nevada.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Come on this kid will end up being a pretty good TE in the NFL if given the chance. He had the hamstring injury out of the gate. He has great hands, he's 6'7", with a 37" vertical, and runs a 4.7  40yd.      I feel bad for him. That onside kick took a crazy bounce.  I hope he lands on the PS but I doubt it. Kaepernick was his QB in college and he tried to get SF to draft him. Brady can make you or break you. And he don't give many chances.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This is what happens when you start singing praises before they are due.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"thought he was the second coming of gronk but turned out to b a total jabro"

Why? Because he had a couple good games in the preseason? 

Can we perhaps see a link to anyone who said this guy was the second coming of Gronk who wasn't on the bong? 

He may not be a jabro yet either dude, he's just a kid. If you can get off the roller coaster of self-created hype and disillusionment you are riding, you will find that he may have a shot, could still rejoin the Pats even

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

NOPE! I dont overate players in the preseason. Somewhere there a bunch of busts in a preseason hall of fame. I dont even think he was worthy of that. I recall making one good catch for a TD in which he bobbled and everyone said he had the best hands on the team, He is gonna replace Hernandez, h3ll some even said he would be better. Oh well. One day they will learn.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

When they first got him I thought...too skinny, will get his behind handed to him...then I watched him in preseason and I've got to say I changed my mind after one catch and run (it was beautiful). Looks like I peed my pants too soon on this one...my bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Yeah, a rookie UDFA really let me down.  Probably even more so than Hernandez.   Betrayed is an understatement. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"thought he was the second coming of gronk but turned out to b a total jabro"

Why? Because he had a couple good games in the preseason? 

Can we perhaps see a link to anyone who said this guy was the second coming of Gronk who wasn't on the bong? 

He may not be a jabro yet either dude, he's just a kid. If you can get off the roller coaster of self-created hype and disillusionment you are riding, you will find that he may have a shot, could still rejoin the Pats even

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Excitement of the preseason wanes as the regular season progresses.  This happened to Sudfeld.  He showed promise, but, not enough to take up a roster spot given all the needs the Pats have with recent injuries.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Just claimed by the jests!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

I have to agree.  I feel betrayed too.  I drafted this guy in both Fantasy Football leagues that I belong to and he didn't do jack doo-doo.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Some of you are nuts.  "Betrayed"?  Are you kidding me?  He was an undrafted free agent rookie who came in and had a good camp and some games against questionable defense in the pre-season.  Sure showed enough to get excited over, but in my opinion he was always going to be a project more than anything else.  If anything I feel let down by the fact that we can't sit on him and groom him along for a year or two.  Practice squad would have been a good place for him. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

When they first got him I thought...too skinny, will get his behind handed to him...then I watched him in preseason and I've got to say I changed my mind after one catch and run (it was beautiful). Looks like I peed my pants too soon on this one...my bad.

I figure you really need to see a guy at least 2 years before you can afix a label. But's it's exciting to see somebody come along out of nowhere and look like a great find.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

Some of you are nuts.  "Betrayed"?  Are you kidding me?  He was an undrafted free agent rookie who came in and had a good camp and some games against questionable defense in the pre-season.  Sure showed enough to get excited over, but in my opinion he was always going to be a project more than anything else.  If anything I feel let down by the fact that we can't sit on him and groom him along for a year or two.  Practice squad would have been a good place for him. 

You never know, the jets may just be looking to pick his brain and he will be back on the PS before you know it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to agill1970's comment:

You never know, the jets may just be looking to pick his brain and he will be back on the PS before you know it.

Rex is looking to try and exact some revenge for his botching of the Woodhead mistake. I think you are correct Sudfeld isn't NFL ready like woody was and it will be ineteresting how long the Jet's will carry hin on the active roster after they pick his brain.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts