anyone else sees us going 12-4 based on the schedule?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Re: anyone else sees us going 12-4 based on the schedule?

The only tough games I see are Falcons, Broncos, and Texans.

So if we lose 2 out of those 3, we still end up with a 14-2 record.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I see a hard schedule. It's the physical teams that concern me, so Pitts, Balt and Browns area concern. If Bengals have Smith back, they pound with their OL as well. 

Saints, Falcons, Buc's, Broncos and Houstom look to be shoot outs, and I have to see how the Pats DB's look and what they end up at WR...can they score 25-30 per game with out Wes? 

I say 11-5

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

At this early stage, before draft, before preseason and all the changes that come out of that, I would say 11-13 wins. At this point more than 13 seems unlikely but if things fall into place my best guess might be 12-14. If things seem to weaken (say TE situation remains unstable and WR situation is not resolved) it could fall to 9-11 wins. Note that 9 is highly unlikely and would be based on a real worst case senario. So if you ask me now I say 11-13 with a better chance at an upside to 14 than a down side to lets say 10.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

13-3, no worse than 12-4.

The obvious challenges, ones I welcome on the road in domes in particular, are Atlanta, Houston (they'll be looking for revenge big time) and Baltimore.  I think they lose in Atlanta, but hang on in Houston and then slap Baltimore around in revenge.

@ Cincy will be tough (that will be a SB type thing for them)

vs NOs will obviously be a higher scoring type affair and be interesting

I noticed NFLN's Shaun O'Hara has NE at 13-3 as well, but it's the kind of schedule where it could go 12-4 very easily or even up to 14-2 if things break right.

At the ends of the day, I am not sure I care. I've seen this team do 14-2, 13-3 or 12-4 with a 1 or 2 seed and then dribble out 13 or 14 points on offense, so at this point, it doesn't matter to me.  I've seen this show for 3 years in a row.  All I care about is the health of the team come January and Brady's mental state in preparing to run the offense in January.

At this point - without a sure feeling about the TEs and without a sure feeling about the group of WRs (and I am VERY high on Amendola and have good expectations for Edelman) I do not think you can put a "hard" floor of 12-4 (though I think that ends up being in the ball park... I am putting a soft floor at 11-5 but too soon to give meaningful over unders).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

I see potential losses to Falcons, Broncos, Texans and Ravens.  In this crystal ball exercise, the good news is the 12-4; the bad news is playing 50% ball over the last six games, not the best way to enter the playoffs!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

could easily loseto browns and dolphins

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

13-3, no worse than 12-4.

The obvious challenges, ones I welcome on the road in domes in particular, are Atlanta, Houston (they'll be looking for revenge big time) and Baltimore.  I think they lose in Atlanta, but hang on in Houston and then slap Baltimore around in revenge.

@ Cincy will be tough (that will be a SB type thing for them)

vs NOs will obviously be a higher scoring type affair and be interesting

I noticed NFLN's Shaun O'Hara has NE at 13-3 as well, but it's the kind of schedule where it could go 12-4 very easily or even up to 14-2 if things break right.

At the ends of the day, I am not sure I care. I've seen this team do 14-2, 13-3 or 12-4 with a 1 or 2 seed and then dribble out 13 or 14 points on offense, so at this point, it doesn't matter to me.  I've seen this show for 3 years in a row.  All I care about is the health of the team come January and Brady's mental state in preparing to run the offense in January.

At this point - without a sure feeling about the TEs and without a sure feeling about the group of WRs (and I am VERY high on Amendola and have good expectations for Edelman) I do not think you can put a "hard" floor of 12-4 (though I think that ends up being in the ball park... I am putting a soft floor at 11-5 but too soon to give meaningful over unders).

I have a very sure feeling about the quality of the TES and what BB will have for the WR group this year.

I do not like to deal in "feelings" unless that is all there is to go on. I like to deal with facts and probabilities. SO while I also have a good feeling about the TEs there is an element of uncertainty that makes it hard for someone who deals with concrete things to ignore the DEGREE of uncertainty. Similarly there is uncertainty about the WRs - though I am not so much inlcuding Amendola in that category. I think he is as solid as any one else. No reason to think his health is an issue.

So we end up with similar feelings and even similar expecations. The difference is mostly around my own characterization which includes the not so fan favorite idea of probabilities.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

what is this losing to the broncos crap. we just beat them last year with manning. broncos arent as good as you people seem to think NE CAN beat them

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I could see us going 12-4, maybe 11-5 but 12-4 is perfectly reasonable and AFC east champions seems inevitable. 

Unfortunately we are now the kings of the regular season like the Colts used to be. 

At this point I'd prefer character-building losses sprinkled in for reality checks versus too many easy AFC east victories. 

But yeah, I could live with 12-4 :)