anyone else noticed how repeatedly EDELMAN got burned by BOLDIN? what will CRUZ do to him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

anyone else noticed how repeatedly EDELMAN got burned by BOLDIN? what will CRUZ do to him?

i like his guts and the grand experiment that is edelman in the slot but everytime i looked up boldin was catching a ball on him. edelman played 27 snaps and i'm willing to bet boldin got all 10 of his catches for 101 yards on jules. oh my gawd, what cruz will do to him? whoever he's on thats where the ball is going. granted boldin is no slouch or chopped liver and it says something that bb trusts him to be out there on a guy of that caliber but cruz is now the BADDEST slot of them all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: anyone else noticed how repeatedly EDELMAN got burned by BOLDIN? what will CRUZ do to him?

Hopefully Chung and McCourty at safety give him help, because if they don't we will see more 20+ yard passing plays that will kill this "bend but don't break defense". Why does is matter if we shut down Cruz when Nicks and Manningham can both beat us. Those are 3 very tall and fast guys, matchups our DB's realy can't cover without help.

More importantly we need to get better pressure on the QB, although Eli is fairly good at shrugging it off and moving forward.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: anyone else noticed how repeatedly EDELMAN got burned by BOLDIN? what will CRUZ do to him?

Bruschi says you cannot criticize Edelman.  According to him, playing 27 snaps on both offense and defense is mind-boggling, and we have no idea how hard that is.

Let's not forget that Arrington got injured and Edelman need to play more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: anyone else noticed how repeatedly EDELMAN got burned by BOLDIN? what will CRUZ do to him?:
    Bruschi says you cannot criticize Edelman.  According to him, playing 27 snaps on both offense and defense is mind-boggling, and we have no idea how hard that is. Let's not forget that Arrington got injured and Edelman need to play more.
    Posted by carawaydj

Arrington back....  no concern for Edelman playing D.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I wont blame Edleman, but I been telling everyone Edlman is a good tackler, and he competes but it was bound to happen.

I would have called a timeout to stop the bleeding. I absolutely thought the game was over and Boldin would score.

The thing is, the Ravens took a while to do that. If they had gone to him early....IDK.

We have to do something else there. I know its not his fault but to play a large role on offense, defense and special teams is bit much and not even imperative to do.

There were other options. I would have rather seen Moldin on Boldin or Moore, anyone....but when you have a wink link like # 44 running around, you have to adjust to that.

We have to do something different. Edleman CANNOT cover Cruz.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

and arrington was back at the end of the game. I saw Nate Jones on the bench heatlhy too

Edleman, no matter how hard he tried this year is not a DB.

We are in the SB.  Wr's covering Wr's is not working.  Unless you talking about troy brown...lol

Go head and line up Edleman in the slot if you dare....thats not gonna work

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Is this an argument over something that cannot change this season? We're rolling with who we have. Eli will just have to try to throw to Cruz with a face full of Vince on every play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: anyone else noticed how repeatedly EDELMAN got burned by BOLDIN? what will CRUZ do to him?:
    I am pretty sure Tom Brady missing wide open Gronks, lobbing balls up in the air and missing Hernandez or throwing multiple picks is more of a concern, than which nickel BB chooses. Good grief.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

Yeah it's too bad we can't have this guy throw 6 touchdowns every single week - like he did in the Bronco's game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: anyone else noticed how repeatedly EDELMAN got burned by BOLDIN? what will CRUZ do to him? : Yeah it's too bad we can't have this guy throw 6 touchdowns every single week - like he did in the Bronco's game.
    Posted by mthurl

I'd be happy with NO turnovers from any Pats player. It isn't often a team can get away with a 3 to 1 ratio and still win. Did anyone notice how the CBS talking heads kept repeating that BJGE never fumbles. It was as if they were trying to jinx him.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: anyone else noticed how repeatedly EDELMAN got burned by BOLDIN? what will CRUZ do to him? : Sure, don't blame him.  Blame the guy who thinks a 5-10 QB turned WR can suddenly be a viable CB.  Credit to Julian, he's out there doing what is asked of him.  I was shocked that there was no flag on that last drive where Edelman nailed the WR in the head while they were both on the ground out of bounds.  I think the frustration of getting burned repeatedly finally got to him.
    Posted by Bustchise

Still can't knock Edelman.  How often does his name come up in a bad way?  Good receivers WILL make plays in a game.  They WILL catch balls on someone.  Besides, I don't think Edelman was covering Boldin because BB thought it was a good matchup.  He had to.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I really think that you will see Moore trying to cover cruz. Molden on Manningham and Arrington who is the most physical on Nicks. McCourty and Chung are going to have to have the games of their lives to control this passing attack. But who knows what BB will do, he may have McCourty on Nicks all game. I think you'll see a lot of zone coverage mixed in too.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurupt. Show Kurupt's posts

Wes welker was also undrafted....not really a good argument against Cruz

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

edelman played decent, i mean he isnt anymore of a liability in coverage than McCourty is...and as for the cruz-welker debate...id love either of them, they are both great...but i think welker fits in better with this type of offense and cruz fits better in NYG's offense

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to anyone else noticed how repeatedly EDELMAN got burned by BOLDIN? what will CRUZ do to him?:
    i like his guts and the grand experiment that is edelman in the slot but everytime i looked up boldin was catching a ball on him. edelman played 27 snaps and i'm willing to bet boldin got all 10 of his catches for 101 yards on jules. oh my gawd, what cruz will do to him? whoever he's on thats where the ball is going. granted boldin is no slouch or chopped liver and it says something that bb trusts him to be out there on a guy of that caliber but cruz is now the BADDEST slot of them all.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Yeah Boldin had the game winning catch for the Ravens.

Oh no wait a minute they lost so what is your point??????

Yeah stupid game plan, don't you get tired of being wrong

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to anyone else noticed how repeatedly EDELMAN got burned by BOLDIN? what will CRUZ do to him?:

Good job. You announce you are finally going away. Then you don't even have the integrity to keep your word for more than a few days. Nice to see your brush with sanity lasted all of about 4 days. Back to screaming at and harassing complete strangers on a message board every waking minute of the day.

4700 trolling posts (that we know of) in less than a year, You have some serious issues regardless of wether or not you are on BDCs payroll. Get a life.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't know why Molden doesn't play outside with Moore on the slot. Moore is a good CB and plays well in the slot. We seriously hurting a the FS position and McCourty sures up that position very well. Chung is too slow to play back there and 44 is too stupid. He just never seems to make the deep read when Chung comes in to play closer to the line. 

Both of Flacco's deep bombs came with Chung and 44 at the safety position, when McCourty played FS it was sound. Molden has been a favorite of mine since McCourty went down and he's tall and fast. 

Sometime Belichick just outsmarts himself, but I guess he knows more because he's there at practice and he knows his players more than I would. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

More a$shattery from the Queen of the fake fans.  SHUT UP.  You have never commented anything but this breathless "oh my gosh I love our team but we are about to get run over by so and so" crap.  YOU ARE WRONG EVERY TIME.  You are an idiot, a liar, and a fake fan.  I will not address your points, YOU HAVE NONE.  GET OUT.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Edelman or no Edelman, the Ravens averaged 23 points a game and that's all they got from us even if you give them the chip shot miss at the end.

I understand the scrutiny during the season. I don't understand it in the playoffs. Playoffs is time to be a cheer leader, not a pundit. If we lose we will have many months to discuss what is wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts