Anyone else hold their breath when Gronk landed on his neck?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Anyone else hold their breath when Gronk landed on his neck?

I'm not ashamed to tell you that I did.  Really good to see the shot on the sideline with the training staff checking him out and everyone ended up smiling.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Re: Anyone else hold their breath when Gronk landed on his neck?

Yes, it was a very scary moment. I am still hoping he is alright.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-Fan-In-Oz. Show Pats-Fan-In-Oz's posts

I reckon he'll be feeling that tomorrow. He's one tough dude, but yeah, I cringed when I saw his neck get crunched.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ouch. He was lucky.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah I held my breath, esp when he was a bit woozy getting up.

I use to land like that doing the high jump and it would hurt landing on a soft cushy mat. Gronk's neck is going to seriously be hurting today, he's lucky he has a very thick neck

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I cringe everytime I see that replay--it sends shivers through me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Gronk's Polish, You can't hurt these guys.  Bronko Nagurski would be proud.
    With Gronkowski, Gostkowski, and Nonkovich playing up to the level they are this year I think the Pats need to reassess their Draft strategy for 2012.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else hold their breath when Gronk landed on his neck?:
    I cringe everytime I see that replay--it sends shivers through me.
    Posted by MadMc44

Certainly could have ended his career, but fortunately he is still young and his spinal chord still somewhat flexible. That, and his massive neck muscles, probably saved him. He explained why he decided to jump (protect his knees), but I hope that sobered him to the dangers of leaping too!! I love players who go full out, but no one touchdown is worth the risk of devastating injury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yes, I was extremely worried about the turf.  Hopefully they can patch it by next week.  They need to look into some Gronk proof fields...probably no such thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

From a person that has broken her neck ( I'm fused from base of skull to T2), so unfortunatly i know a little about the spine and I was very alarmed by his fall. Seeing his head & neck land the way he did I was praying that he'd be alright ( I am not a religious person), but it was very scary.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

This kid plays with some serious abandon both on and off the ball but
    he dodged one last night....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

That one one of the most ulgy plays I have ever seen. Thank God he was ok.

He is a special player, having 20TD in first 26 games to start a career for TE.

Fastest ever in NFL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

First I got excited then I thought of lord there goes the playoffs, as he stumbled I thought at worst he might have a concussion or bone contusion in his neck. Then he spiked it like a monster walked off the field and simply stretched his neck. Finally he was back on the field steam rolling guys as a blocker.

I also had fear for my fantasy team since this guy carries my team every week, haha.

on a serious note, this kid is 22 and 6'7" of pure solid muscle. As bad as it looks when you watch it over in super slow you can see that his shoulder takes a lot of the initial blow and he simply is so jacked that his muscles were able to protect his neck. Guy could find a job as the huge hitman in bad blockbuster movies!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else hold their breath when Gronk landed on his neck?:
    From a person that has broken her neck ( I'm fused from base of skull to T2), so unfortunatly i know a little about the spine and I was very alarmed by his fall. Seeing his head & neck land the way he did I was praying that he'd be alright ( I am not a religious person), but it was very scary.
    Posted by laurienyc13

Despite him saying he is okay, I hope they are smart enough to get some pictures of what's going on in there. Sometimes that sort of an issue doesn't show up immediately.

He had "back" surgery in college. I thought it was actually his neck but haven't found anything to confirm that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else hold their breath when Gronk landed on his neck? : Despite him saying he is okay, I hope they are smart enough to get some pictures of what's going on in there. Sometimes that sort of an issue doesn't show up immediately. He had "back" surgery in college. I thought it was actually his neck but haven't found anything to confirm that.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Agree on both counts.  Hope they check him out just as a precaution and I seem to recall it being a neck issue in college as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Did Gronk do gymnastics in High School? Just wondering...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

he staggered for a sec getting up. bb may want to limit his snaps for the next game or two.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

That one one of the most ulgy plays I have ever seen. Thank God he was ok. He is a special player, having 20TD in first 26 games to start a career for TE. Fastest ever in NFL.
    Posted by beavis

It took Ditka 31 games to get to 20 TD's, - what a bum he was...

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Gronk was definitely slow to get up, but after a few seconds he still had to spike the ball.  The man is a monster.........and I think I have man crush on him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yeah, I crapped out.  

Sections
Shortcuts